U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-02-2011, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Ohio
15,159 posts, read 13,420,911 times
Reputation: 20593

Advertisements

There is still doubt about what those computer searches really meant. Was she planning on killing Caylee or her parents?

I keep thinking of her telling her girlfriend that soon they would be moving into George and Cindy's house.

And then I think of the total hatred she showed for her parents whenever they were on the stand.....especially when they broke down and cried, the look of contempt and disgust on her face. She just really seems to hate her parents.

I think she could have been contemplating killing her parents. Chloroforming them and then breaking their necks, rupturing their spleens, etc., then claiming there was a home invasion.

I wouldn't put it past her. Then she would have had everything.....their house, their money and total freedom to do whatever she wanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-02-2011, 05:12 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,703,820 times
Reputation: 26114
Maybe Casey just hated her Mother's little dogs...that is justification for any searches for neck breaksing and Choloraform if you ask me.

(My Mother has little dogs!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2011, 05:25 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,587 posts, read 6,821,268 times
Reputation: 9851
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowEyes View Post
He didn't have to. I think you're confused. State has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. They haven't done that.
I'm not confused...Baez in his opening statement made a HUGE mistake of locking the defense into a story.All he had to do was say no cause of death and no physical evidence linking Casey to the death BUT no he had to present this dumb scenario with George Anthony being the fall guy!!!Stupid to the point of reverseable error on appeal due to ineffective counsel!! Reasonable doubt is not NO doubt...you have to live in an alternate universe if you don't think they at least proved (not-premeditated)murder!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2011, 05:30 PM
 
Location: Ohio
15,159 posts, read 13,420,911 times
Reputation: 20593
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Maybe Casey just hated her Mother's little dogs...that is justification for any searches for neck breaksing and Choloraform if you ask me.

(My Mother has little dogs!)
Well, the dogs weren't preventing her from living the lifestyle she wanted, like Caylee and her parents were.

Maybe their day was coming. First thing first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2011, 06:11 PM
 
9,912 posts, read 9,300,737 times
Reputation: 8048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Well, the dogs weren't preventing her from living the lifestyle she wanted, like Caylee and her parents were.

Maybe their day was coming. First thing first.
And ... over the years of watching how her mom or dad prepared the pets for burial gave Casey ideas how to bury something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2011, 06:13 PM
 
Location: Orlando, Florida
43,858 posts, read 44,596,346 times
Reputation: 58621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
There is still doubt about what those computer searches really meant. Was she planning on killing Caylee or her parents?

I keep thinking of her telling her girlfriend that soon they would be moving into George and Cindy's house.

And then I think of the total hatred she showed for her parents whenever they were on the stand.....especially when they broke down and cried, the look of contempt and disgust on her face. She just really seems to hate her parents.

I think she could have been contemplating killing her parents. Chloroforming them and then breaking their necks, rupturing their spleens, etc., then claiming there was a home invasion.

I wouldn't put it past her. Then she would have had everything.....their house, their money and total freedom to do whatever she wanted.
I sure wouldn't put it past her. She's a real Lizzy Borden......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2011, 06:17 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,587 posts, read 6,821,268 times
Reputation: 9851
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
And ... over the years of watching how her mom or dad prepared the pets for burial gave Casey ideas how to bury something.
Another dumb move by Baez that the state turned around right back to Casey!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2011, 06:39 PM
 
Location: Ohio
15,159 posts, read 13,420,911 times
Reputation: 20593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Another dumb move by Baez that the state turned around right back to Casey!
Yeah, I LOVED it when the prosecution asked Cindy if they put duct tape over their pet's faces when they buried them.

Also......when they asked Cindy if they ever used chloroform to euthanize their pets themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2011, 06:41 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,703,820 times
Reputation: 26114
That WAS handed to the prosecution on a PLATTER!!!

Stupid! It was like the defense ending was not even planned!

I have a feeling that Casey wanted to testify, that was the reason for the competency hearing on Saturday, and the reason for the strong opening statement by Baez. Casey was going to talk about being molested, how her Father frightened her into hiding the "pool accident", she thought it would just be her, and the "World According to Casey", later in the trial, when she saw her family being broken on the stand, she realized it was not going to be just her, telling her story. That is when the defense strategy had to change, mid trial.

We all know it would have been a bad idea, but maybe Baez thought she could pull off a "magic glove" moment.

The defense WAS so poor. Baez had a circumstantial case, with almost no hard evidence. He should have kept hammering that in. He wnet bad w/ throw George under the bus.

Defense should have ended with the forensic guy. Their line up was poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2011, 06:59 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,587 posts, read 6,821,268 times
Reputation: 9851
Yeah Werner "Shoddy" autopsy guy was the best moment for defense...I agree should have ended with him!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top