Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2011, 06:55 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,706 times

Advertisements

Maybe they need to have a "deliberation" to get their story straight.
To come up with a decent reason why they took 10 hours with lunch included to dismiss everything the state presented in favor of Baez's crucify George Anthony logic.
But then, the more I think about it George Anthony and his wife Cindy were probably in on it.
The only loser in this family was Caylee.
This is why we are having a hard time with this verdict.
The whole family circled wagons to get the murderer off.
Now 250,000 is not enough for their "interview", they need to make enough to retire.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:00 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,054,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Why? Short of absolutely gross misconduct (which we have no reason to believe took place) there are no repercussions they could suffer.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:16 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Why? Short of absolutely gross misconduct (which we have no reason to believe took place) there are no repercussions they could suffer.
Why are they afraid to come out alone? Why have they decided to ban together?
Could they feel embarrassed by their verdict? I would be ashamed if I voted not guilty because I was swayed by a stronger personality. 2 people thought she was guilty but changed their verdict. 2/3 of the world who watched the trial thought those 2 were right.
If I was the stronger personality that won, I would want to keep myself covered within the group.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Why are they afraid to come out alone?
With the exception of a couple, they've been afraid to come out period. One has even left the state.

Quote:
Could they feel embarrassed by their verdict?
Probably not, nor should they. At least one of them (Ford) was asked if she would be able to sleep at night knowing she may have let a killer go free and she flat out said "I'll sleep fine".

Quote:
I would be ashamed if I voted not guilty because I was swayed by a stronger personality. 2 people thought she was guilty but changed their verdict. 2/3 of the world who watched the trial thought those 2 were right. If I was the stronger personality that won, I would want to keep myself covered within the group.
You're really looking for something to hang over them it looks like.

Look, jurors change their mind on during deliberations. That's how deliberation works. There is nothing wrong with doing so. As for the "strong personality" well he must have had the compelling argument if the others changed their minds.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:53 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,148,202 times
There is an excellent essay on Law.com regarding the failure of the jury in this particular case.

Quote:
There was a finite universe of possibilities as to what happened to Caylee. When you rule out the impossible, the prosecution's proof — sufficient to support a conviction — becomes irrefutable. Too bad not one juror saw fit to press that view for even one full day.
Reasonable doubts in the Casey Anthony trial?

This article also points out that Baez never had any evidence to prove his preposterous drowning story, which is why the judge instructed him not to bother to bring it up again during his closing arguments...and he did not. It was the jury's responsibility to pay attention to these details.

I think forming a lynch mob is archaic, but I do think it is fair to bring out the laziness and lack of responsibility they showed. The people who were holding out, should have demanded a review of evidence, not a 10 hour cave in.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
There is an excellent essay on Law.com regarding the failure of the jury in this particular case.

Reasonable doubts in the Casey Anthony trial?
Interesting, well written piece. There are a couple problems with it though. He calls out the jury for saying the cause and time of death were not shown, but the fact is they were not. They were able to come up with a general estimation for the time of death based on body decomposition, but it was not narrow enough to be real useful. Cause of death was impossible to determine as well due to the decomposition. He also goes on talking about the chloroform despite no traces of the chemical being found on the remains. These were all central pieces to the case that even the prosecution admitted were somewhat weak.

Regardless of the obvious issues, I'll give him credit for his work. Since he's the first legal expert to take this stance (to my knowledge) it'll be interesting to hear any rebuttals from that field.

Quote:
This article also points out that Baez never had any evidence to prove his preposterous drowning story, which is why the judge instructed him not to bother to bring it up again during his closing arguments...and he did not. It was the jury's responsibility to pay attention to these details.
Wrong. They were not allowed to bring up the molestation claim.

Casey Anthony Trial: Closing Arguments Begin; Molestation Claim Thrown Out, Christian News

Old 07-28-2011, 09:07 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,633,292 times
Quote:
Good move. Much of the emotion will have died down by then.
Don't bet on it.......

Old 07-28-2011, 09:07 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,148,202 times
Quote:

Wrong. They were not allowed to bring up the molestation claim.

Casey Anthony Trial: Closing Arguments Begin; Molestation Claim Thrown Out, Christian News
You are right....

Old 07-28-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
You are right....
No worries. It happens to us all. To some of us (read: me) it happens everyday.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:43 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,961,705 times
Quote:
To come up with a decent reason why they took 10 hours with lunch included to dismiss everything the state presented in favor of Baez's crucify George Anthony logic.
Their bags were probably packed and they just needed to have a little 'group' meeting to agree they would not talk to the press. Lunch and their little meeting took up some of the 10 hours and 40 minutes.

There is no way ... NONE ... the Pinellas 12 could have reviewed ALL the evidence presented .... reviewed and comprehended the 26 pages of jury instructions ... had lunch ... and reached a "not guilty" verdict.

Quote:
But then, the more I think about it George Anthony and his wife Cindy were probably in on it.
JMHO I agree ... the Anthonys pulled the biggest con job on the State of Florida, the Florida taxpayers and the justice system.

Quote:
The only loser in this family was Caylee. This is why we are having a hard time with this verdict.
You are absolutely right. I don't want to see any harm to the Pinellas 12 nor the Anthonys but I certainly don't wish to see them profit from Caylee Marie Anthony's death. I will never agree with the verdict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.