U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 09:46 AM

1,422 posts, read 4,632,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
has anyone considered that maybe the jury was tampered with in some fashion????
There is an investigation underway about jury tampering. Law enforcement has not said who is the focus of this investigation.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:00 AM

79 posts, read 199,329 times
Honestly, I think everyone should respect the decision made by the jury, and we should just get on with our lives. Personally, I believe that Casey is responsible for Caylee's death, and I think she should have at least been found guilty of manslaughter or negligence. But we must respect the decision made by the 12 jurors in court and move on with our lives. Even if Casey was acquitted of the murder, manslaughter, and child abuse charges, Casey will suffer so much from the negative publicity that her life will be worse than prison. I was watching Bill O'Reilly the other week, and he talked about the results of a poll from his website Bill O'Reilly: Poll Center. The results show that 90% of poll responsdents believe that Casey Anthony is GUILTY of her daughter's murder. It was 90% !!!!! NINETY PERCENT !!!! That tells you right there how most people feel about this. Most people (especially mothers) will not purchase any future publications or memoirs Casey might write to profit from her daughter's death. Most people will boycott any television shows or movies that would bring royalties to Casey Anthony. It would be very difficult for Casey to get a job after all the negative publicity, so Casey will suffer greatly for what she did. Casey will face a lifetime punishment when she is ostracized and shunned by the public, and she will face eternal punishment after death.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:02 AM

8,004 posts, read 10,037,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I'm just glad she is GONE from Orlando. The whole air feels better.
It will be interesting to see just how well she fares in Arizona...if that's really where they took her. What blows my mind is that her attorney would actually have the NERVE to ask her parents to play "media decoys" for her. The woman doesn't even have the decency to speak to her parents or allow her mother to visit.....then they ask them to play decoy. The whole thing sickens me.

If it was me, I'd say...."You attempted to destroy us, you refuse to speak to us, therefore, you care nothing for us....the feeling is mutual."

Old 07-18-2011, 10:03 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,623,644 times
Quote:
two things---sociopaths are extremely skillful at lying and not necessarily intelligent(if the anthony skank was she would have completed school easily)

OR CHECKED INTO THE ANTHONY'S TIES IN OTHER PLACES THAN ORLANDO?????
IMO it was botched right from the beginning. I was born and raised in Pinellas County and can attest that when "Orlando" is brought up it means , good times, fantasyland, party time not "seclusion" and lockdown in a hotel room. They probably got p'd off having to stare out their windows at all the glitter and lights and not being able to indulge. One can argue that they had to lawfully and per instructions reach their verdict but I think anyone can clearly surmise if they weren't given the red carpet treatment it would favor the defense. I still believe Pinellas jury in a Pinellas courtroom= different outcome.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:25 AM

346 posts, read 418,756 times
Quote:
two things---sociopaths are extremely skillful at lying and not necessarily intelligent(if the anthony skank was she would have completed school easily)

I agree- she may lie a lot, but she sure wasn't intelligent about it. Look at her history of lying about things one would easily get found out (and did): Her not graduating high school, her job, the check fraud- even her pregnancy.

When she found out she was pregnant, if she truly didn't want to have the child, wanted her freedom, etc. she could have very easily terminated the pregnancy early on without her parents finding out. And it would have been legal.

Watched a program last night on the BIO channel and found it interesting just how much of a history Cindy had of enabling her / covering up for her. Cindy didn't tell her parents her daughter wasn't graduating until they showed up and wondered why she wasn't in a cap and gown. They went to a wedding when Casey was visibly pregnant- when relatives started asking about it, Cindy denied it, saying she was bloated, had a tumor, etc. The pregnancy was even kept from her brother until the day Caylee was born!

Last edited by catnip8056; 07-18-2011 at 11:02 AM..

Old 07-18-2011, 11:17 AM

28,206 posts, read 20,731,674 times
Quote:

I'm sure the reason she didn't graduate was based on laziness and not intelligence. Many intelligent people did not finish high school. (Yes, really)

Old 07-18-2011, 11:18 AM

28,206 posts, read 20,731,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
It will be interesting to see just how well she fares in Arizona...if that's really where they took her. What blows my mind is that her attorney would actually have the NERVE to ask her parents to play "media decoys" for her. The woman doesn't even have the decency to speak to her parents or allow her mother to visit.....then they ask them to play decoy. The whole thing sickens me.

If it was me, I'd say...."You attempted to destroy us, you refuse to speak to us, therefore, you care nothing for us....the feeling is mutual."
I read those articles. Yet again (just like the "George doesn't want Casey home" article last week) no sources are cited. ALL speculation.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:35 AM

8,004 posts, read 10,037,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I read those articles. Yet again (just like the "George doesn't want Casey home" article last week) no sources are cited. ALL speculation.
To a certain extent, I agree with you, however, just because a source isn't cited, it doesn't mean that it's not factual. Supposedly, it was the Anthony's attorney who made the statement regarding the "media decoys" as well as the statements reguarding her refusing to see her mother.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:31 PM

13,925 posts, read 19,139,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
The prosecution had the problem of feeling like this was a slam dunk. That is why they went with the death penalty. They did not dumb it down to simplest terms, because they assumed that anyone would condem a Mother who behaved like that.

They ahould have pounded the child neglect charge, at the least, if the child is dead, no matter if it was an accident, any Mother would call authorities.
Pretty much. One of my friends posted this on Facebook just hours after the verdict.

"They (the DA's office) went for the game winning home run instead of the game tying RBI double, and struck out."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Baez told the jurors how to think.. and that is what they did.. Baez gave them explicit statements such as you can't convict if you don't know how she died... and that is what they built their verdict on.

The prosecution said it was a homicide because who would dump a body if it was an accident. The jurors did not want to connect dots ..they wanted baez's theorys of how to think.. that sums it up.

brainless jurors couldn't think on their own.
You do realize that the jury's instructions state that almost verbatim? If Baez was giving the jury instructions that conflicted with the official instructions from the court, Judge Perry would have nipped that in the bud immediately.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:10 PM

25,393 posts, read 30,724,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm sure the reason she didn't graduate was based on laziness and not intelligence. Many intelligent people did not finish high school. (Yes, really)
It really doesn't matter. If you're too lazy to use your intelligence, there's no evidence you have any and you might as well not have any for all the good it's doing you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or