U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2011, 11:04 AM

288 posts, read 133,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What about Casey making sure that she was going to be hated herself by everybody...how many friends stood by her after she lied to everybody...but I'm glad she has one friend, just like Scott Peterson who was convicted for murdering his wife and unborn son...he is getting wedding proposals.

I guess you will be one of them...ther are always people who like to hang out or in contact with the persons nobody likes..just for the thrill of it.

Twenty years ago there was a program like Dateline of Dutch national tv about a criminal and it wasn't very positive...He was involved in drugs, gangs, killings, etc...I recognized the man since he was good looking and I saw him everyday at my sons school. What was shown was clear enough that at anytime he could be involved in a shooting since he also had been a snitch for the police...more the reason to keep a distance and not to get involved and it was shocking that in a quiet neighborhood a man like that was dropping of his kids at the same school.....the next day a group of woman was standing close to him, talking to him like he was the new Dutch idol...I was stunned and so were others...but it seems criminals are attractive to certain people.

Casey has been proven to be a person that nobody really knows since all she does is lying for her own benefits...what is there to like?
To me it says a lot about your personality.
What?? You are saying that I'm going to be a death row inmate groupie! Geeezzzzz, woman! That's just crazy. And a personal attack. Why are you personalizing this case so much? I don't know Casey Anthony any more than you do, from the media. I am not her friend. The fact that I try to be OBJECTIVE about a high profile case says something derogatory about my personality to you?

Amazing. The hatred of Casey Anthony has been so spoon-fed to people that now anyone who has a difference of opinion or who RESPECTS the court system and the jury, who is willing to consider ALL OF THE EVIDENCE, as well as the LACK OF EVIDENCE, gets attacked and labeled basically as a death row groupie!

Btw, there are a number of good attorneys out there who have not jumped on the find-Casey-guilty-because-we-hate-her bandwagon, who have watched this trial, and don't really agree with your opinion either. I noticed that somebody posted that they turn HLN off as soon as there is any person who even slightly disagrees with the FLOCK OF SHEEP about this case. Now I understand why HLN cuts short any person on air who points out that the state didn't prove their case......they'll lose viewers if they present a balanced perspective on this case.

I'm looking at the process, the trial, the evidence presented, (just like the jury would have) to see if the State has convinced me beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey Anthony intentionally murdered her daughter. I just don't see it. As so many people here have said, there are so many questions, it is so confusing...........and that means, to me, that the State did not prove their case. If they had clearly proven that Casey Anthony murdered her daughter by suffocating her with duct tape, I wouldn't still be saying, gee, I know something happened but I just don't know how it happened. Many, many people here have said that over and over..........they believe it was accidental...........SO, that proves the State did not prove their case. The state's case is that Casey Anthony murdered her daughter by placing duct tape over her mouth and nose which suffocated her. That has not been proven, IMO.

Last edited by Morgain; 07-04-2011 at 11:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 11:25 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,751,871 times
That is true, especially Nancy Grace, anyone who is not on the "Nancy Agenda", "Off with their head!!". She has NO TIME for other opinions.

No matter what, I do believe Casey had an obligation to tell the police the truth about what happened to her child. She never did, and she had plenty of opportunities to tell the "George story".

Old 07-04-2011, 11:59 AM

6,131 posts, read 6,448,628 times
The state did the best they could without proving exactly how she died or where she died. There's no doubt (in my mind) who killed her - it was Casey Anthony that killed her daughter and disposed of the body.

Premeditated Murder in the first degree.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
That is true, especially Nancy Grace, anyone who is not on the "Nancy Agenda", "Off with their head!!". She has NO TIME for other opinions.

No matter what, I do believe Casey had an obligation to tell the police the truth about what happened to her child. She never did, and she had plenty of opportunities to tell the "George story".
Of course Casey had an obligation to report the death of her daughter to the police. I"m not saying she didn't.

As for what she may have told her attorneys about sexual abuse, she probably told him as soon as he was hired. When someone has been arrested and charged with a crime, the time to talk to the police is OVER. At that point, it is imperative that the defendant speak ONLY to his/her lawyer or legal team. In fact, once she has an attorney, the police are not allowed to talk to her without her attorney present. Once charges have been filed, the case has to follow through to some end, and once the charges are filed, you can't just tell the police your father sexually abused you and then they will get the state attorney to drop the charges. Casey Anthony made a huge mistake by talking to her parents about her case when she was in jail. She should not have talked to ANYBODY but her attorney about the case. And I feel certain that her father, having worked in law enforcement, knew that.

Once charges have been filed and the defendant has an attorney, a period of time starts which is called discovery. At that point, the state is required to turn over all their information to the defense, and the defense is require to give the state a list of all the witnesses they intend to call, etc. I have no doubt that the State knew about the issue before the trial. Depositions of both Cindy and George Anthony were taken, as well as the brother.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
The state did the best they could without proving exactly how she died or where she died. There's no doubt (in my mind) who killed her - it was Casey Anthony that killed her daughter and disposed of the body.

Premeditated Murder in the first degree.
"exactly how" she died is the key. If you don't know how she died, how can you possibly know that Casey intentionally killed her? That's the problem.

The little girl died, her body was hidden, and Casey is her mother. That does not mean Casey Anthony murdered her child. She could have died accidentally and Casey hid her body. We just don't know.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:51 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,697,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
"exactly how" she died is the key. If you don't know how she died, how can you possibly know that Casey intentionally killed her? That's the problem.

The little girl died, her body was hidden, and Casey is her mother. That does not mean Casey Anthony murdered her child. She could have died accidentally and Casey hid her body. We just don't know.
Do you believe Casey had the body in her trunk? Do you think Casey tossed her body in the swamp?

I don't know how she died, but the parent of a child who died accidentally, does NOT drive around town with the body in the trunk of her car. She does not throw the body into a swamp.

She searched for ways to kill a child. (Neck breaking, etc.) She put the body in her trunk. She dumped the body in the swamp. She went out, got a tattoo and had a heck of a good time partying. She makes up Zannie the Nannie. Then she says Zannie the Nannie kidnapped the child.

Innocent mothers don't do that.

BTW: I don't hate Casey. I don't know Casey. But I think the state proved it's case.

Why would the daughter of a COP not call 911 in the case of an accident?

Old 07-04-2011, 01:56 PM

6,131 posts, read 6,448,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post

Knowing 'exactly how' she died is not necessary. If the jury finds that Casey Anthony is RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PREMEDITATED DEATH of the child, regardless of 'how' death occured, that is all that is necessary for conviction of MURDER ONE.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:57 PM

25,909 posts, read 39,205,212 times
That is probably why Linda Kenny Baden is on HLN....

QUOTE=Morgain;19871219] What?? You are saying that I'm going to be a death row inmate groupie! Geeezzzzz, woman! That's just crazy. And a personal attack. Why are you personalizing this case so much? I don't know Casey Anthony any more than you do, from the media. I am not her friend. The fact that I try to be OBJECTIVE about a high profile case says something derogatory about my personality to you?

Amazing. The hatred of Casey Anthony has been so spoon-fed to people that now anyone who has a difference of opinion or who RESPECTS the court system and the jury, who is willing to consider ALL OF THE EVIDENCE, as well as the LACK OF EVIDENCE, gets attacked and labeled basically as a death row groupie!

Btw, there are a number of good attorneys out there who have not jumped on the find-Casey-guilty-because-we-hate-her bandwagon, who have watched this trial, and don't really agree with your opinion either. I noticed that somebody posted that they turn HLN off as soon as there is any person who even slightly disagrees with the FLOCK OF SHEEP about this case. Now I understand why HLN cuts short any person on air who points out that the state didn't prove their case......they'll lose viewers if they present a balanced perspective on this case.

I'm looking at the process, the trial, the evidence presented, (just like the jury would have) to see if the State has convinced me beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey Anthony intentionally murdered her daughter. I just don't see it. As so many people here have said, there are so many questions, it is so confusing...........and that means, to me, that the State did not prove their case. If they had clearly proven that Casey Anthony murdered her daughter by suffocating her with duct tape, I wouldn't still be saying, gee, I know something happened but I just don't know how it happened. Many, many people here have said that over and over..........they believe it was accidental...........SO, that proves the State did not prove their case. The state's case is that Casey Anthony murdered her daughter by placing duct tape over her mouth and nose which suffocated her. That has not been proven, IMO.[/quote]

Old 07-04-2011, 02:05 PM

43,858 posts, read 44,633,300 times
I started out believing the death was an accidental over dose or such, but I'll be honest, I changed my mind because of the evidence of the trial. Even after being involved in the case for 3 years from a media standpoint here in Orlando, I really have to say that I tried to believe the best even when no one else I work with did. It is what I saw in testimony and evidence did I begin to see her in a whole different light. Someone really has to be bad for me to believe the worst in them.

The jury may see what I saw or they may not.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:06 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,697,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Knowing 'exactly how' she died is not necessary. If the jury finds that Casey Anthony is RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PREMEDITATED DEATH of the child, regardless of 'how' death occured, that is all that is necessary for conviction of MURDER ONE.
Exactly. It was never determined how Scott Peterson killed his wife and unborn son. (As just one example.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or