U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2011, 04:06 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,727,414 times

Advertisements

She may have very low self esteem, and it is true that young women who were molested set out to destroy their lives. She may not have had the self esteem to find a job, and the whole idea of work could have scared her.

George could be lying. He could be a cheating, child molester.

But, Casey ultimately made a CONSCIOUS choice to neglect her child, there by the drowning accident to occur, and she made a choice to tell all those elaborate lies.

The tattoo is damning enough. She also choose to steal money from others, her Mother, her friend, and her Grandfather.

After I have watched the trial, I believe the death of her child was intentional, delibrate, planned. Casey did it. I tried to rationalize pinning it on George, and it just makes no sense, with the other acts Casey has done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 04:11 PM

288 posts, read 133,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Well, if your child is dead or missing and you chose to party rather than to search or grieve....doesn't the evidence itself sort of prove the self serving characteristic?
I'm not sure the media had to plant that idea in anyone's mind.
That is just my opinion....but I'm not sure how else anyone could look at it.
It tells me that that is an unusual and odd reaction. I do not know every mother in the world and I cannot say how each and every one of them would behave, but I do feel very safe in saying that most of them would not have reacted teh way Casey Anthony did. I am considering what the mental health expert on grieving said in testimony. That woman is a Ph.D had has 40 years experience in that field. I have no doubt that she knows more about that issue than I do. I haven't studied and taught it for 40 years. She also worked with the well-known M.D. grief and dying expert, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.

There are areas of life in which I do not have expertise, so when someone testifies who does have a lifetime of experience and education in one of those areas, I pay attention. The State did not put on anyone to counter her testimony. So there, at least at this trial, was no expert who testified that what she said about grieving was not true.

I don't see Casey's behavior as self-serving. I see it as self-destructive and denial. As a matter of fact, I think if she were really the cold, calculating psychopath so many people think she is, she would NOT have gone out partying; she would have made herself look very sympathetic. It would have been self-perservation at all costs.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:12 PM

43,858 posts, read 44,614,349 times
I agree Jasper. Lots of women have been molested by their dads. How many have actually thrown the dead body of their own child into a swamp in anticipation of a fun day in bed with their boyfriend?

Old 07-04-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
She may have very low self esteem, and it is true that young women who were molested set out to destroy their lives. She may not have had the self esteem to find a job, and the whole idea of work could have scared her.

George could be lying. He could be a cheating, child molester.

But, Casey ultimately made a CONSCIOUS choice to neglect her child, there by the drowning accident to occur, and she made a choice to tell all those elaborate lies.

The tattoo is damning enough. She also choose to steal money from others, her Mother, her friend, and her Grandfather.

After I have watched the trial, I believe the death of her child was intentional, delibrate, planned. Casey did it. I tried to rationalize pinning it on George, and it just makes no sense, with the other acts Casey has done.
So you are convinced that she planned and murdered her child because she is a liar, she got a tattoo, and she stole money?

There are LOTS of people in prison who lie, steal money, and have tattoos who are not murderers. Nobody ever said that George killed the little girl. The defense did not say that George killed her.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:30 PM

31,375 posts, read 19,632,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
It tells me that that is an unusual and odd reaction. I do not know every mother in the world and I cannot say how each and every one of them would behave, but I do feel very safe in saying that most of them would not have reacted teh way Casey Anthony did. I am considering what the mental health expert on grieving said in testimony. That woman is a Ph.D had has 40 years experience in that field. I have no doubt that she knows more about that issue than I do. I haven't studied and taught it for 40 years. She also worked with the well-known M.D. grief and dying expert, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.

There are areas of life in which I do not have expertise, so when someone testifies who does have a lifetime of experience and education in one of those areas, I pay attention. The State did not put on anyone to counter her testimony. So there, at least at this trial, was no expert who testified that what she said about grieving was not true.

I don't see Casey's behavior as self-serving. I see it as self-destructive and denial. As a matter of fact, I think if she were really the cold, calculating psychopath so many people think she is, she would NOT have gone out partying; she would have made herself look very sympathetic. It would have been self-perservation at all costs.
As the prosecuting attorney said during the rebuttal, "people behave differently during grief but behave the same during guilt." "Guilty people lie, divert, delay, and distract."

Old 07-04-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
As the prosecuting attorney said during the rebuttal, "people behave differently during grief but behave the same during guilt." "Guilty people lie, divert, delay, and distract."
I don't consider the prosecuting attorney to be an expert in the area of grief and grieving. She has no impressive credentials in that topic. Someone who has studied the subject to the point of receiving a Ph.D and 40 years experience working in that field certainly carries more weight with me than an attorney with no credentials in that speciality.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:41 PM

31,375 posts, read 19,632,006 times
Quote:
I don't consider the prosecuting attorney to be an expert in the area of grief and grieving. She has no impressive credentials in that topic. Someone who has studied the subject to the point of receiving a Ph.D and 40 years experience working in that field certainly carries more weight with me than an attorney with no credentials in that speciality.
She is an expert about guilt and how guilty people behave.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:42 PM

25,882 posts, read 39,172,212 times
Quote:
So you are convinced that she planned and murdered her child because she is a liar, she got a tattoo, and she stole money?

There are LOTS of people in prison who lie, steal money, and have tattoos who are not murderers. Nobody ever said that George killed the little girl. The defense did not say that George killed her.
How many put a tatoo "Bella Vita" on their body while their child is missing, don't search but party and then their child is found dead....

Then lying to the boyfriend where Caylee is, lying to the tatoo artist about Caylees where abouts, lying to the family, lying about the so called friends, the Nanny...

What else do you need...maybe that a girl like Casey who is so selfish and wanted to be out on bail with the money for the search of Caylee...do you really think that if it was an accident she would not have said anything 3 years ago...because she might have been convicted of neglect or manslaughter and gotten 5 years, probably less because they felt sorry for the mom.....she would be out by know on good behavior.

To wait untill the trial and no evidence other then 2 pictures who could mean anything, accuse George and Lee with sex abuse without asking Lee on the stand one single question....give me a break.

I think the jury doesn't want to come across as not having done their work thoroughly.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
It is possible IF (strong if) her dad was guilty of molesting her that she did not tell because she didn't want to lose his financial support. Best I can tell she was monetarily supported by her parents and she was old enough that they didn't have to do so. Don't bite the hand that feeds you might have been the scenario although far fetched!
Sure. There is the financial support and if she told, she would destroy the family! She didn't want to completely destroy the family. It was love-hate in that family. In a family with such deep, dark secrets, the worst thing you can do is break the rule of silence tell the secret. She would then become a scapegoat in the family and she would be totally abandoned.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
How many put a tatoo "Bella Vita" on their body while their child is missing, don't search but party and then their child is found dead....

Then lying to the boyfriend where Caylee is, lying to the tatoo artist about Caylees where abouts, lying to the family, lying about the so called friends, the Nanny...

What else do you need...maybe that a girl like Casey who is so selfish and wanted to be out on bail with the money for the search of Caylee...do you really think that if it was an accident she would not have said anything 3 years ago...because she might have been convicted of neglect or manslaughter and gotten 5 years, probably less because they felt sorry for the mom.....she would be out by know on good behavior.

To wait untill the trial and no evidence other then 2 pictures who could mean anything, accuse George and Lee with sex abuse without asking Lee on the stand one single question....give me a break.

I think the jury doesn't want to come across as not having done their work thoroughly.
You are applying logic to Casey which is not necessarily logical to her. I don't believe she really thinks through most of her actions. How many other lies did she tell to the boyfriend, about the family, etc., etc., BEFORE Caylee disappeared? Those just haven't been splashed all across the TV.

I guess what I'm objecting to is that there have been so many stories put out there about what Casey WANTED in her life. I'm not convinced that any of us really know what she wanted, that she WANTED to be rid of Caylee. If she didn't love that little girl, she couldn't have hidden her lack of feeling from all those people who spent a lot of time with her when Caylee was with her. If Caylee was so annoying to her, she couldn't have hidden that from her "boyfriends" when Caylee was sleeping over with her.

You are actually putting the burden of proof on the defense, and that's one of the reasons you're having trouble understanding why a jury might not find her guilty of murder. Remember, it is a requirement that the State prove their charges, beyond and to the exclusion of every reasonable doubt. I don't think the state met that burden. Accidental death is a very scenario. We do not have any uncontroverted evidence that the little girl died from suffocation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or