U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2011, 05:33 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,670,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Pre-meditated means BEFORE the death.....that the person thought of, planned, to murder someone BEFORE THEY DID IT. NOT reporting the death is NOT premeditated murder.

Accidental death is ACCIDENTAL death. That is not a crime. Whatever she did after the accidental death may or may not be a crime.
To tell the truth, the computer searches are what sold me on pre-meditated. That and the partying afterwards.

In even the most disfunctional families, accidental drownings are reported to the authorities. I just can't buy the "we're so nutty we didn't call the cops" theory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 05:33 PM

31,375 posts, read 19,632,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
If Casey had just left her in the car, and called the police when she was dead, she not be in trouble now. If Caylee had drowned, and she just called the police. But the concoluted stories she told to "explain" where Caylee was, for weeks! That is pre-meditated.
If Casey left Caylee in the trunk of a car which caused Caylee's death from heat stroke, that would be aggravated child abuse -the same as first degree.

Last edited by jojajn; 07-03-2011 at 07:03 PM..

Old 07-03-2011, 05:37 PM

31,375 posts, read 19,632,006 times
Quote:
Caylee's death was not an accident, it was planned for months prior to her death by Casey Anthony.

Caylee was begining to talk, and spill the beans on Casey's life of BS and lies. Casey could not party with a kid, or live the life she envisioned for herself.Casey is a high school drop-out, who fabricates that she has a great job as an "event coordinator" with a rich boyfriend. Then, she does meet a man, Tony, who did like Casey, but Caylee was in the way of Casey's life, the life she wanted, and blamed Caylee for her not having it. Casey wanted Caylee gone.

The problem, is that in Casey's fantasy life, she did not quite figure out or process how to deal with the reality of her family wanting Caylee.

All Casey could see was wanting Caylee gone.
That was the motive of Susan Smith and Diane Downs.

Diane Downs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-03-2011, 05:42 PM

288 posts, read 133,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
To tell the truth, the computer searches are what sold me on pre-meditated. That and the partying afterwards.

In even the most disfunctional families, accidental drownings are reported to the authorities. I just can't buy the "we're so nutty we didn't call the cops" theory.
The computer searches is a strong issue. However, I just don't buy the motive for killing the little girl. Casey Anthony was already partying. The boyfriends liked Caylee. Casey was not stuck at home taking care of Caylee and unable to go out to party. And I don't buy the theory that Caylee was getting older and would talk about things Casey didn't want her to say. Kids forget. It would not be hard to discredit Caylee if she said things about not knowing Zanny. Everybody said Casey was a good mother. She couldn't have hid it if she didn't care for her daughter, IMO.

Did the State present any evidence about Casey fearing that Caylee would be a problem for her when she started talking?

Old 07-03-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Caylee's death was not an accident, it was planned for months prior to her death by Casey Anthony.

Caylee was begining to talk, and spill the beans on Casey's life of BS and lies. Casey could not party with a kid, or live the life she envisioned for herself.Casey is a high school drop-out, who fabricates that she has a great job as an "event coordinator" with a rich boyfriend. Then, she does meet a man, Tony, who did like Casey, but Caylee was in the way of Casey's life, the life she wanted, and blamed Caylee for her not having it. Casey wanted Caylee gone.

The problem, is that in Casey's fantasy life, she did not quite figure out or process how to deal with the reality of her family wanting Caylee.

Where is your evidence of the above speculation? It ^^^ sounds like your have created quite a story here, straight out of the Lifetime movies index.

I completely disagree with your analysis and speculation about what Casey thought and how she felt. I didn't get that impression at all from the evidence presented in the trial.

Old 07-03-2011, 05:58 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,306,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
The computer searches is a strong issue. However, I just don't buy the motive for killing the little girl. Casey Anthony was already partying. The boyfriends liked Caylee. Casey was not stuck at home taking care of Caylee and unable to go out to party. And I don't buy the theory that Caylee was getting older and would talk about things Casey didn't want her to say. Kids forget. It would not be hard to discredit Caylee if she said things about not knowing Zanny. Everybody said Casey was a good mother. She couldn't have hid it if she didn't care for her daughter, IMO.

Did the State present any evidence about Casey fearing that Caylee would be a problem for her when she started talking?
It was brought out during the trial ... the group was going out (Tony L's place you know he had people sleeping on the couch and floors.) Anyway they were going out and Casey couldn't find a babysitter. This to me cramped her style, everyone going out but she was stuck, no babysitter. That is what may me think Casey thought perhaps if I could figure out what could knock Caylee out for the night, not to kill her just to get her to sleep.

It was also brought out in the trial by Cindy Anthony when she asked Caylee about her new playmate Zachary (imaginary child that stayed with Zanny the Nanny too. And we know Zanny is imaginary.)

Once kids learn to talk ... they will talk!

Old 07-03-2011, 06:02 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,306,443 times
Quote:

All of Casey's imaginary people were beautiful, great hair, beautiful teeth, cool cars and rich!

She didn't make up ugly or poor people.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
It was brought out during the trial ... the group was going out (Tony L's place you know he had people sleeping on the couch and floors.) Anyway they were going out and Casey couldn't find a babysitter. This to me cramped her style, everyone going out but she was stuck, no babysitter. That is what may me think Casey thought perhaps if I could figure out what could knock Caylee out for the night, not to kill her just to get her to sleep.

It was also brought out in the trial by Cindy Anthony when she asked Caylee about her new playmate Zachary (imaginary child that stayed with Zanny the Nanny too. And we know Zanny is imaginary.)

Once kids learn to talk ... they will talk!
Well, that may certainly explain an accidental overdose.

Don't have kids, so I probably shouldn't opine about what they do. lol

Old 07-03-2011, 06:12 PM

4,756 posts, read 6,536,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
This to me sums up why even though I strongly want to believe it was an accidental drowning, it most likely was not.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:15 PM

4,756 posts, read 6,536,089 times
Given Casey's general presentation of someone who is messed up, at least from all that I have heard about her so far, I think the theory of her trying to sedate the child so she could party, and then the child accidentally dying from that is the most plausible scenario.

Over a decade ago, I knew of a woman who would give her toddler Nyquil in the afternoons so that the toddler would fall asleep and take a nap.

I also was always very suspicious of the name "Zanny the Nanny" - as I thought that sounds like a street reference to the practice of giving Xanax to a child to knock them out so the parent wouldn't have to deal with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or