Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 06:57 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,861,109 times

Advertisements

What next?

If Cindy is willing to lie for her would she let Casey come and live with her? Would she support her until she could find work??? However long that may take?

What would happen with George? Would he forgive Casey after what she has said and done? Or would Lee forgive her?

Do you think the accusations were all a farce to set up reasonable doubt?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 07:00 PM

43,854 posts, read 50,999,926 times
She couldn't live here in Orlando. She would have to change her name and go elsewhere. It would become a mob lynching.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,070,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
She couldn't live here in Orlando. She would have to change her name and go elsewhere. It would become a mob lynching.
I agree. I saw the "Brentwood Butcher" signs in OJ's neighborhood. He couldn't golf. He couldn't get a table in a restaurant. He was shunned.

So HE went to Florida. Have no idea where Casey would go. (I'm kind of surprised her parents have stayed in that house.)

Old 07-03-2011, 07:19 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,992,562 times
I am not surpsed they have sayed in the house, they are probably stuck.

Mortgaged to the hilt, can't sell it in this market, couldn't get a loan for a new one....neither of them are working, etc.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:19 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,938,396 times
If found not guilty ... the Anthony family will get rich! Movie deal, book deals, TV appearances. So Casey will not have to worry about anything. Cindy will take care of Casey in Spain or France or wherever she may go.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
If found not guilty ... the Anthony family will get rich! Movie deal, book deals, TV appearances. So Casey will not have to worry about anything. Cindy will take care of Casey in Spain or France or wherever she may go.

I'm afraid you could be right. The thought makes me sick to my stomach though.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:26 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,938,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I'm afraid you could be right. The thought makes me sick to my stomach though.
I just wonder if George and Cindy will stay together after all of this is over!

Old 07-03-2011, 07:49 PM

I wonder that too, Carolina. How do you start over, at their age, after all this?

I can't imagine how hard this will be when the dust settles and all that is left is reality. The isolation alone would be tough IMO.

They may not have been great parents but I think there is a certain degree of dysfunction in all families and most of us do the best we can. Now that my kids are grown I see things I wish I would have done differently. But hindsight is 20/20.

An aquintance of mine has a daughter on meth that I feel is alot like Casey. It scares me. My friend is trying the tough love approach now but it isn't easy, especially when grandkids are used as pawns. My friend has tried to get custody of the grandkids and has contacted CPS on numerous occasions to no avail. These cases scare me because I think there are a lot more families like this than people realize.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:58 PM

43,854 posts, read 50,999,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
They may not have been great parents but I think there is a certain degree of dysfunction in all families and most of us do the best we can. Now that my kids are grown I see things I wish I would have done differently. But hindsight is 20/20.

An aquintance of mine has a daughter on meth that I feel is alot like Casey. It scares me. My friend is trying the tough love approach now but it isn't easy, especially when grandkids are used as pawns. My friend has tried to get custody of the grandkids and has contacted CPS on numerous occasions to no avail. These cases scare me because I think there are a lot more families like this than people realize.
My daughter is almost 22 now and a single mom to an almost 4 year old. Luckily, she is a good responsible mom, but we've had our head clashes through the years. Once a grandchild is involved, you'll put up with a whole lot of crap to make sure you have access to that child. You know if you alienate the parent, you can end up with a real problem.

I think that is why I understand a great many of Cindy Anthony's willingness to let Casey steal from them and make their lives miserable. What else could they possibly do?

I agree with your dysfunction statement. My GAWD....if our family was thrown in the limelight like that....we would look like a bunch of buffoons!

Old 07-03-2011, 08:00 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,620,435 times
The story has even been in European news papers and on tv...so they know her overthere as well but we don't have to worry about that..she is not going to walk free..

She also had the other charges and convictions for fraud. You can see them in the Orange County public records and I believe more is pending as well as the lawsuit from Zanny the Nanny...Morgan&Morgan can't wait until this process is over and more probably will be filed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime