U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-05-2011, 03:55 PM
 
Location: right here
4,131 posts, read 4,786,457 times
Reputation: 4868

Advertisements

Disgusting...I cannot believe how stupid this country is becoming ..

 
Old 07-05-2011, 03:55 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 84,056,192 times
Reputation: 18051
Unbelievebale;says alot abut our values.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 03:57 PM
 
32,532 posts, read 30,720,662 times
Reputation: 32350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
I agree that the Anthony family is handling this situation with grace. Now, hopefully the public will settle down and leave them alone. Wishful thinking, I know.
Were I them I'd give one MAJOR media interview than disappear. Ann Curry would be my choice. Prime time. Then bye, bye and start a new life.

BTW: I think Casey is going to live with a member of the defense team or the staff. At least until things settle down.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 03:57 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
13,829 posts, read 18,836,905 times
Reputation: 24524
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
disagree. I have no idea what that jury was thinking but if one of them-just one walked out feeling disgusted with the verdict then they should also feel guilty for allowing the child killer to go free.And should have held out for a hung jury.
Who will protect the next child this POS has? And she will have another..........oh yea-she will.
I hope you are wrong that she will have another child . If she does I hope that George and Cindy have the good sense to take it away from her .
 
Old 07-05-2011, 03:59 PM
 
288 posts, read 134,120 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
it would be nice if they all just went away, but somehow i just don't see that happening.

that apple didn't fall far from the tree.

i can't even put into words how sad i am that this little girl will never have any justice-that she only lived 2 short years and that our society, as a whole, let her down with a judicial system that is clearly broken.

how many other children and young girls (and boys, like kyron) are never going to get justice because of human error or incompetence?

i would like to pose ONE question to those jurors-do they at all believe that the "real killer" is going to be caught some time in the future?

you know darn well they know who the killer is, but either the instructions "confused" them, or maybe they are just cowards who can't bring themselves to convict a guilty person when that person and their family are facing them and "crying".(in other words, they don't want the RESPONSIBILITY of a conviction)

who had the motive?
who researched the method?
who was the last person to see her alive?
who partied after the death and started her "new life"?
who behaved totally abnormally for a grieving mother?
who else would put duct tape on a child who drowned "accidentally", with the tape from the anthony home even.
who else would LIE about the entire situation?

what NORMAL people do that?????
So you do not respect the jury verdict?

This case is a perfect example that our criminal justice system is not at all broken. The verdict renews my confidence in that system.

This is a jury who listened to the evidence presented in the courtroom, from both sides, and obviously noted the lack of evidence. then they were given instructions on the law by the Court. If they were at all "confused" by the instructions, they could have sent out a note to the judge indicating such. They did not. They were NOT listening to all the speculation going on in the media. Certainly you must understand the Rules of Evidence and why they were sequestered. You insult this jury simply because you have been influenced by the windstorm of negative information being spewed out by the media about this woman. Surely you realize that in order for information to come before the jury, it has to fall within the Rules of Evidence.

Bottom line, the state could not prove how Caylee died. No uncontroverted evidence of how she died. You should be well aware that in a court of law you simply cannot convict because you "believe" something. There must be FACTS to substantiate it. The State did not have the facts to prove Casey Anthony murdered her child. They didn't even have anyone to testify that Casey ever yelled at her daughter, or spanked her, or was a bad mother!! They FAILED to prove the case.

Being falsely accused and wrongfully convicted is a real problem in our justice system. Thank goodness this woman was not wrongfully convicted today.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 04:00 PM
 
Location: right here
4,131 posts, read 4,786,457 times
Reputation: 4868
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Unbelievebale;says alot abut our values.
We don't have values...

I am just sickened
 
Old 07-05-2011, 04:02 PM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 28,935,352 times
Reputation: 7273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
So you do not respect the jury verdict?

This case is a perfect example that our criminal justice system is not at all broken. The verdict renews my confidence in that system.

This is a jury who listened to the evidence presented in the courtroom, from both sides, and obviously noted the lack of evidence. then they were given instructions on the law by the Court. If they were at all "confused" by the instructions, they could have sent out a note to the judge indicating such. They did not. They were NOT listening to all the speculation going on in the media. Certainly you must understand the Rules of Evidence and why they were sequestered. You insult this jury simply because you have been influenced by the windstorm of negative information being spewed out by the media about this woman. Surely you realize that in order for information to come before the jury, it has to fall within the Rules of Evidence.

Bottom line, the state could not prove how Caylee died. No uncontroverted evidence of how she died. You should be well aware that in a court of law you simply cannot convict because you "believe" something. There must be FACTS to substantiate it. The State did not have the facts to prove Casey Anthony murdered her child. They didn't even have anyone to testify that Casey ever yelled at her daughter, or spanked her, or was a bad mother!! They FAILED to prove the case.

Being falsely accused and wrongfully convicted is a real problem in our justice system. Thank goodness this woman was not wrongfully convicted today.
Then who do you think killed Caylee? And why would Casey spend over a month lying about Caylee's whereabouts?
 
Old 07-05-2011, 04:03 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,772,636 times
Reputation: 26119
No, the jury was full of people who were concrete thinkers, Who needed information spoon fed to them. They could not make reasonable inferences from the information presented. That is higher level thinking. Small children don't get in ditches themselves, in a trash bag. Casey lied constantly about where her child was...wow, it is not rocket science.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 04:04 PM
 
32,532 posts, read 30,720,662 times
Reputation: 32350
I have to ask, Morgain...

Do you think Caysey is innocent? Or do you think that the state simply didn't prove its case?
 
Old 07-05-2011, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Vermont, grew up in Colorado and California
5,296 posts, read 6,201,027 times
Reputation: 9203
Wonder if Universal Studios will hire her back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top