U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 03:40 AM

288 posts, read 134,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I'm still in shock but after rethinking it a little bit, I came to the conclusion that the jurors had to eliminate all of Cindy's testimony...even the 911 call due to her perjury...

Lying is awarded in the end! Hopefully only for a short period.

Maybe mean to say, but their life's will never be the same and maybe they deserve what they get in the future.

Caylee didn't get the justice she deserved.

Baez is celebrating with champagne over the dead childs body! Caylee is forgotten by the defense!
So that's why Baez mentioned Caylee after the verdicts were read when the defense team spoke to the press? He had forgotten all about her.

The defense team is not celebrating over a dead child's body. That's just absurd emotionalism.

The defense team is celebrating because they did their job and they did it very well. It was a win. This comes after many, many months of very hard work, day and night. I'm sure during the six weeks of this trial none of the team or staff got much rest at all. They won and they deserve a drink of champagne or whatever they want. It's so mean-spirited to begrudge these people a few minutes of relaxation after a very hard fought trial and months of preparation for this case.

It's starting to sound like a lot of people are now using Caylee's death for emotional arguments and rants because the verdict was different from what they wanted. I think people like Nancy Grace is just trying to save face after she made such a fool of herself again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
The jurors don't sound like a bright group. At least two of them are going to talk to the media.

I would keep a low profile if I was them. There are a lot of people who are angry over this.

FL is loaded to the gills with people carrying guns under their shirts.

In fact Casey Anthony should fear for her safety.

I wouldn't put my name out there and the fact that people know what county in FL they live in is common knowledge.

They came back way too quickly and asked no questions.

Worst jury since OJ, and in that case we know why it came back not guilty.
"if I was them"????? And you're calling the jurors not bright?

You're right the jury should not and IS NOT putting the names out there because they are probably well aware that there are a number of crazy freaks who act on emotion rather than reason walking around out there. I suppose that is why the Judge is not releasing the names of the jurors.

In the OJ case it came back not guilty because the glove didn't fit. That's what we all know. Poor prosecution team.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:33 AM

48,516 posts, read 84,056,192 times
OJ case really came down to whether you beleived the police ;prosecutors and civil techs where i na massive conspiracy to get OJ on DNA evidence. The DNA was the smoking gun that had to be defeated.The real result in that and this case is that the justice system slid another notch downj in the eyes of middle class americans. The poor already do have much trust in it;so this is a big hit on trust in the justice system;justified or not.That is why you see so mnay lawyers on TV putting the best face on it.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:44 AM

8,759 posts, read 10,874,325 times
When you see a defense attorney (the older, short curly haired female) jumping up and down at a party (shown on TV), I think somethings gone amiss. It's really not appropriate behavior after a trial where a child was killed and dumped in a swamp for an attorney, even though a "win," to be exhibiting that type of behavior.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:49 AM

8,759 posts, read 10,874,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
One said she thought the father did it.

This makes me wonder how much the jurors were really "thinking" people. There was never evidence introduced that the father had any part in this crime--a mere suggestion--and they warranted that as "reasonable doubt?" Not logical, could have suggested that the postman or milkman did it and that would be reasonable doubt? Reasonable doubt has to be strong enough to be plausible, not just a "passing suggestion."

Old 07-06-2011, 12:18 PM

59 posts, read 35,551 times
Quote:
OJ case really came down to whether you beleived the police ;prosecutors and civil techs where i na massive conspiracy to get OJ on DNA evidence. The DNA was the smoking gun that had to be defeated.The real result in that and this case is that the justice system slid another notch downj in the eyes of middle class americans. The poor already do have much trust in it;so this is a big hit on trust in the justice system;justified or not.That is why you see so mnay lawyers on TV putting the best face on it.
The problem is this is the best system we can think of. In Europe for most petty offenses they use the inquisitorial system. Europeans believe that judges are highly trained professions that can see factual truth better than a jury. Most trials are heard by a judge, not a jury. When there is a jury trial a judge is allowed to deliberate with the jury.

In America, people have a health skepticism about the power of government and having king-like rulers determine our fate.

In Japan, they use a jury but it's not a jury of ones peers chosen at random. There are always 2 or 3 experts or people well regarded in the community that always sit on a jury. They usually have the most influence on the outcome of the case.

The good thing about the American justice system is that it can change if things aren't working.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
This makes me wonder how much the jurors were really "thinking" people. There was never evidence introduced that the father had any part in this crime--a mere suggestion--and they warranted that as "reasonable doubt?" Not logical, could have suggested that the postman or milkman did it and that would be reasonable doubt? Reasonable doubt has to be strong enough to be plausible, not just a "passing suggestion."
I don't think that's true. There was evidence that George Anthony was a frequent user of duct tape which he always keep in his garage. He used it to seal gas cans that were found in Casey's trunk and he used it to put up posters for his missing granddaughter. He had irregular work hours and was often home at mid-day. There was his strange suicide letter were he talked about how bad he felt and how he wanted to "be with Caylee in heaven." He also lied a number of times about having an affair with another woman and telling her that the "whole thing was an accident that snowballed out of control." There was also testimony about how he buried dead pets by putting them in a plastic bag and duct taping the top of it.

So there was a significant amount of evidence that could indicate his involvement. Evidence that was never explained away.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
When you see a defense attorney (the older, short curly haired female) jumping up and down at a party (shown on TV), I think somethings gone amiss. It's really not appropriate behavior after a trial where a child was killed and dumped in a swamp for an attorney, even though a "win," to be exhibiting that type of behavior.
If you thought an innocent person had just been released with your help you would be happy too. Caylee's death was nearly 3 years ago. Lets not blame attorneys for doing their job.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Have you ever worked on a legal defense team in a very high profile murder trial?

Old 07-06-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
The OJ trial came down to the "glove didn't fit." That was the all-time worst demonstration ever by a prosecution team!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime