U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-05-2011, 05:44 AM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,694,472 times
Reputation: 26111

Advertisements

A savvy defense attorney asks no questions, and the focus is on telling the client not to discuss the case with anyone, or anything related to the case. Then, the defense attorney asks the client to write out what happened, telling the client that they don't have to be afraid of telling the "truth" about the drowning accident.

Clever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-05-2011, 07:39 AM
 
12,258 posts, read 18,390,529 times
Reputation: 19082
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
A savvy defense attorney asks no questions, and the focus is on telling the client not to discuss the case with anyone, or anything related to the case. Then, the defense attorney asks the client to write out what happened, telling the client that they don't have to be afraid of telling the "truth" about the drowning accident.

Clever.
Of course. What a wonderful world it would be if every defense lawyer that knew, deep inside or in actuality, that their client were guilty, would be required to divuldge it to the court.

The truth is that they cleverly never ask directly, and they carefully suggest and formulate a defense strategy with their client...i.e. the drowning and abuse claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2011, 08:07 AM
 
Location: Midwest
31,359 posts, read 19,602,296 times
Reputation: 7856
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghotti View Post
I just have one question? Why has no one really look at the fact of her boyfriend. Think about it. He was the last one with both of them. It was a reason she wanted to talk to him so bad. Everything dance around him but no one really look at him as subspect. Big question?
He was looked at, investigated, took a lie detector, and was found to be not involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2011, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Midwest
31,359 posts, read 19,602,296 times
Reputation: 7856
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2ShiningC View Post

****

This case is so confusing, I've gone back and forth on accident versus premeditated, but the thing that sells me on premeditated is the fact that Amy Huizenga actually filed a change of address to the Anthony's home address based on Casey's claim that her parents were getting divorced and leaving the house to Casey, so Amy could move in. That fact also makes me wonder if the computer searches were also for possibly murdering her parents. That, along with her behavior after Caylee was dead, especially the tattoo, just says to me that she planned it.

Unfortunately, I have a lot of reasonable doubt that Caylee died by suffocation from the duct tape. I simply think that there is no way to know how she died. I too think that the duct tape could have been applied to keep the decomposition fluids from leaking out, but, uh, not to be gross, but that would mean that there should be additional tape on other parts of the body if that were the reason. Cindy Anthony testified that Caylee was pretty much potty-trained.

And can somebody explain to me what relevance searching for "shovel" might have? I've never understood why that is relevant. What information about shovels would you need to research?

I am so glad I'm not on this jury. There is so much conflicting information in this case, I don't think I could ever make a decision.

Oh, and I think she will be found guilty, and get life, because I don't think a jury would be comfortable choosing death without really knowing how Caylee died.

Interesting. I had not heard this testimony from Amy. Scary even.

I think the shed was locked(to protect from further theft of gas) so Casey had to borrow a shovel from the neighbor at the last minute (as if Casey would really be digging up bamboo shoots ). I think Casey's plan might have been to bury Caylee under the play house and she placed the bagged body next to it. However, Casey found it too difficult to dig inside there and underestimated the stone foundation under the play house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2011, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Midwest
31,359 posts, read 19,602,296 times
Reputation: 7856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
What is your point? What in your link pertains to Casey and her attorneys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2011, 09:00 AM
 
32,532 posts, read 30,636,834 times
Reputation: 32347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
I guess you have to believe the duct tape was put on Caylee's mouth PRIOR to death. I don't. I think it was put there AFTER DEATH. The bottom line is there is NO DIRECT EVIDENCE that the duct tape was put on the mouth prior to death.
I don't buy the theory that the tape was put on her mouth post-mortem because of fluids leaking out. Fluids would be leaking out of ALL of the body orifices. Nose, mouth, and eyes, ears and pelvic area. Why would Casey put tape on the mouth and nose only when fluids were also leaking out everywhere else? (And in that heat the skin would break down quickly anyway.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2011, 09:05 AM
 
Location: Midwest
31,359 posts, read 19,602,296 times
Reputation: 7856
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I don't buy the theory that the tape was put on her mouth post-mortem because of fluids leaking out. Fluids would be leaking out of ALL of the body orifices. Nose, mouth, and eyes, ears and pelvic area. Why would Casey put tape on the mouth and nose only when fluids were also leaking out everywhere else? (And in that heat the skin would break down quickly anyway.)

Good point. In fact, the mouth area would be too wet for tape to adhere at that point. In order for the tape to adhere, it had to be applied to dry skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2011, 09:11 AM
 
Location: Orlando
8,233 posts, read 11,267,866 times
Reputation: 4064
I was of the mindset she was guilty until I saw how little evidence they have... basically none.

While emotionally I think she had a lot to do with the girls death. I don't see anything that should stick unless it is done purely as an emotional vote.

I will be surprised if they can even get a conviction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2011, 09:14 AM
 
25,876 posts, read 39,129,864 times
Reputation: 13868
The jurors are dressed very nicely as decribed on tv...my guess is that they want to be camera ready when the verdict is out!...what is your opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2011, 09:23 AM
 
1 posts, read 714 times
Reputation: 10
Why do u believe she is guilty? I believe the State did a horrible jobs with the physical evidence. The defense had a what if about all the evidence. She may or may not be guilty so how will we know without confession. Truth be told, know one knows how Kaylee really died. The only thing that can be proved is that the Anthony family sucks. They are all responsible and should all fry. The little girl is dead and they are playing games with the lies and scandals. One question not answered is how did Kaylee die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top