U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-05-2011, 03:18 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,751,871 times
Reputation: 26119

Advertisements

And George and Cindy may have more Grandchildren from Casey...I am ill just typing it.

This family is beyond a mess.

 
Old 07-05-2011, 03:19 PM
 
Location: Abilene, Texas
8,746 posts, read 7,745,776 times
Reputation: 55865
I think the prosecution screwed up this case. I think Casey is guilty but the prosecution simply set the charges too high given the circumstantial evidence they had. The burden of proof for murder in the 1st degree is very high. If they had charged her with manslaughter for example instead of murder in the 1st they may have gotten a conviction. The saddest thing is that there is no justice for Caylee.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 03:25 PM
 
12,329 posts, read 18,437,797 times
Reputation: 19242
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
If they had charged her with manslaughter for example instead of murder in the 1st they may have gotten a conviction. The saddest thing is that there is no justice for Caylee.
She was charged with manslaughter as an optional lessor charge.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 03:26 PM
 
32,532 posts, read 30,697,051 times
Reputation: 32350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
IMO, this case and situation is a perfect example of how easily we can be manipulated by the media.
Morgain, I'd like to add that a lot of the people posting here I've come to know from other CD forums. There are some very smart posters with a lot of common sense (IMO) who think she is guilty.

Kudos to the Anthony family for a generous, well-thought-out statement. They're handling a very tricky situation with a lot of grace, IMO.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Connecticut
2,727 posts, read 5,371,667 times
Reputation: 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
And George and Cindy may have more Grandchildren from Casey...I am ill just typing it.
Makes me sick too.

I think ANYONE in a situation like this should be sterilized. To he** with rights in a case like this.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 03:38 PM
 
12,870 posts, read 13,149,992 times
Reputation: 4453
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
And George and Cindy may have more Grandchildren from Casey...I am ill just typing it.

This family is beyond a mess.
it would be nice if they all just went away, but somehow i just don't see that happening.

that apple didn't fall far from the tree.

i can't even put into words how sad i am that this little girl will never have any justice-that she only lived 2 short years and that our society, as a whole, let her down with a judicial system that is clearly broken.

how many other children and young girls (and boys, like kyron) are never going to get justice because of human error or incompetence?

i would like to pose ONE question to those jurors-do they at all believe that the "real killer" is going to be caught some time in the future?

you know darn well they know who the killer is, but either the instructions "confused" them, or maybe they are just cowards who can't bring themselves to convict a guilty person when that person and their family are facing them and "crying".(in other words, they don't want the RESPONSIBILITY of a conviction)

who had the motive?
who researched the method?
who was the last person to see her alive?
who partied after the death and started her "new life"?
who behaved totally abnormally for a grieving mother?
who else would put duct tape on a child who drowned "accidentally", with the tape from the anthony home even.
who else would LIE about the entire situation?

what NORMAL people do that?????
 
Old 07-05-2011, 03:39 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,783 posts, read 16,859,428 times
Reputation: 26318
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
If the shoe fits. FL for many, many, reasons has a bad reputation.

They were fist fighting on more than one occasion(and they were locals) to get seats for the trial.

Some of them were acting like they were on line for a Bon Jovi concert.

The jury asked no questions, none.

One of them wanted to get done with it as they had plans to go on vacation out of the country.

And you have PLENTY of posts on here complaining about FL and the people...that is why you left the state.

And I wouldn't say "that is the end of it", FL is loaded with whack jobs, I wouldn't be surprised if she isn't attacked or worse.
I had plenty of posts complaining about the RUDENESS in Miami, not the entire state of FL. Never, in any of my posts, did I ever say, "All the people in FL are stupid." Rude and stupid are two different things. Miami is ONE city in FL, it is NOT the entire state nor is it representative of the entire state.

In fact, you would fit in nicely in Miami.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 03:48 PM
 
Location: southern born and southern bred
12,478 posts, read 14,966,365 times
Reputation: 19530
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
it would be nice if they all just went away, but somehow i just don't see that happening.

that apple didn't fall far from the tree.

i can't even put into words how sad i am that this little girl will never have any justice-that she only lived 2 short years and that our society, as a whole, let her down with a judicial system that is clearly broken.

how many other children and young girls (and boys, like kyron) are never going to get justice because of human error or incompetence?

i would like to pose ONE question to those jurors-do they at all believe that the "real killer" is going to be caught some time in the future?

you know darn well they know who the killer is, but either the instructions "confused" them, or maybe they are just cowards who can't bring themselves to convict a guilty person when that person and their family are facing them and "crying".(in other words, they don't want the RESPONSIBILITY of a conviction)

who had the motive?
who researched the method?
who was the last person to see her alive?
who partied after the death and started her "new life"?
who behaved totally abnormally for a grieving mother?
who else would put duct tape on a child who drowned "accidentally", with the tape from the anthony home even.
who else would LIE about the entire situation?

what NORMAL people do that?????
I would like to ask the members of the jury if they would allow Casey to babysit for their children or grandchildren
 
Old 07-05-2011, 03:48 PM
 
288 posts, read 133,936 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Morgain, I'd like to add that a lot of the people posting here I've come to know from other CD forums. There are some very smart posters with a lot of common sense (IMO) who think she is guilty.

Kudos to the Anthony family for a generous, well-thought-out statement. They're handling a very tricky situation with a lot of grace, IMO.
I agree with you. There are many very bright and thoughtful people posting in this True Crime forum who also think she is guilty. I can understand that. I definitely have a pro-defense bias. But I've spent a lot of time working in the system and observing trials, and sometimes the verdicts go the other way. Every lawyer I know says it's impossible to predict what a jury will do, and I agree. I knew that I felt the state had not proven their case to me, but I didn't know what the jury would think.

I agree that the Anthony family is handling this situation with grace. Now, hopefully the public will settle down and leave them alone. Wishful thinking, I know.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 03:51 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,783 posts, read 16,859,428 times
Reputation: 26318
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
Human decomposition isn't evidence?
If we are talking about the trunk of her car, it was my understanding that it was a "smell" not necessarily actual evidence. Did I miss something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top