U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 01:28 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,242,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
My comment had to do with the media reporting on a trial and nothing about justice of the trial.
Media reporting or media not reporting on the case, he still should be ashamed of himself. He was passing the blame onto media and people saying Casey was being assasinated for her portrayal. She did not need the media to convince me of that. She lied through her teeth and went off to live the high life and party while her daughter laid dead. She lied about people and where she worked. He should have kept his mouth shut or came up with something a bit more tactful or 'graceful'. I felt like he dishonored Caylee in that essence. He was not correct in doing what he did and on the jury that I served on no one gloated.

Last edited by CD's Only Mrs. X; 07-05-2011 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: spelling

398 posts, read 644,543 times
Floridians= Stupid

288 posts, read 133,673 times
This verdict just renews my confidence in the jury system. I, personally, was never convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey intentionally killed her daughter. I will admit though that I was surprised at the not guilty on those first three counts. If I had been on the jury, I would have voted not guilty on those counts but I was concerned that some people on the jury might have been biased from the start.

The state did not prove their case to me.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:29 PM

23,628 posts, read 33,413,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I think anyone who looked at this objectively saw the writing on the wall long ago.
I didn't really keep up with the trial all that much but when I heard the quality of the case presented by the prosecution I thought that it would happen this way.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:34 PM

828 posts, read 1,448,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You guys didn't really believe they would convict a young white woman without a smoking gun did you? Whites especially white women always get the benefit of the doubt others not so much.
Her we go with the race crap!!!!

Old 07-05-2011, 01:34 PM

288 posts, read 133,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I just feel so nauseus.

A poor, defenseless 2-year old is dead and she'll never get justice.

I can accept that Caysey got her day in court. But what about Caylee? Who speaks for her now?

Caysey will write a book. Baez will write a book. The jurors will write their books. They'll all make a pile of money and Casey is dead with no one to speak for her.
I would say for those who believe in God that Caylee is being well taken care of and doesn't need imperfect human "justice."

Old 07-05-2011, 01:35 PM

13,925 posts, read 19,139,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I didn't really keep up with the trial all that much but when I heard the quality of the case presented by the prosecution I thought that it would happen this way.
The prosecution's case sucked, and the defense threw a big ass wrench into the trial during opening statements. I told people right then that she was not going to be convicted of murder.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:37 PM

454 posts, read 527,703 times
So she is not guilty...I just hope she can learn from her mistakes and try to be a better person, If I were her I move out of America because Americans hater her

11,181 posts, read 10,199,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
REMEMBER....OJ is resting now..in the nevada State Prison....we shbould send her a ticket to Las Vegas, WE can get her on SOMETHING

That would be a terrible thing to do to the good people of Nevada. (just kidding)

This really is sad, though. Caylee died under someone's watch. Accident or not, that's neglect. Disposing of her little body in that way? Sick beyond belief. I'm glad those people live 3000 miles away from me. Yuck.

22,699 posts, read 16,808,575 times
Listen, I am amazed at the verdict as well. I did think they would find her guilty of at least endangerment or abuse. I was never convinced, beyond a reasonable doubt, that she murdered her child.

Nonetheless, the point of this post is that whether we agree with the verdict or not, some of these comments are unbelievable. Commenting on an evil aura around her? Asking how anyone would want to "be" with her? C'mon, guys, that's ridiculous.

The fact of the matter is, she was found not guilty. That's how the justice system works. I would not lose faith in the justice system simply because I didn't agree with the verdict, the justice system is working EXACTLY as it should. The prosecutor presents their side, the defense presents their side, 12 people decide who is right. THAT is the justice system in this country no matter if you like the verdict.

I would be more afraid of a system that was biased based on anything the media said, what people thought of her looks, what people thought of her actions while in court...ya know, some people laugh when they get nervous, some people laugh at sad news...all we know is what we see on t.v. We act like we know this person, we do NOT know this person.

The jury decided, that's the end of it. There will be no other trial. She was found not guilty, and discussing why we thought that was wrong or right, how we would have voted were we on the jury, fine but low blows like talking about her looks and wondering about her sex life, talking about book deals and how everyone in FL is stupid...(I just moved from FL, not they are not all stupid), is gross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or