U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 11:24 PM

5,187 posts, read 8,715,266 times

Advertisements

By Friday July 8th.

There is a lot to go through. Lots of counts. I think the jury is taking this very seriously as they should.

HLN better get some alternate news coverage going
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 01:20 AM

15,185 posts, read 13,471,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Casey unlike Manson would probably not be a threat to society...that said she deserves to spend the rest of her life behind bars.
........as long as she was sterilized.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:34 AM

13,829 posts, read 18,845,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
........as long as she was sterilized.
Yeah but we all know that is against her civil liberties right ? Give me a break . I believe if you are convicted of killing your child you should be sterilized . End of discussion , no if ands or butts about it .

Old 07-05-2011, 10:08 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,468,866 times
I think the verdict will come in some time today - I also think the reason why it is taking so long is that the discussion is re: what category for guilty .....

Do I think she is dangerous? Not necessarily dangerous like Manson was scarily dangerous but I do think dangerous to those who stand in her way if there is something she wants to do and cannot, like have fun...or simply, interfers with having her way.

Do I think she is capable of participating in her defense, absolutely - do I think she is "crazy", no, I do not ... I do think, however, that there is a part of her that is pretty surprised that she may have to be held accountable for her actions, her lies and her fabrications.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:08 AM

18,680 posts, read 23,314,854 times
I hope it's ASAP. The "holdout: worries me.
All cases should be thoughtfully deliberated, but overthinking can muddle what what is painfully obvious - not just in this case, or in any case, but in many life situations.

"Crazy" according to the courts refers to the ability to know "right from wrong" - not the ability to keep one's self from doing bad things. One thing they generally look for is weather the defendant attempted to cover up what they did. In the case of Casey Anthony, however Caylee died, she went missing a month before her mother was forced to report it.Her mother did things to cover up the fact that she was missing. She told lies to cover up her misdeeds so she knew on some level that what she did was wrong in the eyes of the law. And that is what matters to the court.

Check out the M'Naughton Rule.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:57 AM

32,532 posts, read 30,730,808 times
I have HLN on while I'm working. Background noise so I may not catch everything, but quick update:

The jury is dressed up again today. One juror is wearing a shirt with a tie. And they asked to work through a break. Unfortunately, I didn't catch if it was their lunch break.

(Getting kind of hard to listen to Jane Mitchell. I think there could be a rumor that there's a meter reader at the Anthony's house and she'd scream, "Breaking news!!")

Old 07-05-2011, 11:02 AM

4,758 posts, read 6,557,842 times
I am guessing that all these folks on HLN are getting sick of talking about this all day. But I am sure this case is really helping their careers, so I am sure they aren't complaining. I have never seen Vinnie Politan before but I really like him.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:06 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,468,866 times
Hi Sheena12, I completely agree with you -- as a mom, I cannot even imagine overlooking saying anything about the whereabouts of my child - I cannot even imagine making up a fictitious name of a sitter AND to then say missing for 30 days -- and/or to say an accident. Let's for the sake of argument say there was an accidental drowning which actually I could not even accept [so I guess that theory is out already] - given that one never lets a little child in the water without an adult; and one would certainly not grab a child who was going under the water with adults in and/or by the pool - and if it was an accident, to report it immediately, call EMT's -- nope, that argument which, by the way, I hope the jury has already discussed and ruled out...

I must admit that I would have done anything possible not to be on that jury -- I know and understand, certainly in theory, that everyone is innocent until proven guilty, that there must be a proponderance of evidence to determine guilt - and certainly everyone has the right to a trial, their day in Court, etc.

I believe I could honestly and sincerely sit on a jury for any other type of case and be fair, thorough and responsible in my deliberations, I know that I could not sit through a trial where the victim is a child and I think being honest and sincere about that is better than portraying something else during jury selection and then.....

Old 07-05-2011, 11:15 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,783,040 times
Some people are very concrete, and have difficulty with "reasonable". If it is not all laid out, they won't agree.

Lower income, lower level of education, no children. Which juror does that sound like?

I also question the IT guy...the jurors are supposed to vote on evidence presented at trial, not any thing else.

I can't imagine why this is taking so long, I would have been done in about 15 minutes.

The longer the better for Casey.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:17 AM

4,758 posts, read 6,557,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
I cannot even imagine making up a fictitious name of a sitter AND to then say missing for 30 days -- and/or to say an accident..
The amazing thing is that the amount of lies she tells about this time period of 31 days is so much bigger than just a lie about her babysitter-

check out her arrest affidavit to see the amount of complexity in the stories she tells the detectives, as well as all the other people in her life. Its quite disturbing.

caylee_anthony_transcript_ArrestAffidavit071608.ht m
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime