U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-24-2011, 09:10 PM
 
Location: Home!
8,710 posts, read 10,399,512 times
Reputation: 8511

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
That and people who would prefer that jury verdicts make sense.
Nah, they are not losers, just people who were hoping to see that mother held accountable. Didn't happen. They will move on, eventually. Yet, those who love that child will never get past this. Casey already did a long time ago, no rocket science there.

 
Old 07-24-2011, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,925 posts, read 19,139,910 times
Reputation: 9155
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
You are incorrect. Are you a parent? If that is highly speculative, then I feel sorry for any children whose parents would do otherwise. Unfortunately, there are too many of them. Those parents are not loving, caring parents. Period. You can try to spin that any way you want, but the bottom line is that of all the points in this case, that is one that is just not a legal issue. I am not saying this make her a murderer, just an awful parent.
No kids (thankfully), but I've lost people close to me including a parent and it didn't stop me from going out and living my life. In fact, you can find pictures of me on Facebook out partying for my friend's 25th birthday, taken less than a week after my dad's death.

Life is not TV, and not everyone responds to emotional trauma by going into a funk or deep depression for weeks on end. Many of us are not very outwardly emotional even when faced with the death of a loved one, which is why using those pictures of Casey out partying was pointless for the prosecution as it didn't hold much weight with the jurors.
 
Old 07-24-2011, 09:16 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
4,753 posts, read 12,321,229 times
Reputation: 3224
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Nah, they are not losers, just people who were hoping to see that mother held accountable. Didn't happen. They will move on, eventually. Yet, those who love that child will never get past this. Casey already did a long time ago, no rocket science there.
Just because people will move on doesn't mean they didn't lose something. Losing some or all faith in the criminal justice system is also a loss.

Not the same magnitude as losing a child, but still a loss.
 
Old 07-24-2011, 09:53 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,587 posts, read 6,819,999 times
Reputation: 9851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
No kids (thankfully), but I've lost people close to me including a parent and it didn't stop me from going out and living my life. In fact, you can find pictures of me on Facebook out partying for my friend's 25th birthday, taken less than a week after my dad's death.

Life is not TV, and not everyone responds to emotional trauma by going into a funk or deep depression for weeks on end. Many of us are not very outwardly emotional even when faced with the death of a loved one, which is why using those pictures of Casey out partying was pointless for the prosecution as it didn't hold much weight with the jurors.
If you never had a child you can not imagine what pain the loss causes a parent.It is not the natural order of life...all of are faced with the loss of a parent.Believe what you wish about Casey Anthony,I don't care one way or the other but the loss of a child is not like losing a parent or even a spouse!
 
Old 07-24-2011, 11:25 PM
 
Location: Home!
8,710 posts, read 10,399,512 times
Reputation: 8511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
No kids (thankfully), but I've lost people close to me including a parent and it didn't stop me from going out and living my life. In fact, you can find pictures of me on Facebook out partying for my friend's 25th birthday, taken less than a week after my dad's death.

Life is not TV, and not everyone responds to emotional trauma by going into a funk or deep depression for weeks on end. Many of us are not very outwardly emotional even when faced with the death of a loved one, which is why using those pictures of Casey out partying was pointless for the prosecution as it didn't hold much weight with the jurors.
Well, this explains a lot. Losing a parent is just not the same, although it is a huge loss. You are not responsible for your parents upbringing. I am not talking about just the partying, her whole attitude towards this. Just not a loving, caring parent's actions. At all. It is a feeling you just can't explain unless you have been there. I am not talking about going into a deep funk or depression, I am talking about being upset, at the VERY least. Whatever. Good, loving parents understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Just because people will move on doesn't mean they didn't lose something. Losing some or all faith in the criminal justice system is also a loss.

Not the same magnitude as losing a child, but still a loss.
I think you missed my point here. I understand what you are saying and I agree that people did feel that way about the justice system. What I am saying is that people will move on with their lives (as they should) but the ones who loved that little baby will be affected forever and every day. That's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
If you never had a child you can not imagine what pain the loss causes a parent.It is not the natural order of life...all of are faced with the loss of a parent.Believe what you wish about Casey Anthony,I don't care one way or the other but the loss of a child is not like losing a parent or even a spouse!
Exactly.
 
Old 07-25-2011, 04:48 AM
 
3,721 posts, read 3,917,788 times
Reputation: 3366
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I am not talking about going into a deep funk or depression, I am talking about being upset, at the VERY least. Whatever. Good, loving parents understand.
I agree especially regarding what is in bold. Partying it up whether a child allegedly drowned and then tossed like trash or whether a child is truly missing does not make sense. The supporters of Casey can spin it all they want, but no concerned parent will be happy, smiling, and partying when their child is missing or presumed dead and that is NOT speculation.
 
Old 07-25-2011, 05:23 AM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,731,674 times
Reputation: 16599
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
Yeah, that's what this thread turned into. It's not interesting anymore.
Yeah, I agree. It's only interesting when everyone agrees and has the same exact things to say.
 
Old 07-25-2011, 07:13 AM
 
Location: High Cotton
6,131 posts, read 6,440,063 times
Reputation: 3657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Looks like I take the crown for photo smack talk.
You definitely take the crown for unintelligent, incoherent, absurd and unreasonable smack talk.
 
Old 07-25-2011, 09:22 AM
 
3,173 posts, read 3,074,753 times
Reputation: 3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
No kids (thankfully), but I've lost people close to me including a parent and it didn't stop me from going out and living my life. In fact, you can find pictures of me on Facebook out partying for my friend's 25th birthday, taken less than a week after my dad's death.

Life is not TV, and not everyone responds to emotional trauma by going into a funk or deep depression for weeks on end. Many of us are not very outwardly emotional even when faced with the death of a loved one, which is why using those pictures of Casey out partying was pointless for the prosecution as it didn't hold much weight with the jurors.
Maybe the (thankfully) after "No kids" is the reason that you can't figure this whole thing out.
 
Old 07-25-2011, 09:29 AM
 
3,173 posts, read 3,074,753 times
Reputation: 3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yeah, I agree. It's only interesting when everyone agrees and has the same exact things to say.
It is interesting when you can post your thoughts, opinions without a watcher at the gate jumping on every idea, thought presented and trying to shoot it down by trying to constantly prove that only his/her opinions are the correct ones. Over and over and over again. It does get a little old and boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top