U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-03-2011, 08:03 PM
 
Location: Orlando, Florida
43,858 posts, read 44,603,876 times
Reputation: 58621

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I just wonder if George and Cindy will stay together after all of this is over!
Really hard call. I think they do love each other, but as in many empty nester families, it was their joint love for Caylee that seemed to hold them together. All this mess will either draw them back together or the memory of it all will drive them so far apart until it can't be repaired.

I hope they get enough money to travel the world and get away from it all. They sure do deserve it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-03-2011, 08:07 PM
 
25,880 posts, read 39,155,409 times
Reputation: 13870
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Really hard call. I think they do love each other, but as in many empty nester families, it was their joint love for Caylee that seemed to hold them together. All this mess will either draw them back together or the memory of it all will drive them so far apart until it can't be repaired.

I hope they get enough money to travel the world and get away from it all. They sure do deserve it.
I don't think this marriage wil last...I think George might be sick of all the lying and having to deal with it...so much has come out that he might not have been aware off...although he was also part of some lies...but I don't think the man can take much more of Cindy and Casey...for a while I thought they had become closer but now after the perjury of Cindy, I don't think they will stay together in the end, perhaps another year and then they are done is my prediction....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2011, 08:21 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,713,141 times
Reputation: 26114
I don't think Casey needs to worry about where she will live, or how to support herself...for the rest of her life.

People hold Mothers to a very high standard of care, nothing is more heinous than a Mother who kills her own child. The standard is not just "beyond a reasonable doubt".

Casey is going down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2011, 08:23 PM
 
Location: FL
1,716 posts, read 2,625,055 times
Reputation: 1852
Even if acquitted on the 3 major charges, I don't see how she could squirm out of the false info to a LEO and I would think the judge could make those charges run consecutive... a year a piece, 4 years total. Even if one of the major felonies stick there will be more than likely some paper time (probation or parole) invlolved and nowadays it's rigorous can't drink, drug testing, can't leave the county even for a job.......doesn't sound like anything Casey could handle.

I just read yesterday she never paid federal taxes on the 200k she got from the news agency...the feds could probably put in her prison. I don't think Zanny has much of a case....doesn't slander or liable have to malicious to be proven?

Interesting researching Orange County Court records all it says is closed on the check fraud charges, what happened did they get dropped?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2011, 08:34 PM
 
Location: in my mind
4,755 posts, read 6,530,640 times
Reputation: 9496
The intense, and in my opinion, excessive, media coverage of this case has ensured that even if Casey walked free on every charge, her life will never again be normal.

She will be haunted by this for the rest of her life, as will her family.

Although I am a true crime aficianado and have followed the case from the beginning, I do think this case has brought a lot of somewhat unbalanced folks out of the woodwork. Like the ones who were shouting crap at the Anthonys in front of their home. I think some people feel very empowered by the ability to sit in judgement of someone like Casey Anthony.

Because of the crazies like this, she will never live this down, in or out of prison.

Some might consider that justice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2011, 08:35 PM
 
12,291 posts, read 18,405,549 times
Reputation: 19150
I see no possible scenario where she will be aquited on all charges and leave that courtroom a free woman. If it's not 1st degree, it will be manslaughter, or aggravated child abuse, or lying to LEO. There is an entire assorted list of charges she can be convicted of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2011, 08:59 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,713,141 times
Reputation: 26114
Yeah, let's see, high school drop out baby killer...

Nanny for Octomom? Part of her reality show, "Reforming Sociopaths"

Nude centerfold in "Hustler", "Hot Body; Jail Version"

Guest at Sarah Palin's new place, and she can pal with Kate plus Eight.

Stripper at Glitter Gulch in Las Vegas, maybe Palomino's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2011, 09:06 PM
 
9,912 posts, read 9,302,997 times
Reputation: 8053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Even if acquitted on the 3 major charges, I don't see how she could squirm out of the false info to a LEO and I would think the judge could make those charges run consecutive... a year a piece, 4 years total. Even if one of the major felonies stick there will be more than likely some paper time (probation or parole) invlolved and nowadays it's rigorous can't drink, drug testing, can't leave the county even for a job.......doesn't sound like anything Casey could handle.

I just read yesterday she never paid federal taxes on the 200k she got from the news agency...the feds could probably put in her prison. I don't think Zanny has much of a case....doesn't slander or liable have to malicious to be proven?

Interesting researching Orange County Court records all it says is closed on the check fraud charges, what happened did they get dropped?
She went to court in 2010 on the 13 counts of check fraud charges. She was found guilty of 6 charges. This was the checks she stole from her friend Amy Huizenga. Cindy Anthony paid Amy back the money.

Casey Anthony Apologizes In Open Court - Miami News Story - WPLG Miami (http://www.local10.com/news/22336418/detail.html - broken link)

IRS Filed Federal Tax Lien in May 2011 against Casey in the amount of $68,520.41. The IRS had her address as 522 Simpson Road, Jose Baez's Kissimmee office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2011, 09:21 PM
 
9,912 posts, read 9,302,997 times
Reputation: 8053
Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post
The intense, and in my opinion, excessive, media coverage of this case has ensured that even if Casey walked free on every charge, her life will never again be normal.

She will be haunted by this for the rest of her life, as will her family.

Although I am a true crime aficianado and have followed the case from the beginning, I do think this case has brought a lot of somewhat unbalanced folks out of the woodwork. Like the ones who were shouting crap at the Anthonys in front of their home. I think some people feel very empowered by the ability to sit in judgement of someone like Casey Anthony.

Because of the crazies like this, she will never live this down, in or out of prison.

Some might consider that justice.
Somewhere in all Casey's jailhouse letters are marriage proposals. In addition people are sending her money to be deposited to her jail commissary account. Lots of nuts out there!

Some of the letters are to Cookie, Casey's inmate friend Robyn Adams convicted drug dealer serving 10 years. Guard that was passing the letters was placed on probation.

Jailhouse Letters (http://www.wesh.com/download/2010/0406/23069066.pdf - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2011, 09:29 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,713,141 times
Reputation: 26114
I would not be surprised if some guy does not want to marry her, even if she is convicted. Men are very strange. This one guy I know has an online relationship with a Russian woman he has never met, and he has given her over $20,000.

I don't see a lot of family get togethers in Casey's future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top