U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2011, 10:28 PM

288 posts, read 133,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamisweetheart View Post
If she was such a good mother then why did she murder her daughter?
This case is so confusing
The state did not convince me that she intentionally murdered her daughter. Surely there is at least one person on the jury who saw the evidence the way I did.

The case is confusing because the State could not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey intentionally murdered her child. They did an excellent job of presenting her as a monster but could not prove she murdered Caylee. Their forensic evidence did not even prove the cause of death. What was the cause of death? There was no physical proof of smothering by duct tape. In fact, according to a couple pathologists there would have been signs in the skull which would have proven suffocation, but no one found that.

I don't personally know if Casey was a good mother. I do know that many people testified that she was a good mother. Photos of Caylee showed her as a clean, healthy looking, well cared for little girl. No one ever reported her for not taking care of her child. No bruises. No broken bones. Not starving. Clean clothes. Clean house. Lots of photos of Casey with Caylee in many different places, all looking like both of them are happy and having a good time. Just no proof otherwise. Just speculation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 10:32 PM

The State, Nancy Grace, and the other "hosts" at HLN have done an excellent job of making sure people all around this country hate Casey Anthony. There is absolutely no doubt about that.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:34 PM

15,164 posts, read 13,432,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
AARRGGGG.....I was thinking the VERY same thing yesterday while reviewing that particular testimony. Good GAWD....maybe she killed some of those family pets through the years. Psycho's are known for being cruel to animals.
That thought crossed my mind too, especially concerning the mother and daughter dogs that died within 6 months of each other.

Last edited by Annie53; 07-03-2011 at 11:12 PM..

Old 07-03-2011, 10:52 PM

Hey, guys, there's no evidence of Casey having tortured animals ever! Come on.

You got two things going on here. One, she killed Caylee because she wants to be free to party and have a "wonderful life." Two, she's a psychotic killer who kills for pleasure!! Which one is it?

Old 07-03-2011, 11:12 PM

15,164 posts, read 13,432,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Hey, guys, there's no evidence of Casey having tortured animals ever! Come on.

You got two things going on here. One, she killed Caylee because she wants to be free to party and have a "wonderful life." Two, she's a psychotic killer who kills for pleasure!! Which one is it?
I just said the thought crossed my mind......and only because I thought it kinda odd that a mother and daughter would die within 6 months of each other. Anyway, if Casey did harm a dog.....it would be because she was jealous of it, not because she enjoyed doing the deed, IMO.

I am not even sure she killed Caylee on purpose, just ruminating here, that's all.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I just said the thought crossed my mind......and only because I thought it kinda odd that a mother and daughter would die within 6 months of each other. Anyway, if Casey did harm a dog.....it would be because she was jealous of it, not because she enjoyed doing the deed, IMO.

I am not even sure she killed Caylee on purpose, just ruminating here, that's all.
me too.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:40 AM

461 posts, read 673,490 times
According to the Orange County Sheriffs office, the computer forensics report is clear. Someone who had access to their home computer was interested in: chloraform (misspelled), peroxide, alcohol and most damning, "how to make chloroform", "self defense", "household weapons", "neck breaking", "shovel", "inhalation" and "death".

Somebody in that house surely seemed to have a murderous intent. Cindy tried to take the fall, but was called out. There was a considerable amount of chloroform found in the trunk plus duck tape around the child's mouth, it's pretty clear albeit circumstantial that that was the method of death. For those not familiar with trials, circumstantial evidence IS enough to convict even for 1st degree murder and this case is rife with it.

Another thing, although the defense does not have to prove their case, they do need to have some semblance of a defense. She never would have been arrested and indited if she had one. She never thought anyone would actually check her story out which was her biggest mistake but because she f'ed up so royally, it's now made out as mental instability and gullible jurors will buy it as no one really wants to believe a woman would kill her own child even though it happens all the time.

As far as the defense's theory that George tried to hide an accidental drowning, well, as an ex cop, he would know Casey would not be charged with anything if it was an accident. So why would they risk more by covering up an accident?

My opinion is the prosecution should have gone after felony child negligence which still could hold the death penalty. Casey was the guardian of her child and after the nanny lie was blown apart, the child was in her custody. The child's welfare rested with her. If it was an accident, she had ample opportunity to report it to the cops after being questioned numerous times. I highly doubt the whole family is fine with dumping Caylee's body to be ravaged by animals and left to rot due mainly through their actions up until the trial. Casey's behavior however, is markedly different and evidence of a disconnect or unconcern about her own child; enough to dump it callously as she did.

Last edited by myrevenge; 07-04-2011 at 01:54 AM..

Old 07-04-2011, 04:56 AM

25,881 posts, read 39,166,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
The State, Nancy Grace, and the other "hosts" at HLN have done an excellent job of making sure people all around this country hate Casey Anthony. There is absolutely no doubt about that.
What about Casey making sure that she was going to be hated herself by everybody...how many friends stood by her after she lied to everybody...but I'm glad she has one friend, just like Scott Peterson who was convicted for murdering his wife and unborn son...he is getting wedding proposals.

I guess you will be one of them...ther are always people who like to hang out or in contact with the persons nobody likes..just for the thrill of it.

Twenty years ago there was a program like Dateline of Dutch national tv about a criminal and it wasn't very positive...He was involved in drugs, gangs, killings, etc...I recognized the man since he was good looking and I saw him everyday at my sons school. What was shown was clear enough that at anytime he could be involved in a shooting since he also had been a snitch for the police...more the reason to keep a distance and not to get involved and it was shocking that in a quiet neighborhood a man like that was dropping of his kids at the same school.....the next day a group of woman was standing close to him, talking to him like he was the new Dutch idol...I was stunned and so were others...but it seems criminals are attractive to certain people.

Casey has been proven to be a person that nobody really knows since all she does is lying for her own benefits...what is there to like?
To me it says a lot about your personality.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:56 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,722,131 times
Ashton is doing a great job of taking apart Baez's witnesses and 'evidence", he is laying it out very well, and makes more sense, than Baez's rant and disorganized raving yesterday.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:19 AM

25,881 posts, read 39,166,424 times
The Kronk/George tape issue is funny. Ashton is very clear how bizarre Baez remarks were!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or