U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 07:00 PM

6,589 posts, read 6,832,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
My take on what Casey did was to use cholorform to put her to sleep,placed her in trunk to party and baby suffocated and after carrying her in trunk for several days had to do something with body and dumped her in woods.
No one would place a sleeping/live child in the trunk of a car in Mid-June in Florida and expect to come back the next morning to a live child!! If it happend that way it's even worse then just straight out chloroforming her...you don't even leave a dog in a car Mid-June in Florida!!That would be beyond evil to inflict that type of suffering!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 07:05 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,746,980 times
I agree with that, so it was an "accident", but the act of making chloraform, giving it to a child, even if it was not meant to kill, is still a premeditated act. She did not seek medical treatment for the child after the overdose. Who knows, maybe the breathing was shallowdue to the drug effects, Casey freaked, assumed she was dead.

But the issue of the duct tape...that makes me think she put it over the child's mouth, that is murder. No other way to explain that.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:33 PM

15,168 posts, read 13,447,206 times
She may have placed the duct tape over the nose and mouth after death, to stop decomposition fluids from leaking out all over the trunk of the car.

I would not give her the death penalty.

There is enough doubt as to whether she killed her accidently or on purpose.

I would give her LWOP.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:47 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,746,980 times
Hmm, everyone should give their Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, with their opinion. I am an "ESTJ", Casey better hope for more "ENFP" people on the jury!

Old 07-01-2011, 08:48 PM

9,916 posts, read 9,311,269 times
I think with today's rebuttal testimonies the death penalty is back on the table front and center. The rebuttal witnesses all provided excellent info the jury could understand. Most of the evidence and witnesses Baez presented was somewhat confusing. Which may have been his purpose.

I don't think she will get the death penalty. I look for LWOP. In the early years she will be in solitary but she will eventually be moved to the general population.

Susan Smith that murdered her two sons in South Carolina was in solitary and eventually moved to general population. Then she had sex with two guards and picked up an STD. She was transferred to another prison in SC after that. Smith will be eligible when she is 52 years old. This makes me sick!

Casey Anthony in prison will learn to play the system and will continue manipulating her parents and brother.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:06 PM

236 posts, read 750,702 times
I'm surprised more posters don't predict she will get the death penalty.

I think she'll wind up with the death penalty. I really didn't see much going on at the trial that would mitigate against it, IMO. Difficult to predict what the jury will be thinking, though. It's more female jurors than male, correct? Does that mean that they will lean more in favour of LWOP? (According to the conventional wisdom, at least?)...

(Edited to add
Just out of curiosity, I looked up the death penalty sentence requirements for Florida. (Scroll down to (5) at the link: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/.../0921.141.html)

The "aggravating circumstances" that the jury could consider based on the legislation could be:
(h) The capital felony was especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel.
(i) The capital felony was a homicide and was committed in a cold, calculated, and premeditated manner without any pretense of moral or legal justification.
(l) The victim of the capital felony was a person less than 12 years of age.
(m) The victim of the capital felony was particularly vulnerable due to advanced age or disability, or because the defendant stood in a position of familial or custodial authority over the victim.

The "mitigating factors" listed in the legislation don't apply. So, I think the jury would seriously weight the death penalty in this case for sure. We will see.

Last edited by That Ottawa One; 07-01-2011 at 09:18 PM..

Old 07-01-2011, 09:27 PM

4,060 posts, read 9,123,999 times
I can not see her getting the death penalty, there is no cause of death or date of death or proven motive, despite all the circumstantial evidence. i think it was a grossly negligent accident gone wrong and she panicked. I also do believe she is a sociopath. it will be interesting to see what the jury comes up with.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:40 PM

43,858 posts, read 44,629,006 times
As I posted earlier, my personal opinion is that enough hard physical evidence was available to give Casey the death penalty. She deserves it, but I can't see her getting it.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:43 PM

43,858 posts, read 44,629,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
No one would place a sleeping/live child in the trunk of a car in Mid-June in Florida and expect to come back the next morning to a live child!! If it happend that way it's even worse then just straight out chloroforming her...you don't even leave a dog in a car Mid-June in Florida!!That would be beyond evil to inflict that type of suffering!
EXACTLY! I live here and there are many days when you can't even touch your steering wheel until the AC has blown on it a bit. It's like a terrarium.

I do think there is a good chance the child suffocated or over dosed and it wasn't all premeditated.... it was the whole partying afterwards that made me nauseated.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:16 PM

6,589 posts, read 6,832,131 times
Much has been made of that video of Casey playing on the floor with Caylee as "proof" of how much she loved Caylee...however today some TV shrink said that the video only prooved that Casey loved Caylee like many love a pet.Yes you hug and kiss your pets and play on the floor but does that show depth of feeling...not really!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or