U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2011, 05:56 PM

3,173 posts, read 3,078,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I came across this post, made my a defense lawyer who actually lives in Florida, on one of the car forums I visit occasionally. Nothing real new or shocking, but interesting none the less.
Because the "loving, doting grampa" was so henpecked by the loving, doting gramma that he was afraid to "p o o p" without her permission and she took charge of everything oe "else".
Very simple. It was a heil hitler (no capital letters for this control freak either) situation and evidently still is.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:58 PM

13,934 posts, read 19,163,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Because the "loving, doting grampa" was so henpecked by the loving, doting gramma that he was afraid to "p o o p" without her permission and she took charge of everything oe "else".
Very simple. It was a heil hitler (no capital letters for this control freak either) situation and evidently still is.
Fair point. I'd still think a former police officer and loving grandfather could find the stones to do something about his missing granddaughter, but I see your logic too.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:58 PM

9,914 posts, read 9,308,889 times
Judge Perry will release jurors names in 3 months ... October!

Judge Perry delays release of Casey Anthony juror names

Old 07-26-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Judge Perry will release jurors names in 3 months ... October!

Judge Perry delays release of Casey Anthony juror names
Good move. Much of the emotion will have died down by then.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I agree ... when Cindy said JUMP ... all the Anthonys just asked how high???

Old 07-26-2011, 07:33 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,759,150 times
Quote:
Might have something to do with the many crazy people who can't handle the verdict like adults. Like say, this woman...
Exactly. And seriously? If you are going to call for 12 people's heads on a platter, could you at least spell it right?!

Old 07-27-2011, 06:12 AM

3,173 posts, read 3,078,206 times
Quote:
Fair point. I'd still think a former police officer and loving grandfather could find the stones to do something about his missing granddaughter, but I see your logic too.
He is a "former" police officer because Comrade Cindy wanted him to quit to work with his father in his used car business. They say George ended up shoving his father into or through a plate glass window, Cindy's brother spoke of this.
Cindy handled everything to do with Casey because George knew when she was lying and would lose his temper.
George could not hold down a job after he left the sheriffs office and had just started a new job. It makes complete sense that Cindy would tell him to go to work and she would "handle" things. Cindy had been in daily contact with Casey and the car had been there for 2 weeks. George knew that Casey was safe. He even stated at the trial that at that time he did not believe that his daughter would kill his grand daughter.
He knew the smell of decomp was in the car but could not let himself believe it and Cindy would not let him believe it either.
Once he said "the dead body that was in the car was not my grand daughter!!!"
He knew but couldn't accept what he knew.
In the case of a cheating husband, they say "the wife is always the last to know" but she is really the first to know. She just doesn't want to believe it.

Last edited by mag32gie; 07-27-2011 at 06:22 AM..

Old 07-27-2011, 09:32 PM

22,764 posts, read 16,845,978 times
Quote:
Juror #2 not identified by name was the IT man, married with two children. Tuesday morning the vote was 6-6 for manslaughter (which I could have lived with!)

Juror #2 was the last man standing ... 11 to 1 and he caved.

I wonder how he is living with himself.
I wonder if he even thinks about it now.
I wonder how he sleeps at night.

Juror #12 the lady that worked at Publix. Called Publix and retired, packed her bags and hit the road for Michigan. Her husband is still in Florida waiting on the names of the jury members to be released and he may hit the road to Michigan too. WHY????

Would a normal person confident in their juror abilities and verdict leave job, home, hubby, tuck their tail between their legs and flee?

What are the jurors afraid of? They did their job, sorry as it may have been, but they have nothing to be afraid of. Of course the media will be like flies (or is that blow flies) on them but they can resolve that problem. Could they be ashamed of what they did?

The jury weeping and sobbing don't get it for me nor did it get it for Caylee Marie Anthony.
Oh, I don't know, maybe the fricken lynch mob that goes around attacking people who look like Casey, putting up signs saying jurors not welcome, the vitriol and venom spouting forth from thousands of mouths, the fear of danger...

Gee, I couldn't possibly understand what they are afraid of.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh, I don't know, maybe the fricken lynch mob that goes around attacking people who look like Casey, putting up signs saying jurors not welcome, the vitriol and venom spouting forth from thousands of mouths, the fear of danger...

Gee, I couldn't possibly understand what they are afraid of.

That is why we have law enforcement!

Reached by telephone Tuesday evening, alternate juror Dean Edward Eckstadt wouldn't comment. He was actually the first one to come forward and comment. He wasn't even in on the deliberations.

"I'd really rather not say anything on the phone," he said. "There's a lot of headaches when we all talk to you guys."

Eckstadt said "fellow jurors have said they don't want each other talking to the media."

Eckstadt's comment is down in the article. I can't help but wonder why they would feel the need to make this decision or agreement as a group. Why the need to discuss it at all? Why not leave that up to each individual? Then, of course, there were those that apparently broke ranks and talked anyway.

Judge delays release of Casey Anthony juror names - OrlandoSentinel.com

I think they are more ashamed of their verdict than afraid of anything.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:34 AM

Quote:
That is why we have law enforcement!
Using that logic, alot of people...Caylee included...should still be here, right? Or are we forgetting cases like Castle Rock v. Gonzales?

Quote:
I can't help but wonder why they would feel the need to make this decision or agreement as a group. Why the need to discuss it at all? Why not leave that up to each individual? Then, of course, there were those that apparently broke ranks and talked anyway.
I imagine that it probably had to do with them knowing what the backlash would be.

Quote:
I think they are more ashamed of their verdict than afraid of anything.
Wow, you're desperately trying to convince yourself that the jury believes they screwed up. I'm sure Judge Perry is keeping their names out of the media for that same reason too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or