U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 12:37 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,767,200 times

Advertisements

Sure, Day care worker...She is not guilty of child abuse...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 01:26 PM

18,678 posts, read 23,299,713 times
Shock does not begin to describe how I feel at this moment.
She will write a book after she killed her child
lied to authorities
was an abysmal mother
in insolent, rude an ungrateful daughter
a high school drop out
an irresponsible and sexually licentious mother
a failure at everything she has ever done.

If Caylee had been put up for adoption, and adopted by a responsible and loving couple, taken away from the dysfunctional mess that is the Anthony family THAT CHILD WOULD BE ALIVE TODAY.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:41 PM

14,269 posts, read 15,933,123 times
If she wasn't from a nice, White, middle class family she would have been convicted. I'd like to see the jurors. I believe 7 of them were women. Maybe they don't want to believe that a mother can go out clubbing & get a tattoo while her child's body decomposes in a garbage bag. It would shatter their world too much.

Edit: I just read a description of the jurors, and they were mixed ages and races.

Last edited by justNancy; 07-05-2011 at 01:50 PM..

Old 07-05-2011, 01:41 PM

7,685 posts, read 8,500,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Shock does not begin to describe how I feel at this moment.
She will write a book after she killed her child
lied to authorities
was an abysmal mother
in insolent, rude an ungrateful daughter
a high school drop out
an irresponsible and sexually licentious mother
a failure at everything she has ever done.

If Caylee had been put up for adoption, and adopted by a responsible and loving couple, taken away from the dysfunctional mess that is the Anthony family THAT CHILD WOULD BE ALIVE TODAY.
She dident fail at cheating the system. What a maggot .... she murdered her own daughter because she liked being motherless and then proceeding to go on a month long partying spree. Absolutely sicking. And I also think her parents were involved with helping her escape justice as well.

I am truly shocked that they dident find her guilty of murder

Old 07-05-2011, 02:00 PM

The only question in my mind is why nobody ever saw her abuse Caylee or even yell at her. I kept thinking this throughout the trial. I don't, however, think this was an accident. Jeffrey Dahmer had body parts in the back seat of his car when stopped by the police, so I suppose a smart psychopath is capable of fooling anyone.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:01 PM

288 posts, read 134,064 times
All I know about Casey Anthony is what was put out during this trial from the courtroom and the media. There is an abundance of information I don't know about her. Nobody would dare to put out any positive information about her. They would have to fear for their lives if they did! You could see when watching the talking heads on TV rail against Casey Anthony, if ANYONE suggested that the state had not proven their case, or suggested anything less that the worst kind of character assasination of her, the TV hosts would immediately cut off that person and quickly move to someone who would continue to "pile" on.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
All I know about Casey Anthony is what was put out during this trial from the courtroom and the media. There is an abundance of information I don't know about her.
Yes, I agree that we don't know everything. Neither does the jury. Maybe we never will know what really happened. However, sometimes I feel the opposite happened in the jury room. Maybe there were 2 or 3 jurors who felt she was guilty and the others wanted to go home. I also would never want to send a person to her death if there was an iota of doubt, and that family really made it difficult to decide. For a crime this serious, they weren't in deliberations for very long. Sometimes it takes days after closing arguments.

I still think she's guilty, however. If your child drowns, you don't wrap her in a bag and bury her. You call 911. Period. I thought throughout the trial that it was odd that nobody saw her abuse her child or even scold her, but maybe she fooled a lot of people. If just one person testified, "She told me she wished Caylee were dead" or "she said she wished Caylee had never been born," it would be different. That was the one tiny bit of doubt I had. Even my parents said it would have been better if I died at birth, but they didn't kill me. So it's odd that there was no evidence proving she was an abusive mother while Caylee was alive.

Well, now what is Nancy Grace going to talk about?

Old 07-05-2011, 02:24 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,145,615 times
For the most part human beings are irrational and stupid. Months back I was talking to my wife and I told her if I was ever charged with a crime I was innocent of I'd choose to have the case heard by a judge because a jury of twelve stupid people would probably falsely accuse me of being guilty, and if I was guilty of a crime I'd choose to have the case heard by a jury because they'd probably find me innocent.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:26 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,301,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
If found not guilty ... the Anthony family will get rich! Movie deal, book deals, TV appearances. So Casey will not have to worry about anything. Cindy will take care of Casey in Spain or France or wherever she may go.

OMG!! Oh so true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-05-2011, 02:31 PM

8,749 posts, read 10,871,491 times
There are a lot of people unable to put 2 and 2 together. It requires thinking, thought processes, logical thinking of how things fit together. And, plenty of people are really too stupid to do that. Unless they see or feel something directly and nearly in front of them, it doesn't exist for them. Lots of dumb dumb's out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime