Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 05:56 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABMER View Post
The message here is...If you commit/hide a murder in Florida....no problem you are NOT GUILTY!!!!
No murderers are convicted in Florida?

Old 07-05-2011, 05:57 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,925,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The jury has done what they were expected to do. That said, I think that justice was not served in this case, and justice will never be afforded to caylee, whos body was was stuffed in a trash and dumped in a swamp to rot. How in this earth 12 people could conclude that she was totally innnocent is beyond me, but it happened. How will casey go on living? Where will she go? There may well be some vigilante justice in store for this women, not that Im condoning that sort of action be taken. I cant blame jeff ashton for retiring one bit. He is probly asking himself, "whats all this for if a jury presented with astounding evidence caanot come back with a guilty verdict" ? I have followed this case from the beginning and I am still in shock. I still have a feeling of in completeness.
Remember, 'Not Guilty' does not equal 'Innocent.' It simply means prosecution could not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she was guilty.

The prosecution failed, not the jury.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:00 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
I don't remember hearing much about this case three years ago, but I wouldn't be surprised if folks did come out to harass the family.

But DEATH THREATS! OMG. How did so many people get so crazy? I mean it doesn't even may any sense to want to kill her parents because a jury found her not guilty. I cannot for the life of me figure out any logic to that!
As I said, I used to live in FL so it was perhaps on the news more there than in other places but yes, people did park out in front of their house and harass them.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:01 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,344,416 times
My view of Casey Anthony was from reading the transcripts of people who knew her, her boyfriend, former boyfriend, the friends she stole money from, and the information she gave to the police. Those transcripts are very interesting and show the true face of Casey Anthony.

Please respect people who post, and don't make inappropriate assumptions.

2,186 posts, read 4,570,486 times
At the very MINIMUM she should be sterilized so she will not murder any of her future children.

288 posts, read 167,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Like I said, those people better get out of there ASAP. Casey is going to have protection, at least for a while. The same can not be said of her parents. I'd be surprised if those making threats against them are not Casey sympathizers! The woman despises her parents. She WILL be looking for revenge. You can be sure she'll keep her own hands clean, but she'll definitely be manipulating some strings to make their lives a living hell.
Casey sympathizers? I could be called a "Casey sympathizer" and it would never cross my mind to send a death threat to her parents. Again, I don't get the "logic" in that.

I must disagree with you about Casey Anthony despising her parents. I also don't understand what you mean when you say Casey would be looking for revenge......revenge for what?

It's very possible that this entire experience of being charged with this serious crimes, being in jail for three years, going through that enormously stressful trial, CHANGED HER LIFE. Don't underestimate the impact of meeting all the people on her legal team and working with them. Maybe for the first time she has seen other possibilities for her life through observing the responsible people on her legal team. She seemed to very close to those people throughout the trial. I personallly think that this trial and this experience scared Casey to death. That is enough to motivate major changes in how a person lives their life. Being charged with murder, in a death penalty case, is VERY SCARY.

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Unbelievebale;says alot abut our values.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
We don't have values...

I am just sickened
Speak for yourselves please.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:02 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,718,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Remember, 'Not Guilty' does not equal 'Innocent.' It simply means prosecution could not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she was guilty.

The prosecution failed, not the jury.
Yep! Not Guilty does NOT mean completely innocent. Huge failure, HUGE on the prosecution's part. You could see it in Ashton's face. I didn't see shock there...I saw, " I F-ed up! I went the wrong way. OMFG!" All I could think when I watched him during the reading of the verdict was how that man will never forgive himself for his part in that mistake.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:02 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
The jurors murdered justice and killed the justice of Caylee. I hear Casey is still partying with the defense. How sick is that! God will get justice for Caylee. He was there and saw it all . The lies , the coverup of Caylee's whereabouts as she layed down the street in the muck , with maggots eating her flesh. And Casey partied on. Talk about no heart. NO HEART!!

Old 07-05-2011, 06:04 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The jurors murdered justice and killed the justice of Caylee. I hear Casey is still partying with the defense. How sick is that! God will get justice for Caylee. He was there and saw it all . The lies , the coverup of Caylee's whereabouts as she layed down the street in the muck , with maggots eating her flesh. And Casey partied on. Talk about no heart. NO HEART!!
You "hear" Casey is still partying with the defense? Really? Where did you "hear" that? She is still in jail, how is she partying with the defense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.