U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 07:35 PM

288 posts, read 133,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Don't you think it is stupid to defend her on drowning and sex abuse with not having proof while the defense had no burden of proof...
No, I don't think it was stupid. I'm not convinced that the little girl didn't drown in the pool. There were lots of circumstances which indicated that was certainly possible. She loved to swim in the pool. She could walk. The ladder was left on the pool. She could have managed to get out there by herself and go in the pool and drown. That happens to kids all the time in Florida.

As for proof.........you know, each side puts on witnesses, and those witnesses tell what they know, and they usually contradict each other, and it is then for the jury to decide which witnesses were more credible. In the end, the jury will decide what was proven by determining which witnesses they believed and deciding whether or not they have a reasonable doubt about the state's story.

Remember, the Florida Bar requires attorneys in this state to zealously represent their clients!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 07:36 PM

2 posts, read 2,108 times
I vote Guilty

Old 07-04-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Premeditated can happen within seconds even the judge referred to that....after 1 piece of duct tape it can become premeditation....
In FL if you have a burglar coming into your house and you shoot him from the back that is murder...from the front is self defense but if you shoot him after he is laying on the floor, it is murder...
Many different scenario's can happen within seconds that will cause a different outcome/sentence.
I guess you have to believe the duct tape was put on Caylee's mouth PRIOR to death. I don't. I think it was put there AFTER DEATH. The bottom line is there is NO DIRECT EVIDENCE that the duct tape was put on the mouth prior to death. No evidence of suffocation. No DNA. No cell material. No evidence. It is only a theory of the state that the duct tape was put on her PRIOR to death because they claim that Casey Anthony intentionally killed her daughter so she could party. Yes, I understand that "premeditation" can take place within seconds to minutes before a person kills someone. But it's pretty hard to prove what was in someone's mind seconds or minutes before a murder.

Wow! You mean in Florida you can't shoot someone in your yard if you think they're going to break in, like in Texas?

Old 07-04-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amakababy25 View Post
I vote Guilty
is that name anything like Babymaker? Sorry for going off topic.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:48 PM

15,164 posts, read 13,432,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
No, you're wrong. Jose Baez would have been required to divulge that information to the Court if he KNEW that Casey really intentionally killed Caylee. I'm sure he would not have risked being disbarred for life as well as being criminally charged if he kept a secret like that!!

Also, EVERY defense attorney will tell their client NOT to talk to anyone outside the legal team about the case because they don't want their clients revealing every detail of the case to the whole world. I'd think it would be serious malpractice if a defense attorney did not advise their clients not to talk to people outside the legal team.
I always thought attorneys were not allowed to divulge anything their clients told them? Attorney-client privilege.

{except maybe to prevent another murder}

Old 07-04-2011, 07:53 PM

4,756 posts, read 6,534,044 times
This is from another forum, but its an interesting read- transcript of Lee's phone call with Casey when she first went into jail. Interesting to read her responses if we are going with the defense theory that Cayley drowned in a swimming pool.

It shows the level of detail in her lying - lying which even the defense acknowledged.

Lee and Casey Jail Call Transcript [Archive] - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Old 07-04-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I always thought attorneys were not allowed to divulge anything their clients told them? Attorney-client privilege.

{except maybe to prevent another murder}
They can't defraud the court. If they put on a defense they know is false, where they know that the client is absolutely guilty, they're in trouble. (This is why defense attorneys RARELY EVER ask their clients if they are guilty and clients don't burst out saying "I did it"). It's my understanding that attorneys can be criminally charged for that, and, of course, lose their bar card! In a case like this one, I can't imagine an attorney ever entering into a false defense with a client like Casey Anthony. After these trials are over, often the former clients get angry with their defense attorneys and will do anything to cause them problems. A defense attorney would be horrifically stupid to jeopardize his entire career by knowlingly putting on a false defense.

Additionally, at the post conviction appellate level the major claim is ineffective assistance of counsel, so his representation of the client is investigated very carefully. The former client has many opportunities to "get even" with their attorney if they are convicted.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:06 PM

Here is some more good reading for those interested- transcripts of Casey's IM sessions with two friends - you have to scroll down a bit because they aren't posted in sequence, but here is a very interesting excerpt from one dated on Sunday, July 13th- this would have been supposedly after Caley had been missing for almost a month and suspected to be taken by her nanny, according to the story Casey told her parents.

KC= Casey Anthony

SUNDAY 13TH JULY

ID So what do you do when you work? with the kid that is
KC: I have a nanny. i love her
ID Nice. how much do they charge?
KC: We've been friends for over 6 years. definitely someone i trust.

So even though she tells her parents that she thinks the nanny took Caley, here Casey is telling one of her friends how much she loves and trusts her.

Here is the link to the full transcripts - they really give you more insight into Casey's state of mind during the time that either A) Caley had been supposedly taken by the Nanny, or B) Caley had supposedly drowned in the family pool
Casey's IM's with Iassen & Tony R (in entirety) [Archive] - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

So in the quote above, Casey says she has been friends with her nanny for "over 6 years."

Here is a link to Casey's statement to the police on 7-16-08 -

http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_anthony_transcript_CaseyStatement071608.htm

In this interview, she states she has known her nanny since 2004 - which would only be 4 years not "over 6" as she told her friend just 3 days prior.

Last edited by KittenSparkles; 07-04-2011 at 08:28 PM..

Old 07-04-2011, 08:33 PM

Ok, here is some more.

In this interview with Police with Lee Anthony on 7-15-2008, he states "She [Casey] says she's been staying with Anthony Lazzarro....Anthony Lazzarro said when I called his cel phone this evening that Casey has been telling him that she sees Caley on a regular basis."

caylee_anthony_transcript_LeeStatement071508.htm

Old 07-04-2011, 09:11 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,722,131 times
Wow! Huh... Casey is really in her own reality. Anyone who tells lies that elaborate is definitely no mentally stable. That is crazy, after all, cops will investigate and find out the truth. Lying to police equals bad news. She would have actually been better off to say absolutely nothing, after all, the child was gone, no evidence. Her lies are really what nailed her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or