Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 08:16 AM

43,854 posts, read 50,923,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
So far, no one has said "not guilty". She is going down.
In addition, she still has other criminal charges (grand theft & felonies) to respond to. I don't know if this will be in a separate trial or if they let these things go.
Then there is that civil suit from a woman here actually named Zenaida Gonzales who's life was almost ruined due to Casey's use of her name. (She doesn't know the family in any way.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 08:18 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,565,189 times
The State proved an overwhelming case! Slam-dunk! Death penalty.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:25 AM

18,837 posts, read 37,227,760 times
Interesting. Yes, everyone knows that name. And yet she was never called at the trial. I thought she would have been by the prosecution.

Becuase if the jury knew nothing about this case, they would not have seen how this poor woman's life was turned upside down.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:50 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,141,672 times
No one has proven to me that Casey killed her child. So if I were on the jury, I could not vote to convict of her of murder. I am convinced that Casey is mentally ill - and her family life has been totally dysfunctional - with parents who have enabled her bizarre behaviors. I am also convinced that Casey is a pathological liar and may have been in a psychotic state at the time Caylee died - or propelled into a full blown psychotic episode when Caylee died (especially if she really did drown on Casey's watch).

I feel Casey is responsible for her child's death - by not protecting her and watching after her as a mother should. But I don't feel it was premeditated and I don't think she purposely killed her daughter.

So whatever sentence would fit that level of responsibility - that is what I think she should be convicted of.

The one thing that makes absolutely no sense to me is . . . why Casey would dump Caylee's body at a location so near her family's home. It doesn't fit with Casey's personality at all. She is so cagey with the lies and planning . . . looks like she would have dumped the body in a gator filled swamp. That detail has never made sense to me at all. Just too too weird, but then . . . seriously mentally ill people do things that appear totally implausible.

Last edited by brokensky; 07-02-2011 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-02-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
In addition, she still has other criminal charges (grand theft & felonies) to respond to. I don't know if this will be in a separate trial or if they let these things go.
Then there is that civil suit from a woman here actually named Zenaida Gonzales who's life was almost ruined due to Casey's use of her name. (She doesn't know the family in any way.)
Can you give more info about these charges? I didnt realize she had grand theft and felony charges pending, too. ???

I had heard about a civil case re: Zenaida Gonzales but for some reason, thought that was over with - a done deal. I have never researched it, tho. I can only imagine how upsetting this had to be to the "real" Zenaida Gonzales.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:14 AM

18,837 posts, read 37,227,760 times
Does it have to be a unamious consensus? If one person says not guilty, can Casey get off?

Old 07-02-2011, 09:16 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,641,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
No one would place a sleeping/live child in the trunk of a car in Mid-June in Florida and expect to come back the next morning to a live child!! If it happend that way it's even worse then just straight out chloroforming her...you don't even leave a dog in a car Mid-June in Florida!!That would be beyond evil to inflict that type of suffering!
Exactly!
On the other hand, if it was an accident? She would have shown some signs of grief.
Caylee was seen alive around noon on the 16th.
Casey was seen at blockbuster without her around 7pm I believe.
Stayed in bed with her boyfriend that night, entire next day and night.
Backed into the garage on the 18th.
Until the 911 call she was happy.
Now how can anyone be happy after an accident?
Also if I am correct she drove around for a long time on the 16th, I think she had her in the trunk murdering her at that time.
Reason?
Cindy wouldn't babysit anymore and wouldn't take her calls.
She did it because she wanted to spend this time with Tony because he was leaving to go to New York.
Chloroforming her would be kind but I'm not sure she showed her this kindness. I think she may have just taped her mouth so nobody would hear and just drove around in the trunk which was the murder weapon.
There is no way she could have just blocked the death out of her mind because the body was in her trunk.
I use to think it was an accident.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:21 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,641,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
No one has proven to me that Casey killed her child. So if I were on the jury, I could not vote to convict of her of murder. I am convinced that Casey is mentally ill - and her family life has been totally dysfunctional - with parents who have enabled her bizarre behaviors. I am also convinced that Casey is a pathological liar and may have been in a psychotic state at the time Caylee died - or propelled into a full blown psychotic episode when Caylee died (especially if she really did drown on Casey's watch).

I feel Casey is responsible for her child's death - by not protecting her and watching after her as a mother should. But I don't feel it was premeditated and I don't think she purposely killed her daughter.

So whatever sentence would fit that level of responsibility - that is what I think she should be convicted of.

The one thing that makes absolutely no sense to me is . . . why Casey would dump Caylee's body at a location so near her family's home. It doesn't fit with Casey's personality at all. She is so cagey with the lies and planning . . . looks like she would have dumped the body in a gator filled swamp. That detail has never made sense to me at all. Just too too weird, but then . . . seriously mentally ill people do things that appear totally implausible.
Casey would NEVER go into a gator filled swamp!

Old 07-02-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Casey would NEVER go into a gator filled swamp!
WHy is that? I thought at one point LE had traced her cell phone pings to a road that went directly through a swampy area (wh/ is not uncommon in Florida).

Old 07-02-2011, 10:38 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,816,901 times
Quote:
...I forgot this completely GloryB -- wow, and she should sue actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime