U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-26-2011, 08:52 AM

8,696 posts, read 7,009,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I must say this is a rare case where I don't feel compassion for any of the 3 main actors--- Casey, George, Cindy...

compassion: - sympathetic consciousness of others' distress together with a desire to alleviate it.

- a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering.

I suppose in a vague, general way other family members and friends are suffering the loss of Caylee, but they've been so marginal in this case, I can't say I feel much of anything for them.
You're right. It is tough to feel compassion for them. I think that they had a lot of time to process their loss before the trial so that maybe they came off more aloof than if it had been tried right after the reality. Who knows? Could just be that they are all really whacked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Too bad the Anthony family circled the wagons to protect Casey, I believe that motive could have been easily established, and been more credible, if the prosecution had gone into Anthony family dynamics, I believe Caylee was the pawn, between Cindy and Casey. And I am sure that there were plenty of people who could have testified to that, we saw glimpses of the dynamic in some testimony.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Interesting dynamic there. Casey is the only one who seems to count to all of them including Casey. They all strike me as more concerned with appearances than what is true.
That and I think as part of their games go, their new challenge was to do and say anything to keep their child from the death penalty. I do not, however, believe they thought she would get off with no penalty to speak of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
So you have nothing? Ok.
Yeah. I will leave the beating of a dead horse to you!

Old 07-26-2011, 11:40 AM

43,861 posts, read 27,475,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I am glad I wasn't on the jury ... we would still be there until the airheads listened to me. I would have never caved!
Me either. I never would have budged.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:35 PM

18,868 posts, read 15,681,742 times
Yep, we would still be there...I would be planning Christmas sequestered.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:57 PM

9,193 posts, read 5,124,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Me either. I never would have budged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Yep, we would still be there...I would be planning Christmas sequestered.

Juror #2 not identified by name was the IT man, married with two children. Tuesday morning the vote was 6-6 for manslaughter (which I could have lived with!)

Juror #2 was the last man standing ... 11 to 1 and he caved.

I wonder how he is living with himself.
I wonder if he even thinks about it now.
I wonder how he sleeps at night.

Juror #12 the lady that worked at Publix. Called Publix and retired, packed her bags and hit the road for Michigan. Her husband is still in Florida waiting on the names of the jury members to be released and he may hit the road to Michigan too. WHY????

Would a normal person confident in their juror abilities and verdict leave job, home, hubby, tuck their tail between their legs and flee?

What are the jurors afraid of? They did their job, sorry as it may have been, but they have nothing to be afraid of. Of course the media will be like flies (or is that blow flies) on them but they can resolve that problem. Could they be ashamed of what they did?

The jury weeping and sobbing don't get it for me nor did it get it for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:11 PM

18,868 posts, read 15,681,742 times
Quote:
Could they be ashamed of what they did?

yes. I wonder now, would they consider things differently?

Old 07-26-2011, 03:20 PM

8,696 posts, read 7,009,384 times

‪She's Going Places (Caylee's Song)‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-26-2011, 03:21 PM

10,970 posts, read 9,870,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Juror #2 not identified by name was the IT man, married with two children. Tuesday morning the vote was 6-6 for manslaughter (which I could have lived with!)

Juror #2 was the last man standing ... 11 to 1 and he caved.

I wonder how he is living with himself.
I wonder if he even thinks about it now.
I wonder how he sleeps at night.

Juror #12 the lady that worked at Publix. Called Publix and retired, packed her bags and hit the road for Michigan. Her husband is still in Florida waiting on the names of the jury members to be released and he may hit the road to Michigan too. WHY????

Would a normal person confident in their juror abilities and verdict leave job, home, hubby, tuck their tail between their legs and flee?

What are the jurors afraid of? They did their job, sorry as it may have been, but they have nothing to be afraid of. Of course the media will be like flies (or is that blow flies) on them but they can resolve that problem. Could they be ashamed of what they did?

The jury weeping and sobbing don't get it for me nor did it get it for Caylee Marie Anthony.
Might have something to do with the many crazy people who can't handle the verdict like adults. Like say, this woman...

Old 07-26-2011, 04:25 PM

I came across this post, made my a defense lawyer who actually lives in Florida, on one of the car forums I visit occasionally. Nothing real new or shocking, but interesting none the less.

Quote:
Oh, another thought: although it didn't seem to "pop" for a lot of others, I realized the State was in trouble as I analyzed the logic of their closing argument. In particular, the male ASA (I forget his name -- hey, this isn't MY life...) made a big deal about how grandpa was such a loving, doting grandparent that he would simply never be involved in the death and disposal of Caylee.

Bad argument.

If this were true, then why didn't loving grandpa make that all important call to 911 IMMEDIATELY when the little girl went missing. Hey, if it were MY child or grandchild (phew, I don't have any of those yet -- but they're coming...), I'd be on the phone to the cops THE INSTANT that I became convinced that we had an unexplained/suspicious absence. Everybody pounds Casey for the long delay in reporting her child missing -- why is almost everyone silent about the fact that the grandpa also failed to make the call??? These folks knew Casey is a mess, and if I were in that situation, that would make me call even more quickly, especially after hearing the first hint of a strange story.

Why not make that call Grandpa Anthony? He's a former cop, and if his suspicion had ended up being unfounded, at worst, it would have been an awkward moment for all that would have soon passed. My conclusion: there was no reason NOT to call -- unless he was hiding something.

Again, I don't know how the poor girl died, and frankly, I don't think I want to find out. Whatever happened, IF Casey is involved, I doubt she was involved alone.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:38 PM

1,414 posts, read 2,500,090 times
Oh for goodness sake, that shows how little the "Florida defense attorney" knows about this case. People should be spec'd up on case details if they decide to comment about it. But then, it was a car forum...

Old 07-26-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
Oh for goodness sake, that shows how little the "Florida defense attorney" knows about this case. People should be spec'd up on case details if they decide to comment about it. But then, it was a car forum...
And what exactly is your contention with his post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime