U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 12:35 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,708,488 times

Advertisements

I have been more impressed with Cheney, Baez lost me with talking about penis breath, and ZIP evidence. If you have no evidence to prove it, don't say it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 01:25 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,301,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Is this the official final verdict prediction post? Getting confused on all the threads going on.

If so, this is my prediction:

GUILTY - 2nd degree murder
GUILTY - Aggravated Child Abuse
GUILTY - Lying to law enforcement
INNOCCENT - 1st degree murder

REASONS: I do not think "premeditated" has been proven although I think she is capable of it.

POSSIBLE ALTERNATIVE OUTCOME: I said in the paragraph above that it's possible that she will be found guilty of 1st (I estimate about a 20% chance). If that happens - the jury will recommend the death sentence (because she is so dislikable), and the judge will sentence her to death (because of the legal extenuating circumstances).

I agree with your post. I don't think it was premeditated. I think Casey wanted to go out with her friends. She couldn't find a babysitter. All of us that have children and lived through the 'terrible twos' knows a child that age can be very active. So Casey wants to make sure Caylee is sound asleep for the night.

Maybe Casey got the idea of a little bit of chloroform from her ex-boyfriend Ricardo Morales. He had a "joke" as he called it on his My Space page (which I didn't find funny, just sick.)

After the closing arguments and Judge Perry gives instructions to the jury. The jury will first decide on the guilt phase on each charge. They have to reach a unanimous verdict.

If they unanimously agree upon First Degree Murder under Florida Law the jury then enters the penalty phase. This is where each side attempts to persuade the jury to vote for or against the death penalty. It's not like the guilt phase of the trial the vote on the death penalty does not have to be unanimous. Each juror casts a single vote.*

*This is what a Federal Judge in Florida ruled on June 22, 2011 was unconstitutional (nothing to do with the Casey Anthony case.)

The "Lying to Law Enforcement" only brings a one year sentence for each charge.

No one knows what this jury may decide. I am sure their minds wandered through some of the forensic evidence Baez presented. Baez had to go to the highways and byways to find 'the grief lady", "the plant lady" and "the bug man."

Old 07-02-2011, 01:32 PM

31 posts, read 27,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I think the jury has no other option but to find her guilty,I don't think any jurror could with a straight face try to hang the case! Baez gave them nothing as far as reasonable doubt!

He didn't have to. I think you're confused. State has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. They haven't done that.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:45 PM

A reasonable doubt, there is no way I believe George had anything to do with Caylee's death. If we reject that theory, then there is PLENTY of evidence proving Casey killed her child.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:51 PM

And for the record, I would not even go out with trash who felt that "Win Her Over With Chloraform" is funny. I find that so personally offensive, it really makes me wonder about the type of person Casey was dating. Sick, and wrong.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:12 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,301,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I have been more impressed with Cheney, Baez lost me with talking about penis breath, and ZIP evidence. If you have no evidence to prove it, don't say it.
Cheney Mason has years of experience in addition he has handled death penalty cases. Ann Finnell also has years of experience and a death penalty attorney. She was there during jury selection and showed up one day during the trial. Finnell will return if it reaches the Penalty Phase. Dorothy Sims was useless.

It seems to me like these two attorneys could have taken Baez under their wings and guided him along. He would hem and haw around, finish with a witness start to walk away and oh I have one more question. He never had any deposition page marked and had to flip through pages and he whinned "Judge this is not right!" Baez had more sidebars and more 'send the jury out of the courtroom' times than I have ever seen in a trial.

Perhaps this is the reason so many of the high profile attorneys walked away after spending time with Baez as he is the lead attorney with no experience whatsoever.

Quote:
And for the record, I would not even go out with trash who felt that "Win Her Over With Chloraform" is funny. I find that so personally offensive, it really makes me wonder about the type of person Casey was dating. Sick, and wrong.
Ricardo Morales was Casey's boyfriend from February to May 2008. This is the guy that had a one bedroom apartment and friends sleeping on his couch and floor. Casey and Caylee had to sleep in the bed with Ricardo according to his testimony.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:54 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,651,383 times
Quote:
I agree 100%. It's just scummy. I also agree that I'd NEVER have Baez representing me.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:11 PM

25,880 posts, read 39,149,162 times
Premeditation has been proved when the searches where proved not be done by Cindy. Casey had a myspace account that was accessed in between the chloroform and neckbreaking searches...and then the kid is found dead....what more premeditation needs to be proved.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:39 PM

I agree, ^^^ but there may be some of those people who feel like it is not a reasonable doubt... I think it is totally pre meditated.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:02 PM

5,822 posts, read 13,313,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
My take on what Casey did was to use cholorform to put her to sleep,placed her in trunk to party and baby suffocated and after carrying her in trunk for several days had to do something with body and dumped her in woods.
I think you are correct as I feel the same way. My other question is why was she researching "neck breaking" on the computer along with cholorform. Did she put her to sleep and then consider breaking her neck?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or