U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2011, 07:20 PM

3,173 posts, read 3,075,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Hilarious! We have some pretty brilliant dogs! They are reflective, can make logical deductions with minimal information, and have common sense. Not only that, dogs that know what bad behavior is, and demonstrate guilt, that is very high order thinking.

My dog, when needing clarification on where his ball went, will come to me for information and guidance, he does not rely on the other dogs in the dog park.

I don't remember ANY questions for clarification on anything by those jurors! Not one question for the judfe!
You know what I have been thinking about?
My dog is a german shepherd, when we go to the big park to run and play with the other dogs? My "Molly" will always try to herd them. She will run on the outside barking and herding them into the center. It is how she has her fun. We did have a slight incident when we ran into one that did not like that though but most just go right along with the program.
I think this Jury had "a herder".

Old 07-13-2011, 08:32 PM

1,422 posts, read 4,632,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
There was duct tape found near the body and no testimony that it was over her mouth and nose. I know that most of you say she did it but I keep thinking of those 33% of people on death row in Indiana that were exonerated by dna. Innocent persons are convicted on circumstantial evidence by good people. I think it is the greatest crime to convict a person who did not do the deed. I agree that her actions do not seem normal but there are a lot of people who we see daily who are not normal and that does not mean they are murderers. I think if the jury decided as they did we just have to accept that and go on. She is supposed to get help for her mental problems. That's enough for me.
There was testimony and photographic evidence about the duct tape on the skull, and the jury foreman acknowledged in his response to this direct question from Greta Van Susteren in this week's interview that this was the case. And the jurors did not dispute that this tape came from the Anthony home. Apparently, they couldn't get to murder from the 3 pieces of tape around the child's nose, mouth, etc. (in addition to all the other evidence).

Sigh.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:59 PM

6,932 posts, read 8,086,226 times
Default Social Media And Blogs Helped Casey Anthony's Defense

This is interesting. Casey Anthony should thank social media. It played a role in her defense's strategy. A consultant for her attorneys analyzed blogs and social media to see what people were saying.

Casey Anthony social media: Casey Anthony social media changed defense strategy - OrlandoSentinel.com

Old 07-13-2011, 09:13 PM

22,707 posts, read 16,813,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
There was testimony and photographic evidence about the duct tape on the skull, and the jury foreman acknowledged in his response to this direct question from Greta Van Susteren in this week's interview that this was the case. And the jurors did not dispute that this tape came from the Anthony home. Apparently, they couldn't get to murder from the 3 pieces of tape around the child's nose, mouth, etc. (in addition to all the other evidence).

Sigh.
I have a serious question here regarding the duct tape and the skull...

When a body decomposes, things start to liquefy, skin starts to fall off.

If the duct tape was placed on the face, over the mouth, of this child...on the skin...and what was left was a skull...how is the duct tape still there?

If it was on the skin...and the skin is gone...how is it stuck to the skull?

If the skin is gone, it decomposed...the duct tape was on the skin...how is it then stuck to the skull?

Yes, I am asking that repeatedly...because I really want to know, how, if something is stuck to the skin, the skin is gone, is that something now stuck to the skull. That makes no sense to me at all.

And, have you ever gotten tape wet? Even duct tape? Try it. See what happens when tape gets wet....(as in, liquids leaking out of places).

I ask again, if the body is decomposed, the skin is gone, there's nothing left but bones and a skull, how is that duct tape stuck to the skull?

Old 07-13-2011, 09:43 PM

4,754 posts, read 6,527,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

If the duct tape was placed on the face, over the mouth, of this child...on the skin...and what was left was a skull...how is the duct tape still there?

If the skin is gone, it decomposed...the duct tape was on the skin...how is it then stuck to the skull?
My understanding is that when the duct tape was discovered, it was attached to the hair. I think the inference was then made, due to the size of the duct tape pieces and that there were three pieces of it, that it had been placed across the mouth and nose.

But you are correct, there is no way that tape applied to skin that had decomposed over close to 6 months in water would then be found securely attached to the bone underneath.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:43 PM

4,753 posts, read 12,322,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Yes, I am asking that repeatedly...because I really want to know, how, if something is stuck to the skin, the skin is gone, is that something now stuck to the skull. That makes no sense to me at all.

And, have you ever gotten tape wet? Even duct tape? Try it. See what happens when tape gets wet....(as in, liquids leaking out of places).

I ask again, if the body is decomposed, the skin is gone, there's nothing left but bones and a skull, how is that duct tape stuck to the skull?
Read the transcripts of the trial. People who saw the photos who weren't defense attorneys say that the duct tape was stuck to Caylee's hair and stretched across her skull where her mouth and nose would have been prior to decomposition. The tape shifted in a consistent way with decomposition.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:50 PM

22,707 posts, read 16,813,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Read the transcripts of the trial. People who saw the photos who weren't defense attorneys say that the duct tape was stuck to Caylee's hair and stretched across her skull where her mouth and nose would have been prior to decomposition. The tape shifted in a consistent way with decomposition.
I'm watching the entire thing again. Will see what is said. But I still question, if there was decomposition, the skin is no longer there, plus, yes, she was supposedly in water for some of this time, how did the tape stay in place...to indicate it was stretched across the skull...

Anyway, like I said, I'm watching the entire thing and will make special note of what is said.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:01 PM
ttk

79 posts, read 161,152 times
There are enough people out there that want Casey Anthony dead that she better have reconstructive facial surgery and move far away. I hear Nancy Grace attended a sniper class already.... :O

Old 07-14-2011, 12:41 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,573,828 times
People write and print the strangest things. Time they find a new subject to write about. This case is over and done with move on reporter move on.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:52 AM

8,004 posts, read 10,038,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttk View Post
There are enough people out there that want Casey Anthony dead that she better have reconstructive facial surgery and move far away. I hear Nancy Grace attended a sniper class already.... :O
NG wouldn't have the guts to do something to her. She's an overbearing loud mouth who gets off on inciting a riot. Her job (and she does it well), is to get everybody else riled up and thirsty for blood. Then she can stand back and shake her head, innocently saying, "PEOPLE....Did you REALLY think you could take the law into your OWN hands here? You know she's guilty, I know she's guilty, but what kind of a country are we living when a person is found not guilty, by a jury of her peers, and a "lynch mob" hunts her down like an animal, just because they don't agree with the verdict!"

Oh you can bet ole Nancy Grace would put on her best shocked and horrified face for us all.....completely "blameless" in the event, even though she played such a huge part of starting this riot that's going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or