U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-04-2011, 07:00 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,713,141 times
Reputation: 26118

Advertisements

Wow! That information about the search for Caylee is crazy!

Powerful stuff. I think Cindy was really into denial about Casey. The creepy thing, Baez already knew Caylee was dead, and was telling Casey to say nothing. Interesting. And creepy, he KNEW she was a killer. I understand our judicial system, and innocent until proven guilty, but there is something wrong about that. Casey must not have a soul. Baez must not have one either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-04-2011, 07:03 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,713,141 times
Reputation: 26118
Wow! That information about the search for Caylee is crazy!

Powerful stuff. I think Cindy was really into denial about Casey. The creepy thing, Baez already knew Caylee was dead, and was telling Casey to say nothing. Interesting. And creepy, he KNEW she was a killer. I understand our judicial system, and innocent until proven guilty, but there is something wrong about that. Casey must not have a soul. Baez must not have one either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2011, 07:08 PM
 
288 posts, read 133,713 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Casey used logic very well to construct intricate lies that would benefit Casey. Yes, Casey lied well before she murdered Caylee and Casey learned that these lies worked for her. Perhaps Casey believed she could also lie her way out of a murder!
No, those lies didn't benefit her at all. They only put off the inevitable. And it seems that those lies are going to get her convicted. I still think she told those lies to put off dealing with the horrible situation. She used sex and drinking and partying to try to make herself not think about reality, IMO. A lie which would have benefited her would not have gotten her in this mess. A cold, calculating sociopath or psychopath would have come up with a far better way to deal with the situation than she did. Her method reminds me of a very immature teenage girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2011, 07:17 PM
 
25,880 posts, read 39,155,409 times
Reputation: 13870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
No, those lies didn't benefit her at all. They only put off the inevitable. And it seems that those lies are going to get her convicted. I still think she told those lies to put off dealing with the horrible situation. She used sex and drinking and partying to try to make herself not think about reality, IMO. A lie which would have benefited her would not have gotten her in this mess. A cold, calculating sociopath or psychopath would have come up with a far better way to deal with the situation than she did. Her method reminds me of a very immature teenage girl.
Even if she tried to get her daughter to sleep by using chloroform and not wanting to kill her daughter but making sure that she couldn't scream if she woke by putting duct tape on her mouth....then it still is premeditated murder since she put more then one piece of tape on her mouth and by covering it up...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2011, 07:19 PM
 
288 posts, read 133,713 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Wow! That information about the search for Caylee is crazy!

Powerful stuff. I think Cindy was really into denial about Casey. The creepy thing, Baez already knew Caylee was dead, and was telling Casey to say nothing. Interesting. And creepy, he KNEW she was a killer. I understand our judicial system, and innocent until proven guilty, but there is something wrong about that. Casey must not have a soul. Baez must not have one either.
No, you're wrong. Jose Baez would have been required to divulge that information to the Court if he KNEW that Casey really intentionally killed Caylee. I'm sure he would not have risked being disbarred for life as well as being criminally charged if he kept a secret like that!!

Also, EVERY defense attorney will tell their client NOT to talk to anyone outside the legal team about the case because they don't want their clients revealing every detail of the case to the whole world. I'd think it would be serious malpractice if a defense attorney did not advise their clients not to talk to people outside the legal team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2011, 07:24 PM
 
3,752 posts, read 7,485,319 times
Reputation: 3711
Casey is not innocent - regardless of what the jury decides. How do I know? Common sense. Different people grieve in different ways, but I cannot think of another example as abhorrent as Casey's behavior after the "disappearance" of her child. The lies, the confidence in those lies, the impatience with the concern for Caylee, the indifference to any attempts to find her. Hell - they should have her pay for the wasted time and resources for the "search for Caylee." And that's why we are mesmerized - I for one have been waiting 3 years for the explanation - I got it Baez' opening statement. Regardless of how you put it together, the defense theory does not make sense. Today I thought "Lee is one lucky SOB he was not living in that house or she would have tried to pin it on him." Casey Anthony is one scary person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2011, 07:25 PM
 
25,880 posts, read 39,155,409 times
Reputation: 13870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
No, you're wrong. Jose Baez would have been required to divulge that information to the Court if he KNEW that Casey really intentionally killed Caylee. I'm sure he would not have risked being disbarred for life as well as being criminally charged if he kept a secret like that!!

Also, EVERY defense attorney will tell their client NOT to talk to anyone outside the legal team about the case because they don't want their clients revealing every detail of the case to the whole world. I'd think it would be serious malpractice if a defense attorney did not advise their clients not to talk to people outside the legal team.
Don't you think it is stupid to defend her on drowning and sex abuse with not having proof while the defense had no burden of proof...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2011, 07:26 PM
 
288 posts, read 133,713 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Even if she tried to get her daughter to sleep by using chloroform and not wanting to kill her daughter but making sure that she couldn't scream if she woke by putting duct tape on her mouth....then it still is premeditated murder since she put more then one piece of tape on her mouth and by covering it up...
No. To be premeditated murder the person has to INTEND to kill someone and follow through with killing that person. If her intent was to just put her to sleep and keep her quiet, that's still not premeditated murder.

I don't believe the duct tape was put on her mouth to keep her quiet if she woke up. A child that age could work her way out of duck tape!! I think it was put on after she died to keep the fluids from leaking out. That makes much more sense to me. Plus, don't you think there would be marks left on Caylee if someone regularly drugged her and put duct tape on her to keep her quiet if she woke up?? You know, the next day after Casey got home and "untaped" her, you don't think that doing something like that to her would have left marks where she would have struggled to get out? If that had been Casey's practice with her daughter, the little girl would have exhibited signs of trauma. I think the tape was put on her AFTER she was dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2011, 07:29 PM
 
Location: in my mind
4,755 posts, read 6,530,640 times
Reputation: 9496
Apparently Texas Equusearch spent $112,000 on that search for Caylee.

They had also done searches for over 900 missing children prior to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2011, 07:31 PM
 
25,880 posts, read 39,155,409 times
Reputation: 13870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
No. To be premeditated murder the person has to INTEND to kill someone and follow through with killing that person. If her intent was to just put her to sleep and keep her quiet, that's still not premeditated murder.

I don't believe the duct tape was put on her mouth to keep her quiet if she woke up. A child that age could work her way out of duck tape!! I think it was put on after she died to keep the fluids from leaking out. That makes much more sense to me. Plus, don't you think there would be marks left on Caylee if someone regularly drugged her and put duct tape on her to keep her quiet if she woke up?? You know, the next day after Casey got home and "untaped" her, you don't think that doing something like that to her would have left marks where she would have struggled to get out? If that had been Casey's practice with her daughter, the little girl would have exhibited signs of trauma. I think the tape was put on her AFTER she was dead.
Premeditated can happen within seconds even the judge referred to that....after 1 piece of duct tape it can become premeditation....
In FL if you have a burglar coming into your house and you shoot him from the back that is murder...from the front is self defense but if you shoot him after he is laying on the floor, it is murder...
Many different scenario's can happen within seconds that will cause a different outcome/sentence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top