U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-05-2011, 05:05 PM
 
288 posts, read 134,024 times
Reputation: 110

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Huh-why don't you google Casey Anthony? She told three different people that she did it last night...it was so serious the judge had to call a meeting this morning..but she's innocent right?
Huh? I don't believe you. Show us some proof of your story.

You're claiming that Casey Anthony told three different people in jail last night that she killed her little girl? Geeeesus! That's just ridiculous.

 
Old 07-05-2011, 05:08 PM
 
1,422 posts, read 4,641,857 times
Reputation: 1923
Default Spare me the rhetoric, Jose!

Your speech today in which you praised the prosecution and said you achieved justice for both Casey and Caylee was full of it. I hope you enjoyed your champagne celebration.

May Casey babysit your children.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 28,926,977 times
Reputation: 7273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Ann789 View Post
Look at Amy Fisher. It's years later, she's paid her dues to society but she's now doing porn and on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew.

Granted Casey wasn't convicted in a court of law but she's convicted in the court of public opinion. We'll be seeing her again in some rehab "show".
Or in another scenario like this someday in the future. Stranger things have happened. There have been several cases where people get away with killing a spouse or other family member and then ... lo and behold ... years later the same scenario occurs ...

Joran van Der Sloat (sp?) got away with Natalee Holloway due to bungled investigation and lack of evidence (including Natalee's body) ... and 5 years later look what happened ... he murders a woman in Peru. Now tell me that's an accident that he's involved in more than one scenario like that in his entire life ... let alone within 5 years.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 05:12 PM
 
5,499 posts, read 4,579,108 times
Reputation: 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

But remember, NOT GUITLY, is NOT the same as INNOCENT.
You got it!


Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
Even if Caylee truly accidentally drowned, someone had to do the rest - duct tape on her face/hair? Body found in a swamp months later? No one reported her missing for a month?

*shakes head*
Who did it??? That's the question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
I am truly not clear how to respond to this verdict - stunned, well that is an understatement! I am truly stunned - I at least thought the jury would put 2+2 together and question why someone would fabricate so many stories - why someone would consistently lie if not to cover up something - personally, I do not think that is rocket science..I can understand, perhaps, deliberating about 1st degree or manslaughter - but this!?!?!?!?!

I wonder if all of the jury members will sleep well not only tonight but all the future tonights.

Perhaps it will be like OJ - took time but he was nailed on something else, and frankly, I believe, as I suspect many others do as well.....one of the reasons OJ was convicted in LV and the charges/sentence was to reap what did not happen to him with his wife and Ron.

I think that Casey Anthony will stay sort of low-key for awhile, I think she will be afraid to go out and be seen and recognized for awhile, and perhaps even be a tad humble-appearing; however, down the road, she will view this episode in her life as perhaps a 'hiccup' and will do something else, presuming, once again, she will not have to be held accountable for anything.

I hope she does NOT get credit for time served and be able to walk out of prison a completely free woman. I have, at least somewhat, some faith left in the judge and perhaps he will, if even for another year or two, hold her accountable for her constant lying to law enforcement.

Oh brother!
OJ may have escaped justice for the longest time...but as the good book says "you reap what you sow...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
I think the prosecution screwed up this case. I think Casey is guilty but the prosecution simply set the charges too high given the circumstantial evidence they had. The burden of proof for murder in the 1st degree is very high. If they had charged her with manslaughter for example instead of murder in the 1st they may have gotten a conviction. The saddest thing is that there is no justice for Caylee.
I think that the prosecution team was well aware that they did not have enough evidence to convict Casey no matter how they presented the case...so they did the next best thing...go for, all or nothing at all...thus, the "1st degree murder charge."

In the end...things always even out! Some say, "A higher justice awaits" was OJ Simpson's case one example???
 
Old 07-05-2011, 05:13 PM
 
288 posts, read 134,024 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
As I said, the today the law didn't work as it should.



Circumstantial evidence is sufficient for convictions in our courts. The circumstantial evidence, especially those involving her behavior such as not reporting her child missing and deliberately trying to thwart law enforcement attempts at investigating her child's dissapearance and murder, leaves beyond a reasonable doubt that she was involved in the death of that child. There is no other "reasonable" explanation for that behavior.



There are forensic experts who disagree with the prosecution in almost every murder case. This doesn't say anything about the quality of the evidence. Those rebuttals were not convincing.



I'm pretty sure this already a crime. I'm just disappointed it wasn't added into the lesser charges.
the things you say about circumstantial evidence is true. HOWEVER, the bottom line is that this jury was not convinced by that circumstantial evidence the state put on BECAUSE THEY FOUND HER NOT GUILTY. That's the bottom line.

The case was presented to the jury, the judge gave them instructions ON THE LAW, the jury deliberated and found the woman NOT GUILTY. So clearly those 12 people had a reasonable doubt. It is the Judge's job to give the applicable LAW to the jurors.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Western Washington
8,004 posts, read 10,057,902 times
Reputation: 19446
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I have two daughters and a son ... how in the world can Casey Anthony face her father after telling the WHOLE WIDE WORLD he was molesting her?

This molestation only came out in Baez's opening statement and it was a very nasty statement.

Like I said I have children and I assure you if I was or had been molested by my father he would have never been allowed around my children. I wasn't molested but I think most 'normal' females that have been would feel the same way about their child.

I still cannot get over Caylee Marie Anthony is dead and her killer will soon be walking free and breathing our air.
Sadly, I HAVE known women who were molested by their fathers and/or grandfathers as children and yet they allowed them to watch their children..because their parent/grandparent guilted them into it. In a couple of instances, they'd never told their mothers about it and couldn't BRING themselves to tell them, even as adults. CRAZY!! I would NEVER and I mean EVER allow someone who was an accused molester or someone who had molested me to ever be out of my sight, alone with one of my children....EVER.

Was Casey molested? It's possible. Is she simply a psychopath? Most probably so. Did her parents make a HUGE mistake not prosecuting her in her earlier years in an attempt to teach her consequences for her behavior? Absolutely. Now look at her? Look at them! Their lives are screwed. Even the statement, given by their attorney, alludes to the fact that they don't believe she's innocent. They just want to be left alone. They mentioned closure...and sadly, they will not be finding closure any time soon and that is so heartbreaking.

When you're raising your children, you want so badly to make the right choices. Sometimes you can't wait til the turn 18, so that their problems become solely their own. Unfortunately, it makes no difference to these parents. They are still going to be held accountable for their child getting away with the death of their grandchild. It just breaks my heart, but I don't blame the jury. They followed the rules they were given and did what they were told. It's not their fault she was found not guilty.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 05:16 PM
 
Location: California
1,028 posts, read 1,145,371 times
Reputation: 828
Maybe this will happen to her one day

 
Old 07-05-2011, 05:22 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,761,566 times
Reputation: 26119
Interesting news, prosecuter Jeff Ashton "Retires" today.

http://newyork.ibtimes.com/articles/...ton-retire.htm

Last edited by jasper12; 07-05-2011 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: wow, added link
 
Old 07-05-2011, 05:26 PM
 
288 posts, read 134,024 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
What's with all the Casey Anthony sympathy. Lee, is that you?
Most people who have an open mind about this case, and came to the conclusion that the state did not prove their case beyond and to the exclusion of every reasonable doubt, won't speak out because of the very implication in your post!

I am capable of doing a little critical thinking and I realize that I don't know a lot about Casey Anthony other than the very negatively biased information which has been pouring out of our TVs for weeks now. I realize that nobody out there is going to be putting out any positive information about her because they will drop in ratings if they do. I have seen some very good and well respected criminal defense attorneys from time to time on those TV shows who have been pointing out the flaws in the State's case, and I've seen those people cut off during their statements and I've seen that those people have not been invited back on those shows. I have the capacity to understand that I don't have a balance of information regarding Casey Anthony.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,799 posts, read 16,868,958 times
Reputation: 26326
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You complained about everything from the drivers to the heat, and I'm not disagreeing with you.

And yes FL is loaded with stupid people, some are born there and some are transplants.

This jury asked no questions.

Now some of them are going to talk to the media, not too smart.

They should keep a low profile as a lot of people are angry, and a lot of people in FL carry guns.
Drivers in Miami. Heat...that doesn't mean that I think people in the state are stupid...if you're trying to prove a point, it's not working.

You are insulting the jurors. Do you really think they came to this decision lightly? I do not believe they are stupid nor do I believe, that everyone in FL is stupid. Are there stupid people there? Of course, just as there are stupid people all. over. the. world. All that prove is that there are stupid people all over the world, it does not prove that the jury was stupid nor that everyone in FL is stupid. This is such a ridiculous conversation.

The ones that are going to talk to the media are alternate jurors, last I heard. The 12 who gave the verdict had no interest in speaking with the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top