U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-25-2011, 09:35 AM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,728,370 times
Reputation: 16599

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
It is interesting when you can post your thoughts, opinions without a watcher at the gate jumping on every idea, thought presented and trying to shoot it down by trying to constantly prove that only his/her opinions are the correct ones. Over and over and over again. It does get a little old and boring.
Then ignore him. He isn't doing anything wrong. He isn't breaking TOS.

 
Old 07-25-2011, 09:37 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX
4,753 posts, read 12,320,270 times
Reputation: 3224
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post

I think you missed my point here. I understand what you are saying and I agree that people did feel that way about the justice system. What I am saying is that people will move on with their lives (as they should) but the ones who loved that little baby will be affected forever and every day. That's all.
No, I didn't miss your point. We don't disagree, just quibbling over the degrees of loss of Caylee's family vs. people who are concerned about justice in general. A bad outcome in both cases.
 
Old 07-25-2011, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Whoville....
25,393 posts, read 30,721,001 times
Reputation: 14583
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I think you missed my point here. I understand what you are saying and I agree that people did feel that way about the justice system. What I am saying is that people will move on with their lives (as they should) but the ones who loved that little baby will be affected forever and every day. That's all.
To be honest, I question whether anyone ever loved that beautiful little girl. My gut says that if she were loved, she'd still be here. I think she was a pawn in a game. I'm sure her mother doesn't care that she was lost. I don't know about her grandparents.
 
Old 07-25-2011, 11:09 AM
 
9,911 posts, read 9,298,562 times
Reputation: 8048
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Bingo!
And I didn't even have to call any names! I was being good.
 
Old 07-25-2011, 11:13 AM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,694,472 times
Reputation: 26111
"The prosecution also had no sequence of events and their whole case was essentially "here's Caylee's body in a bag, here's Casey partying and lying and some highly questionable science saying a body may or may not have been in her trunk, so find the ***** guilty"."

And guess what, that would be enough for me.
 
Old 07-25-2011, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,925 posts, read 19,137,179 times
Reputation: 9155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
If you never had a child you can not imagine what pain the loss causes a parent.It is not the natural order of life...all of are faced with the loss of a parent.Believe what you wish about Casey Anthony,I don't care one way or the other but the loss of a child is not like losing a parent or even a spouse!
The point still stands. People have their own ways of dealing with emotional trauma and many are not as outwardly as emotional as others. There is no one size fits all answer to how someone will or should deal with their pain whether its the lose of a child, parent, spouse, whatever.

Bottom line is that it was a weak play by the prosecution and the jury made the smart decision to discard it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Maybe the (thankfully) after "No kids" is the reason that you can't figure this whole thing out.
Has more to do with me deciding a long time ago that I had no interest in having children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Then ignore him. He isn't doing anything wrong. He isn't breaking TOS.
You'll notice that the ones here starting to throw a hissy fit are the ones who "know in their heart" that Casey is guilty. I've seen this phenomenon play out about a hundred times on a couple body building and athletic forums that I post on. You'll have people there that get latched on to some diet or workout plan like it's a religion and when someone challenges their position they are always the ones to react with the most venom. This is just another example of the "we know what we know" types being beyond all logic and reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
"The prosecution also had no sequence of events and their whole case was essentially "here's Caylee's body in a bag, here's Casey partying and lying and some highly questionable science saying a body may or may not have been in her trunk, so find the ***** guilty"."

And guess what, that would be enough for me.
And that's why you'll probably never serve on a jury in a major criminal case. People like you are the first ones to get removed from the pool.
 
Old 07-25-2011, 01:51 PM
 
9,911 posts, read 9,298,562 times
Reputation: 8048
I am glad I wasn't on the jury ... we would still be there until the airheads listened to me. I would have never caved!
 
Old 07-25-2011, 01:58 PM
 
9,911 posts, read 9,298,562 times
Reputation: 8048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
To be honest, I question whether anyone ever loved that beautiful little girl. My gut says that if she were loved, she'd still be here. I think she was a pawn in a game. I'm sure her mother doesn't care that she was lost. I don't know about her grandparents.
Me too Ivory ... looking back over it she was a pawn in the Anthonys sick game. Casey vs Caylee in the battle for Cindy's attention. In addition Casey having to live in the home with her parents telling her what she could and could not do ... not that it did any good.

Who do you think placed Caylee in the trash bags and dumped her on Suburban Drive?????
 
Old 07-25-2011, 03:44 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,694,472 times
Reputation: 26111
Are you kidding? Two masters degrees, married to someome in law enforcement for 15 years, I don't even get to sut down before I am disqualified.
 
Old 07-25-2011, 04:03 PM
 
Location: Home!
8,710 posts, read 10,398,702 times
Reputation: 8511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You'll notice that the ones here starting to throw a hissy fit are the ones who "know in their heart" that Casey is guilty. I've seen this phenomenon play out about a hundred times on a couple body building and athletic forums that I post on. You'll have people there that get latched on to some diet or workout plan like it's a religion and when someone challenges their position they are always the ones to react with the most venom. This is just another example of the "we know what we know" types being beyond all logic and reason.
That is not necessarily true. If you want logic, you already got that. But, because you seem to be beyond compassion, you will not understand the rest of what others are saying (beyond logic). It is apparent you are not concerned with any gray areas. Not everything is so black and white. Just let people have their compassion for life. Most already know the reasons why the jury (like it or not) gave the verdict they did.

I wish there were more people like you who had the better judgement to realize children would just be in the way of living the life they wanted to live....BEFORE they got pregnant. Then, this and the zillion other threads about tossing your children away, would not exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top