U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 02:44 PM

455 posts, read 475,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
Our whole system is out of control. The media - live interviews, book deals, movie deals - all should be banned in this case. Everyone wants their $$$ and their 15 minutes of fame.

I am totally sick to my stomach and this heinous individual who shows NO good qualities at all is out in a few days. Heaven help us all. She blatantly lied, stole, deceived and it's on video!! My gosh, how much more do you need?

She is a police officer's daughter - I'm sure she knew about decomposition. Leave the body long enough and you won't know the cause of death.

I also believe the whole abuse thing is totally made up. God knows why her parents love her - it's just not evident to the majority of the public.

Poor little Caylee.

The Myth of Our Weak Justice System

April 29, 2011

Ask the general public if they think our justice system is too weak and has too many loop holes for criminals to get off and I would bet my life savings that the overwhelming answer to that would be “yes, of course”. Our legal system is set up to protect the guilty there’s just too many ways to beat the system. We know that in a democracy you’re supposed to be innocent until proven guilty but this is ridiculous, right. I mean we’ve all seen the movie where the villain gets off because of some loop hole in our legal system. If only there wasn’t so many ways for these lowlifes to beat the system.
Well then I think you will be glad to know that this couldn’t be more farther from the truth. This might be one of the biggest myths in the American culture today. The fact is the US has one of the highest rates of conviction when someone is arrested then anywhere in the world. “Between 2000 and 2005, 99% of the 435,000 federal criminal defendants prosecuted nationwide were convicted” That’s right a 99% conviction rate! No other democratic country comes even close. Our only competition is communist China. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? The truth is that in this country you are guilty until you are able to prove yourself innocent.
Not only do we have one of the highest conviction rates in the world we also have more people in prison per capita than any other country in the world. The US has 23.6% of the world’s prison population and 748 per 100 000 behinds bars. That’s right more the any of the communist countries, more than any of the countries that are run by corrupt dictators, war lords, and insane maniacs. How in the world is that possible the US is the single greatest, best, freest country God ever gave man right? The fact is that it’s not. It’s just not possible to be the freest country in the world while putting more of your citizens behind bars than anyone else.
So rest assured America, there’s no need to worry when that evil villain gets arrested, the hero can take the day off cause there’s a 99% chance that the villain is going to jail. There are no legal loop holes for criminals to exploit, only a thin vale of protection for our rights in our pretend democracy. The truth is more innocent people our convicted of crimes that they did not commit then there are guilty people beating the system and getting off scot free.

Your basing your opinions on pure Emotion, the fact that you and many other were so convinced and positive is alarming!

Old 07-05-2011, 02:46 PM

3,813 posts, read 3,089,320 times
Most of the people who have responded have no idea or clue what they are talking about. They are speaking from emotion and our criminal justice system does not work that way.

Simple fact: The evidence, beyond a reasonable doubt, was not there. The jury did as instructed by a court of law. Not the court of public opinion.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:49 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,050,195 times
If we are finding the verdict this disgusting, how do you feel the poor people on the jury feel? I am sure they all feel the same way we do that she probably did it, but if the prosecution didn't bring enough to convict their hands were tied.

Imagine what it was like in that room. Most of them probably wanted to vote guilty from gut instinct, but were not able to. I can see possibly some of the jurors having extremely guilty feelings over this. I am sure more than a few tears of frustration were shed. I feel sorry for the jury.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:50 PM

1,029 posts, read 943,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Most of the people who have responded have no idea or clue what they are talking about. They are speaking from emotion and our criminal justice system does not work that way.

Simple fact: The evidence, beyond a reasonable doubt, was not there. The jury did as instructed by a court of law. Not the court of public opinion.
False. The evidence, beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey was involved in the death of Caylee was there. The verdict should have been manslaughter. Human decomposition in the trunk of her car and deliberate efforts by her to deter law enforcement and family from invesitigating Caylee's dissapearance. People have been convicted with much less evidence.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:52 PM

2,727 posts, read 4,590,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Simple fact: The evidence, beyond a reasonable doubt, was not there.
Human decomposition isn't evidence?

Old 07-05-2011, 02:52 PM

11,420 posts, read 12,149,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
If we are finding the verdict this disgusting, how do you feel the poor people on the jury feel? I am sure they all feel the same way we do that she probably did it, but if the prosecution didn't bring enough to convict their hands were tied.

Imagine what it was like in that room. Most of them probably wanted to vote guilty from gut instinct, but were not able to. I can see possibly some of the jurors having extremely guilty feelings over this. I am sure more than a few tears of frustration were shed. I feel sorry for the jury.

disagree. I have no idea what that jury was thinking but if one of them-just one walked out feeling disgusted with the verdict then they should also feel guilty for allowing the child killer to go free.And should have held out for a hung jury.
Who will protect the next child this POS has? And she will have another..........oh yea-she will.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:53 PM

12,050 posts, read 21,441,684 times
Something in that court room created a reasonable doubt in the minds of the jury....
This is how our justice system works

If she did do it she has to live with that and eventually be judged by a higher authority

4,018 posts, read 5,679,222 times
There was plenty of evidence...the blanket, the laundry bag, the duct tape, the clothing she was found in, the heart stickers, the dog hits...all from the Anthony home. And her actions after her daughter went missing spoke volumes.

I guess they all bought into Baez opening argument that it was an accident that got covered up.

There was ALOT less physical evidence in the Scott Peterson case and he is sitting on death row. And we still don't know how he actually killed them, or where.

Maybe her life outside of prison will be enough HXXX for her. Can you imagine all of them living in the Anthony household now???

32,467 posts, read 24,455,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
IMO, this case and situation is a perfect example of how easily we can be manipulated by the media.
FWIW I'm a former member of the media. Who knows exactly what they do to tug at people's heart strings and rile them up. (I'm speaking of Nancy Grace here to be specific.)

Personally, I based my opinion on listening to the direct feed from the courtroom.

I realise this was a huge legal victory. But I'm from the Larry Fitzgerald school of touchdowns. After you streak across the field with the ball you act like you've done it before and you are going to do it again and you hand the ball to the ref. The celebrations are at home with your family and friends. But maybe that's just me. And Larry.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:55 PM

12,050 posts, read 21,441,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
IMO, this case and situation is a perfect example of how easily we can be manipulated by the media.
jury was sequestered, therefore didn't witness the media circus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime