U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-02-2011, 05:30 PM

18,870 posts, read 13,496,346 times
I think that Orange county was not prepared for Casey to be let out scott free, they were scrambling, with how to release the child killer. I was surprised that there was no probation on the theft charges, obviously, probation cannot be served in jail.

But Cheney's bluster is a bunch of hot air, it is not unusual to treat each charge and court issues separately, like if someone had drug charges, and theft charges, along with reckless driving, they are usaually done by different judges, and the paperwork gets straightened out. Cheney looks like a fool.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Status: "Never really know a killer from a savior..." (set 23 days ago)

10,552 posts, read 8,795,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I care about abused children, not a white trash defendant who got off scot free.
Then with all due respect, why are you posting here? Caylee has been dead for over 3 years now. Shouldn't it be time to move on and worry about the kids who are still alive?

Old 08-02-2011, 07:12 PM

1,414 posts, read 2,219,638 times
Quote:
But Cheney's bluster is a bunch of hot air, it is not unusual to treat each charge and court issues separately, like if someone had drug charges, and theft charges, along with reckless driving, they are usaually done by different judges, and the paperwork gets straightened out. Cheney looks like a fool.
On Tv this evening I heard Cheney Mason saying "We won and you lost" (nanny-nanny-boo-boo style). Did I hear that right? It was so ungracious, from one who would win at any cost (read: via the marginally if not completely unethical opening argument not supported by any evidence) and not about justice. Add his demeanor to his finger gesturing ways, and he acts more like a child than most children I know...quite unbecoming for one who is rated a "super lawyer." I guess you can be a real classless jerk and still get an AV rating.

Anyway, I hope those who followed this case can let go of the anger and move forward. The child killer doesn't warrant any more of the public's attention.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:43 PM

14,334 posts, read 14,724,479 times
Exclamation true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The jury was dotless.
If they were anything similar to that Ford person, and the alternate "Russell Hueckler" he said there was "no smoking gun" ...lol..they made their minds up the first day, and ignored the science because it was too complex for them.

Atty Mark Nejame mentioned that its rare for eyewitness testimony and noncircumstatial criminal cases to be clear....MOST criminal cases are circumstantial.

Clearly the jury was comprised of a few who watch CSI or whatever, and think a+b= c ALWAYS...they also had no critical thinking ability and it is a travesty of justice.

justicequest forum people mentioned professional panels of jurors. People who read and have an ability to reason.

At least Judge Perry ordered a cooling off period. The juror #11 should go back to her Publix job, as by then no one cares what they will have to say after letting a murderer walk free.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:43 AM

43,862 posts, read 25,314,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Then with all due respect, why are you posting here? Caylee has been dead for over 3 years now. Shouldn't it be time to move on and worry about the kids who are still alive?
dreamofmonterey has been posting on this thread since the beginning. Her opinion is just as valid as any other poster.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post

Late this afternoon paperwork was prepared to be signed Monday by Judge Strickland requiring Casey Anthony to return to Orange County to serve one year probation for the check fraud charges. You cannot serve probation in jail. Probation starts when you leave jail.

' ...
Yep...just about the time we were just happy she was away from our town. She's like the cockroach you can't get rid of.

The best quote I heard locally as to where she could possibly be staying during her probation was that perhaps Baez would like to hire her as a nanny.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:11 AM

4,319 posts, read 1,025,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
People respond to grief differently. Some people do not and can not mourn until quite a time after a death, being in a sort of denial. Medical personnel advise that a person be allowed to face the situation whenever it comes to the surface for them and not to force mourning to impress lookers on.

Her dad was a cop, no? I can envision a scenerio in which the child died accidentally and the mom being advised that the best thing she can do is to carry on as though nothing happened.

You have to realize, too, that some people have a horror of being alone in such a circumstance and try to drown out their sorrow by activity, noise, and booze.

There are so many times in which innocent people have been suspected of wrongdoing merely because they don't behave as 'normal' people would.
Can we be slightly realistic ? How many mothers have you heard of 'grieved' the way Casey did after her child accidentally died ? I'll answer for you--- None.

I know there are cases where unusual behavior cast suspicion on or contributed to convicting the wrong person. OTOH, there are many more cases where very odd behavior cast suspicion on the guilty person, as in this case.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:29 AM

21,239 posts, read 15,037,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Can we be slightly realistic ? How many mothers have you heard of 'grieved' the way Casey did after her child accidentally died ? I'll answer for you--- None.

I know there are cases where unusual behavior cast suspicion on or contributed to convicting the wrong person. OTOH, there are many more cases where very odd behavior cast suspicion on the guilty person, as in this case.
Grieving mothers don't lie about their child being abducted....a month ago.....when cornered. That is something only someone with something to hide would do. She doesn't care that her daughter died. She cares only for herself. Someone who cared about the child would have been out looking for her from day one....unless she knew she was already dead...and then I guess the correct response, according to some here, is to go party....NOT!!! She either partied because she was glad to be rid of her daughter or to throw the scent off of her. To make it look like everything was normal to buy as much time as possible while her daughter's body rotted and evidence that could convict her was lost. I'd say her plan worked pretty well.

Her actions have nothing to do with delayed grief and everything to do with Casey protecting the only person Casey has ever cared about and that is Casey.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:31 AM

14,236 posts, read 7,883,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
CAYLEESLAW.COM

I care about abused children, not a white trash defendant who got off scot free.

Its all good tho. With caseys lifestyle shes circling the drain already. Water seeks its own level.
That law will do nothing.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
That law will do nothing.
I don't know. HAD such a law been in place, she would have at least been a shew in for a felony. It may come in handy for any copy-cat crimes out there where people think they can get by not reporting a dead child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime