Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 02:58 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
............ OJ got away with it though and he's still alive.. Dont be shocked if it goes the other way.
Bet he wouldn't have if Perry had been the judge and the trial was in Florida.

The Simpson case was a bit of a zoo. My hat is off to Judge Perry for NOT letting that happen in this case.

Seriously though, you are right, it's hard to tell how a jury is going to vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 03:12 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
She didn't neglect her "when she wanted her"?
Well that just about sums up the definition of neglect!
Children need to be cared for when they need it, and in the case of very young children, that's pretty much all of the time! Not when it's convenient for the mother!
Children are not dolls and can not be put back on the shelf - or in the trunk of a car - when one is tired of playing with them.

I have never seen ANYONE remotely as evil and as pampered by her parents as Casey Anthony!
Her mother protected her FROM EVERYTHING! George wanted to intervene because he was troubled by some of the things that were going on, but is efforts were blocked by hover mother Cindy.

In order of Evil I rank Casey Anthony and Susan Smith as a tie.
The method of death chosen by Smith was slow, and horrific.
Everyone hates Diane Downes, but I think that she is a notch or two less evil than Smith and the Queen of Chloroform. The way Anthony treats her own family is abysmal, rude and dismissive.
Even Diane Downes smiled at her mom when she testified at her trial.
This one is off the charts evil.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:34 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,487,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
She didn't neglect her "when she wanted her"?
Well that just about sums up the definition of neglect!
Children need to be cared for when they need it, and in the case of very young children, that's pretty much all of the time! Not when it's convenient for the mother!
Children are not dolls and can not be put back on the shelf - or in the trunk of a car - when one is tired of playing with them.

I have never seen ANYONE remotely as evil and as pampered by her parents as Casey Anthony!
Her mother protected her FROM EVERYTHING! George wanted to intervene because he was troubled by some of the things that were going on, but is efforts were blocked by hover mother Cindy.

In order of Evil I rank Casey Anthony and Susan Smith as a tie.
The method of death chosen by Smith was slow, and horrific.
Everyone hates Diane Downes, but I think that she is a notch or two less evil than Smith and the Queen of Chloroform. The way Anthony treats her own family is abysmal, rude and dismissive.
Even Diane Downes smiled at her mom when she testified at her trial.
This one is off the charts evil.
I see what you're saying, but it's hard for me to put Susan Smith with Casey Anthony. I think Diane and Casey are a tie, with Susan a notch below them. Not far below, because like you said, the way those boys died was just horrible. I don't see how anyone human could stand there and watch that car slowly sink in the water with those babies trapped inside. But at least Susan Smith did eventually tell the truth about what she'd done, and showed some remorse for it. Casey will never tell what happened to Caylee, and Diane, even to this very day some 28 years later, continues to spin her elaborate lies. Neither one of them has even so much as flinched at the loss of their child.

Susan Smith seemed the most damaged to me. I know all of these women claimed sexual abuse, but Susan seemed to be the most screwed up because of it. Not that this is an excuse in any way shape or form, because I know millions of women who were abused as children grow up to be great moms.

Susan Smith did appear, on the surface at least, to be a good mom up until she put some random guy in front of her kids. Diane neglected her kids throughout their whole lives, shuttling them around to their dad and other family members, or leaving them to fend for themselves. With Susan, she seemed to loose her mind over this one guy. With Diane, it was ANY guy that gave her the time of day.

Casey Anthony just seems to be a spoiled, entitled brat. I think her main problem is just being overindulged and pampered, and growing up thinking the sun rises and sets on her rear. Logically, if she didn't want to be bothered with Caylee, she could have left her with her parents, who seemed to genuinely love her and not mind taking care of her. Casey's behavior is like a little kid that doesn't want to share her doll. She doesn't want to play with it herself, but it's HERS, so nobody else can touch it. She is repugnant, and to me even worse than Susan Smith.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:07 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
On second thought you might be right. Susan Smith chose the most horrific form of death. Her story of abuse by her stepfather does seem to be the one that is absolutely true.

With Downes, I don't think she wanted her children to suffer, she wanted them gone, so she when with a firearm but apparently wasn't very good at it.

Anthony could have easily given Caylee to her parents- and honestly so could many of these child killers. But they are their possessions, and giving up would be a sign of failure.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:15 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I think much of why Caylee is dead has to do with the strange dynamics of the Anthony family. Cindy Anthony openly put Casey down in front of others, asking her boyfriends why they would even want her "loser" daughter. There is something messed up about that.

Casey could not let her Mother win. Caylee was an object used to manipulate.

The sad thing, Casey will not get the mental health treatment she needs. Just cut her loose now.

You know why her attorneys did not ask the judge to let her out after the verdict? She has no where to go.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:37 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
Everyone I know was shocked.

Nancy Grace must be going berzerk.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 07-05-2011, 06:38 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Where will she go when she is free...live with Baez? Who wants her...perhaps Lee, but I don't think Tony is waiting to mess up his life again by her...

Living with her parents...good luck, what a fun evening will that be...where will she go, no job, no money...remember the lawyers that are celebrating are just celebrating for the boat of gold sailing in...

Old 07-05-2011, 07:02 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,545,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Where will she go when she is free...live with Baez? Who wants her...perhaps Lee, but I don't think Tony is waiting to mess up his life again by her...

Living with her parents...good luck, what a fun evening will that be...where will she go, no job, no money...remember the lawyers that are celebrating are just celebrating for the boat of gold sailing in...
I think she will dye her hair blonde, find some groupies and a man who wants to have sex with her and basically continue on the way she always has.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:10 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I am sure she has made some pals in jail. Jail is really interesting, you meet people as dysfunctional as you are, and become incrediibly close through this shared experience. But what happens with "jail house" buddies, is that their lives become quckly enmeshed in drama. I am sure Casey has some new BFF's to hang with. As messed up as her.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:59 AM

288 posts, read 168,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

I have to disagree with you on the reason the attorneys and their staff are celebrating. Those people had to work really, really hard for months in order to be prepared for a six-week trial. Based on what I saw, it was clear to me that a lot of work went into the defense. They are celebrating because they worked really hard, they won, and their client is not facing the death penalty. That would have been a big win alone; however, it was an even bigger win as the verdicts came down. Those kinds of cases require working all hours of the night and day for months and months, then when the trial starts NOBODY gets any rest at all. Everybody has to be ready for all kinds of surprises and unexpected things to come up in the trial. Tonight is probably be the first night of good rest that defense team has had in forever! It's not always about the money. Besides that, Baez would have been paid the same regardless of the verdict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime