U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-30-2011, 06:44 AM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,727,414 times
Reputation: 26118

Advertisements

Remember during the OJ trial, when DNA evidence was still quite new, that the police were on trial for planting evidence to frame OJ, but everyone called DNA evidence "junk" science. Now it is the norm at most trials, and accepted as gospel.

 
Old 07-30-2011, 07:13 AM
 
Location: Whoville....
25,393 posts, read 30,746,688 times
Reputation: 14583
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Remember during the OJ trial, when DNA evidence was still quite new, that the police were on trial for planting evidence to frame OJ, but everyone called DNA evidence "junk" science. Now it is the norm at most trials, and accepted as gospel.
And it has exhonerated many people who were in prison....
 
Old 07-31-2011, 02:49 PM
 
Location: Florida
21,660 posts, read 11,130,115 times
Reputation: 7888
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
The jurors should be made to wear a dunce cap and a big two-sided sign for the next 12 months that says "I'M STUPID".
They wouldn't even have to wear the sign or cap, just a sign we are the'' 12 jurors from the Casey Anthony trial,'' we all know they are stupid!
 
Old 07-31-2011, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Florida
21,660 posts, read 11,130,115 times
Reputation: 7888
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Concluding Caylee's body was in the trunk because chloroform and the smell of a body were in the trunk involves connecting a dot. Casey's lies about Caylee's location mean more dots to connect. Toss in all the other circumstantial evidence and, my goodness, how can a jury connect All those dots.

The jury was dotless.
 
Old 08-01-2011, 06:58 AM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,408 posts, read 16,483,887 times
Reputation: 8777
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Maybe the (thankfully) after "No kids" is the reason that you can't figure this whole thing out.
People respond to grief differently. Some people do not and can not mourn until quite a time after a death, being in a sort of denial. Medical personnel advise that a person be allowed to face the situation whenever it comes to the surface for them and not to force mourning to impress lookers on.

Her dad was a cop, no? I can envision a scenerio in which the child died accidentally and the mom being advised that the best thing she can do is to carry on as though nothing happened.

You have to realize, too, that some people have a horror of being alone in such a circumstance and try to drown out their sorrow by activity, noise, and booze.

There are so many times in which innocent people have been suspected of wrongdoing merely because they don't behave as 'normal' people would.
 
Old 08-01-2011, 10:18 AM
 
Location: Whoville....
25,393 posts, read 30,746,688 times
Reputation: 14583
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
People respond to grief differently. Some people do not and can not mourn until quite a time after a death, being in a sort of denial. Medical personnel advise that a person be allowed to face the situation whenever it comes to the surface for them and not to force mourning to impress lookers on.

Her dad was a cop, no? I can envision a scenerio in which the child died accidentally and the mom being advised that the best thing she can do is to carry on as though nothing happened.

You have to realize, too, that some people have a horror of being alone in such a circumstance and try to drown out their sorrow by activity, noise, and booze.

There are so many times in which innocent people have been suspected of wrongdoing merely because they don't behave as 'normal' people would.
While I agree...LYING about where your child is for a month goes way beyond grieving in a different way....I can understand grieving in your own time but lying and partying while you know your child rots in a swamp???? NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!
 
Old 08-01-2011, 06:16 PM
 
3,173 posts, read 3,077,232 times
Reputation: 3699
I just can't get the picture out of my mind when she showed her teeth in the courtroom
That was just plain scary. We saw all of the pictures of her posing and smiling and then we see that awful look, I keep wondering if Caylee saw that look. It just really stayed with me.
 
Old 08-02-2011, 01:47 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,902,119 times
Reputation: 17987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
A couple problems here.

Personally, I'd like to juror names exempted from the public record law as there is really no good reason to give that information out. I think Judge Perry probably would have liked to have had that option in this case.
IMO, jurors names shouldn't be public record for any trial.
 
Old 08-02-2011, 01:51 PM
 
Location: High Cotton
6,131 posts, read 6,444,619 times
Reputation: 3657
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
IMO, jurors names shouldn't be public record for any trial.
This jury should have tattoos on their foreheads that says STUPID.
 
Old 08-02-2011, 03:43 PM
 
Location: Old Town Alexandria
14,505 posts, read 23,781,794 times
Reputation: 8838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
First off, why couldn't you have just posted this in the existing thread? Not trying to be a jerk here, but there was nothing special about this post that required it's on thread.

And once again, I'm reminded of the quote by the late Supreme Court Justice, Oliver Wendell Holmes.

"This is a court of law, young man, not a court of justice."

What change did you have in mind?

CAYLEESLAW.COM

I care about abused children, not a white trash defendant who got off scot free.

Its all good tho. With caseys lifestyle shes circling the drain already. Water seeks its own level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top