U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 07:41 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,758,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
The OJ trial came down to the "glove didn't fit." That was the all-time worst demonstration ever by a prosecution team!
OJ did NOT come down to the "glove didn't fit". It was a whole lot more than that. Too simplistic and incorrect, IMHO.

But, yes, it was a horrible demonstration. Ito influenced the timing, BTW. Goodness, Morgain, you get me started on OJ and we'll be here for months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 07:46 PM

288 posts, read 134,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
OJ did NOT come down to the "glove didn't fit". It was a whole lot more than that. Too simplistic and incorrect, IMHO.

But, yes, it was a horrible demonstration. Ito influenced the timing, BTW. Goodness, Morgain, you get me started on OJ and we'll be here for months.
Okay. I give up. Just let me say, I think he was guilty. I think that case was lost by the prosecution. Okay. Really, that's all.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:33 PM

8,242 posts, read 18,553,051 times
Okay. I give up. Just let me say, I think he was guilty. I think that case was lost by the prosecution. Okay. Really, that's all.

The OJ case was lost during the voir dire when they selected that jury.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 07-06-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post

The OJ case was lost during the voir dire when they selected that jury.
Hmmm. As DewDropInn said, we could get in a months-long discussion about OJ. The problem is that it has been so long ago, I don't remember many of the details anymore, other than the image of OJ trying to fit his hand into that glove.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes, I agree that we don't know everything. Neither does the jury. Maybe we never will know what really happened. However, sometimes I feel the opposite happened in the jury room. Maybe there were 2 or 3 jurors who felt she was guilty and the others wanted to go home. I also would never want to send a person to her death if there was an iota of doubt, and that family really made it difficult to decide. For a crime this serious, they weren't in deliberations for very long. Sometimes it takes days after closing arguments.

I still think she's guilty, however. If your child drowns, you don't wrap her in a bag and bury her. You call 911. Period. I thought throughout the trial that it was odd that nobody saw her abuse her child or even scold her, but maybe she fooled a lot of people. If just one person testified, "She told me she wished Caylee were dead" or "she said she wished Caylee had never been born," it would be different. That was the one tiny bit of doubt I had. Even my parents said it would have been better if I died at birth, but they didn't kill me. So it's odd that there was no evidence proving she was an abusive mother while Caylee was alive.

Well, now what is Nancy Grace going to talk about?
I think Grace can still wring a few more days out of this.

I agree with everything you said. I think she's guilty of something but I just can't be sure of exactly what.....even if she accidentally killed her daughter, there was something very not right about that! And, of course, it would surely be an injustice to send her to death row when there was doubt.

One of those folks on TV said something last night about how it was just too big of a leap for people to go from hearing that she was a good mother from her parents, friends, and boyfriend, to just suddenly go to 'I think I'll Caylee today".............

Old 07-07-2011, 04:56 AM

15,186 posts, read 13,488,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt30 View Post
I don't think that's true. There was evidence that George Anthony was a frequent user of duct tape which he always keep in his garage. He used it to seal gas cans that were found in Casey's trunk and he used it to put up posters for his missing granddaughter. He had irregular work hours and was often home at mid-day. There was his strange suicide letter were he talked about how bad he felt and how he wanted to "be with Caylee in heaven." He also lied a number of times about having an affair with another woman and telling her that the "whole thing was an accident that snowballed out of control." There was also testimony about how he buried dead pets by putting them in a plastic bag and duct taping the top of it.

So there was a significant amount of evidence that could indicate his involvement. Evidence that was never explained away.
George and the duct tape means nothing. Casey lived in that house and had access to the duct tape. I suspect she used that duct tape the day she backed her car into the garage.

How they buried their pets means nothing. That is how most people bury their pets. They don't buy coffins....they wrap them up in plastic and tape them shut. And, as the prosecution pointed out....when you bury a pet you don't put duct tape over their faces.

The guy that bailed Casey out of jail, with the cowboy hat, he said one of his men had talked to George about the possibility that Casey may have accidently overdosed Caylee with chloroform. THAT is the theory George was probably referring to when he said it was an accident that snowballed out of control.

George lying about the affair......that doesn't taint the rest of his testimony in my opinion. It really had no bearing on the case being heard and his wife was sitting right there. I don't blame him for lying about that under the circumstances.......that is IF he was lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime