U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 10:19 AM

32,532 posts, read 30,646,320 times

Advertisements

I'm going with pe-meditated. 1) The computer searches 2) The partying after Caylee's death. If it was an accident there would be a period of shock. Instead she party-hardys.

And I think she dropped the body into the swampy woods because the stench was overwhelming. She drove out of her house, was gagging because of the stench and put the body the first place she saw. I think she tried to bury her daughter in the backyard but couldn't break throught the bamboo roots. (Which I've dealt with. They're tremendously hard to dig through.)

Death penalty I'm still undecided about. Though with reading what I just wrote I'm inclined to say yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 10:19 AM

1,730 posts, read 4,439,097 times
In my lifetime, I have always equated chloroform with death. What type of mother would use chloroform on her precious child to put him/her to sleep? Only a PSYCHOPATH..........

Old 07-02-2011, 10:57 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,300,737 times
Zenaida Gonzalez's civil lawsuit against Casey Anthony was pushed back to late August 2011. Ms Gonzalez is suing Casey Anthony for defamation.

When Casey Anthony gave the nanny's name to LEO as Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez LEO did a computer search. LEO received 13 hits with that name with one in Florida. This lady's life turned into pure hell when it hit the media. She had to change her phone number, she couldn't go outside of her home, she was spit on, called terrible names, people gathered outside her home. She didn't live in Sawgrass Apartments.

This lady had no idea what was happening or why. She did not know Casey Anthony nor baby Caylee. She didn't know any member of the Anthony family.

I am sure the Orlando detectives checked out all 13 Zenaidas. Then zeroed in on the Zenaida in Florida. The detectives at this time was searching for a missing child only. No charges against Casey Anthony then.

I don't know how lawsuits work when the party has been declared indigent.

March 19, 2010 Indigency Document: http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2010/0319/22891408.pdf (broken link)

In addition to the Gonzalez lawsuit the IRS has filed a federal tax lien against Casey Anthony for back taxes in the amount of $68,000.00. She sold videos of baby Caylee to ABC News for $200,000 and failed to give Uncle Sam his piece of the pie.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:17 AM

15,371 posts, read 34,650,336 times
Where is Judge Roy Bean when you need him....he would have found her guilty and then shot her on the spot....all appeals solved....

Old 07-02-2011, 11:31 AM

43,858 posts, read 44,596,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Where is Judge Roy Bean when you need him....he would have found her guilty and then shot her on the spot....all appeals solved....
The cost of $20 million that is stated for the procedure of carrying out the death penalty just seems preposterous to me. Florida has had to hold back due to not being able to support the cost of executing all the people on their death row. Doesn't that just sound ABSURD?

I don't think the death penalty should be used except in extreme heinous crimes.....but IF she did what it seems she did....then it would qualify. Unfortunately, the evidence proves little more than she is a psycho liar and has no heart.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:56 AM

6,772 posts, read 11,893,675 times
The prosecution isn't who convinced me she's guilty. The defense did.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:58 AM

12,275 posts, read 18,401,528 times
Is this the official final verdict prediction post? Getting confused on all the threads going on.

If so, this is my prediction:

GUILTY - 2nd degree murder
GUILTY - Aggravated Child Abuse
GUILTY - Lying to law enforcement
INNOCCENT - 1st degree murder

REASONS: I do not think "premeditated" has been proven although I think she is capable of it. Also, when presented with several lessor options, a jury tends to compromise, particularly if their are dessenters. Beyond a reasonable doubt she was involved in the death and I think must jurers will think she accidently caused the childs death, which will also result in the child abuse conviction. However - don't dismiss how dislikable Casey has proven to be - the jury may convict her of first degree on that alone. The chance is there.

SENTENCE: THe judge will give her the maximum (each charge, 2nd degree and child abuse, has 30 year sentences) because of the circumstances. He plays hardball and follows the law. She will never see freedom while she is still of child bearing age. 30 years in prison minimum.

POSSIBLE ALTERNATIVE OUTCOME: I said in the paragraph above that it's possible that she will be found guilty of 1st (I estimate about a 20% chance). If that happens - the jury will recommend the death sentence (because she is so dislikable), and the judge will sentence her to death (because of the legal extenuating circumstances).

Old 07-02-2011, 12:05 PM

43,858 posts, read 44,596,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Is this the official final verdict prediction post? Getting confused on all the threads going on.

If so, this is my prediction:

GUILTY - 2nd degree murder
GUILTY - Aggravated Child Abuse
GUILTY - Lying to law enforcement
INNOCCENT - 1st degree murder

REASONS: I do not think "premeditated" has been proven although I think she is capable of it. Also, when presented with several lessor options, a jury tends to compromise, particularly if their are dessenters. Beyond a reasonable doubt she was involved in the death and I think must jurers will think she accidently caused the childs death, which will also result in the child abuse conviction. However - don't dismiss how dislikable Casey has proven to be - the jury may convict her of first degree on that alone. The chance is there.

SENTENCE: THe judge will give her the maximum (each charge, 2nd degree and child abuse, has 30 year sentences) because of the circumstances. He plays hardball and follows the law. She will never see freedom while she is still of child bearing age. 30 years in prison minimum.

POSSIBLE ALTERNATIVE OUTCOME: I said in the paragraph above that it's possible that she will be found guilty of 1st (I estimate about a 20% chance). If that happens - the jury will recommend the death sentence (because she is so dislikable), and the judge will sentence her to death (because of the legal extenuating circumstances).
I think you are right on the money on this one! If you add the additional years she will get for the original reasons she was arrested, then it may add another strong 10 years to it.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Unfortunately, the evidence proves little more than she is a psycho liar and has no heart.
When bounty hunter Padilla bailed Casey Anthony out of jail in 2008 he placed a bodyguard with her. Tracy McLaughlin, Casey's bodyguard said "Casey was a nice girl but she was 'unfeeling' and didn't think like normal people. Casey had a fascination with the media." McLaughlin said the whole family was nice.

McLaughlin spent nine days with Casey Anthony. During this time period the case was still in the 'missing child' phase. Casey was only considered a "person of interest" at that time.

Nine days later Casey was arrested again for stealing money from her friend.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
The prosecution isn't who convinced me she's guilty. The defense did.
If my life was on the line I wouldn't want Jose Baez anywhere near me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or