U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-05-2011, 07:41 PM
 
530 posts, read 2,590,419 times
Reputation: 556

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Most of the people who have responded have no idea or clue what they are talking about. They are speaking from emotion and our criminal justice system does not work that way.

Simple fact: The evidence, beyond a reasonable doubt, was not there. The jury did as instructed by a court of law. Not the court of public opinion.
Yes but...she murdered her daughter. And she's not going to jail. In a case like this, our criminal justice system does not work--period.

 
Old 07-05-2011, 07:42 PM
 
Location: High Cotton
6,131 posts, read 6,443,832 times
Reputation: 3657
The Happy Murderer
 
Old 07-05-2011, 07:42 PM
 
288 posts, read 133,767 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
According to the reasoning the jury apparently used, no one could be convicted of a crime unless there was a video tape of it. Example: A man calls the police and says someone just broke in his home and during an altercation his wife was shot and killed. The police arrive and find no evidence of a break in (broken window, door kicked in, etc.), they find no weapon either and the autopsy determines that the woman had actually died hours before the police arrived. The guy changes his story and admits he didn't call the police right away because he went to look for the murderer. Neighbors say that the came to the house after they heard shots and the husband told them that everything was ok, it was just a microwave explosion from accidentally putting a dish lined with metal in there. The investigation reveals that there is blood in the husband's car (although there are some "experts" the defense brings in to say there was no blood) and there were searches on the man's computer for "murder" and "gun shot wounds". It is further revealed this guy lied to police about many facts and to his family and friends. Other than that, there is no direct evidence that this man killed his wife. So you are saying that since there is no hard evidence this guy should go free?
I disagree with your position about the jury today.

In your hypothetical they found the body immediately, not months later after it was skeletonized. That's very different from this case. I don't think your hypothetical is comparable.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 07:44 PM
 
288 posts, read 133,767 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
You should be ashamed. For some reason I'll bet you're one of those big supporters of the Constitution folks.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 07:44 PM
 
Location: California
1,028 posts, read 1,143,874 times
Reputation: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
I disagree with your position about the jury today.

In your hypothetical they found the body immediately, not months later after it was skeletonized. That's very different from this case. I don't think your hypothetical is comparable.
What does the warm body prove in the hypothetical case that the skeleton doesn't? If you don't believe in comparing hypothetical cases, then you obviously never went to law school.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 07:46 PM
 
288 posts, read 133,767 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post
Yes but...she murdered her daughter. And she's not going to jail. In a case like this, our criminal justice system does not work--period.
Exactly what is it, specificallly, that you do not understand about how our criminal justice system works, because obviously you don't understand the process and the basics of how our courts work?
 
Old 07-05-2011, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,930 posts, read 19,154,540 times
Reputation: 9165
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post
Yes but...she murdered her daughter.
You say that as if it is an indisputable fact.

Quote:
And she's not going to jail. In a case like this, our criminal justice system does not work--period.
I beg to differ. The system worked just like it was supposed to.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 07:47 PM
 
Location: Florida
21,660 posts, read 11,127,912 times
Reputation: 7888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
WHERE did you hear Casey is partying with the defense team? I'm under the impression that Casey is back in jail, and was taken back to jail after the verdict. Why in the world would you think that the jailers would let her go across the street to a restaurant to party with the defense team?
How many times do I have to say this. Casey is partying with the defense team in spirit.. she is having a party in her head.. oh yes, her kid is dead and she is one happy person! just like always
 
Old 07-05-2011, 07:49 PM
 
Location: Florida
21,660 posts, read 11,127,912 times
Reputation: 7888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You say that as if it is an indisputable fact.

I beg to differ. The system worked just like it was supposed to.

Yes, just like in the OJ trial. The system worked for you, not for me!
 
Old 07-05-2011, 07:49 PM
 
20,907 posts, read 39,189,628 times
Reputation: 19193
IMO she has really serious issues, related to her family.

When I see her face in the courtroom, what I deduce from reading her expressions is that she has a huge obstinate streak, is in a battle of wills / control with her parents, is VERY defiant, and has an attitude of "I'll show you who's boss."

I think she did kill her child because she was not going to let her parents dictate to her how to live her life and be a mother. Killing the child was her way of putting an end to the (probable) brow beating she was getting from her mom (mostly) to straighten up, fly right, be a good mom, stay out of bars, "live right," etc. IMO this is what happens when people get pregnant before they're mature and ready. SOMEONE killed that baby and IMO it was Casey, not a family member. The fact that she did not report the child missing tells me a lot. I think the jury massively failed.
__________________
- Please follow our TOS.
- Any Questions about City-Data? See the FAQ list.
- Want some detailed instructions on using the site? See The Guide for plain english explanation.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top