U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 05:11 PM

4,756 posts, read 6,532,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I will attend the 'Behind the Scenes of the Casey Anthony Trial' tomorrow at work. The four reporters who will be speaking actually attended all of the trial. If I hear anything new, I'll make sure and share.

Behind the scenes Casey Anthony trial: See behind the scenes of the Casey Anthony trial - Orlando Sentinel

I'm not sure how many community members will be there.....you did have to reserve a seat.....but one of the bigger parking lots have been reserved for visitors.
Definitely report back!!!!

Old 07-14-2011, 06:59 PM

6,131 posts, read 6,443,017 times
I just heard on FOX News an interview with crime reporter Aphrodite Jones that there are two witness tampering investigations taking place, both of which are detrimental to the Casey Anthony defense team. She said that one of the two witness tampering investigations does not look good at all for Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's lead defense attorney.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:06 PM

3,173 posts, read 3,076,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Exactly correct. There was ONE piece of duct tape stuck to a hair mat on ONE side of the skull which we know for a fact had been moved by weather (submersion), animals, and Roy Kronk.

The other two pieces of tape were found "near" the body IIRC about 15 feet away.

There was NO heart sticker on the tape. There was a reported "outline" of heart shaped residue on the tape (and I don't know which piece of tape), that was NOT photographed and later could not be seen. There was a puffy solid red heart sticker found somewhere in the dump site- NOT on the tape and NOT on the skull or any part of the remains. This sticker did NOT match any of Casey's stickers which were flat, with flowery/fancy borders and white centers.

Whatever we think of this case, let's try to keep the facts straighter than the tabloid media talking heads. This whole "head wrapped in duct tape with a heart sticker right over the mouth" is obviously physically IMPOSSIBLE once given a little thought as did the poster above. It is all smoke and mirrors from the media AND the Prosecution.

You are forgetting the fact that the mandible and cranium were still attached. Proof of duck tape over the area. All experts agree, that never happens after decomposition because there is nothing left to hold them together.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:37 PM

1,231 posts, read 892,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
You are forgetting the fact that the mandible and cranium were still attached. Proof of duck tape over the area. All experts agree, that never happens after decomposition because there is nothing left to hold them together.
That would be proof of duct tape over the mandible to cranium area WHEN??? All the supporting tissue and skin are completely gone. There is no DNA from Caylee on the tape. IF tape was holding the mandible to the cranium, it must have been placed after complete decomposition- or simply moved there serendipitously during the different known movements of the skull (weather, animals, Kronk) IMO.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
That would be proof of duct tape over the mandible to cranium area WHEN??? All the supporting tissue and skin are completely gone. There is no DNA from Caylee on the tape. IF tape was holding the mandible to the cranium, it must have been placed after complete decomposition- or simply moved there serendipitously during the different known movements of the skull (weather, animals, Kronk) IMO.
The tape was applied before decomposition when the skin and tissue were intack. As her body started to decompose, the tape held the mandible and cranium together because the jaw joints had decomposed and nothing else was left.
There would be no DNA left, sun, heat, water would have destroyed all DNA in the 6 months that the body was exposed to the elements.
If the tape had been placed there after decomp, the tape would not have been so ragged with loss of fiber.
Is it reasonable to believe that somebody would go in search of a childs body, find it, tape the lower jaw back onto the skull, then just walk away?
The skull was almost buried in decomposed leaves and had plants growing through it. Kronk testified that he put his stick through the eye socket and slightly lifted the skull, it could not have been very forceful because the mandible stayed connected.
It was the bones of the little body that were scattered by animals, not the skull.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:30 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,717,452 times
I still can't wrap my head around how 12 people agreed that there was not enough evidence in this case, I would have thought at least a mistrial. A representative wants to ban jurors from profiting from jury duty.

Casey Anthony jurors profit: Orlando lawmaker to propose law prohibiting Florida jurors from profiting off trials - OrlandoSentinel.com

Old 07-15-2011, 05:58 AM

3,752 posts, read 7,486,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I still can't wrap my head around how 12 people agreed that there was not enough evidence in this case, I would have thought at least a mistrial.
I so agree. Since the verdict, every time I see or read about convictions on SO MUCH LESS evidence - it pisses me off in a way I cant even explain. So, I am really limiting my knowledge not only on this case, but on all cases until I can try to restore my faith in a jury of our peers. And, of all people to be acquitted! My other thought this morning is that there isnt even a party to sue for Caylee's wrongful death because Casey made certain no one knew who her father was, and her parents will never sue.

The civil wrongful death suit by the Browns against OJ was a large part of his misery after his acquittal.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
I so agree. Since the verdict, every time I see or read about convictions on SO MUCH LESS evidence - it pisses me off in a way I cant even explain. So, I am really limiting my knowledge not only on this case, but on all cases until I can try to restore my faith in a jury of our peers. And, of all people to be acquitted! My other thought this morning is that there isnt even a party to sue for Caylee's wrongful death because Casey made certain no one knew who her father was, and her parents will never sue.

The civil wrongful death suit by the Browns against OJ was a large part of his misery after his acquittal.
If only the father could be found, maybe he could file the suit stating that he was never informed of Caylee's birth.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:10 AM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 20 days ago)

8,695 posts, read 10,842,175 times
Saw one of her defense attorneies on Piers Morgan briefly (I changed the channel rather quickly) saying her client was, "loving, intelligent and kind"--just an all around great person! Does she live in an alternate universe or a delusional state? There is medication for that. When Joy Behar asked her, on her show, if she'd let CA babysit her children or grandchildren. Well, with much hesitation, she replied, "Yes, the CA I know I would let babysit."

Old 07-15-2011, 09:12 AM

21,660 posts, read 11,125,856 times
The fact that still today Casey's defense did not explain why if the child died in the pool , why did they dump the body down the street for animals to chew on... ???? I would ask that question!!

This is a homicide case and Casey was the last to see Caylee and she never explained other than the half baked story of her drowning in the pool of which Casey herself rejected many times before to police and family... this doesn't add up... how this jury settled for conjecture over the physical evidence that was ALL clearly pointing to Casey.
The defense concocted a story with no physical proof , nothing to back it up... NOTHING!!

I am offended for all mothers who Casey with her child supposedly missing , gets a tatoo meaning beautiful life..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or