U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-05-2011, 07:50 PM
 
288 posts, read 133,698 times
Reputation: 110

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
What does the warm body prove in the hypothetical case that the skeleton doesn't? If you don't believe in comparing hypothetical cases, then you obviously never went to law school.
First of all, they know how she died, she was shot. And they know when she died.

Where did I say I went to law school? Oh, that's right. I never said I went to law school because I'm not a lawyer. Do you think that lawyers are the ONLY people who know anything about the basics of how the criminal court system works? Do you think lawyers are the only people who work in the criminal justice system?

Let me be very direct. Are you a lawyer? If so, what kind of law do you practice and how long have you been a licensed lawyer?

 
Old 07-05-2011, 07:51 PM
 
Location: California
1,028 posts, read 1,143,427 times
Reputation: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Casey is the most stone-cold murderous sociopath I've ever seen. Watching her laugh during the conversations with her family in jail, and then getting enraged at her parents for asking her questions about her daughters whereabouts, manipulating her mother and telling "we will find her and we will all be together again" when even according to the defense case she already knew Caylee was dead, accusing her father of molesting her and being complicit in the crime of hiding the dead body, and then having a completely stone-cold Adolf Hitler-esque face during the entire trial...this girl is pure evil and she seriously scares me.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 07:53 PM
 
9,912 posts, read 9,301,860 times
Reputation: 8053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
And who would buy her book or go see her movie? As many people who certainly seem to hate her, I can't imagine that she would have many book sales. I know that I think the verdict was the correct verdict, and I wouldn't buy her book.
And ... Morgain you know I think the verdict SUCKS ... the prosecution presented a good case. Baez threw everything he could and caused mass confusion. This jury has no common sense they could not see beyond the hours of rambling that Baez presented them.

Spitz and his skull, yes maybe great in his day, but he needs to be put out to pasture. He did his autopsy at the funeral home. His son also a Dr. Spitz did not agree with his father's conclusions. The goofy grief woman that either had a few drinks or was medicated never met or talked to Casey Anthony and she walked in the courtroom, got on the stand and said Casey's grieving could have been "magical thinking" duhhhh .... the guy from Nebraska ... he put a dead pig in the trunk of a car ... not in a trash bag ... but think ... is Nebraska temps anywhere near Florida temps. The plant lady saying roots and weeds can grown in a skull in a day or two!!!!!

You and I discussed the 26 pages of instructions last night ... confusion right? How did that motley group of 12 figure out those instructions with no questions???

We will just have to agree to disagree ... I still like you even though you are sorely wrong .... but you know I am right. LOL Come on admit it.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 07:54 PM
 
Location: California
1,028 posts, read 1,143,427 times
Reputation: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
First of all, they know how she died, she was shot. And they know when she died.
Again, what does this prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the skeleton doesn't? They can't find a gun, nor any gun powder on the man's hands, so they have no direct evidence that the guy shot his wife. Isn't there a reasonable doubt that someone did actually break in, and that the guy simply lied about a whole bunch of facts and purposely derailed investigators simply because he is a liar, but not a murderer?
 
Old 07-05-2011, 07:56 PM
 
288 posts, read 133,698 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
How many times do I have to say this. Casey is partying with the defense team in spirit.. she is having a party in her head.. oh yes, her kid is dead and she is one happy person! just like always
Oh, maybe you're a troll, or maybe you're just one of those people who believe that if you SAY IT'S TRUE, that MAKES IT TRUE. lol I now realize that I should just ignore your posts.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 07:59 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,716 posts, read 16,817,419 times
Reputation: 26289
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
According to the reasoning the jury apparently used, no one could be convicted of a crime unless there was a video tape of it. Example: A man calls the police and says someone just broke in his home and during an altercation his wife was shot and killed. The police arrive and find no evidence of a break in (broken window, door kicked in, etc.), they find no weapon either and the autopsy determines that the woman had actually died hours before the police arrived. The guy changes his story and admits he didn't call the police right away because he went to look for the murderer. Neighbors say that the came to the house after they heard shots and the husband told them that everything was ok, it was just a microwave explosion from accidentally putting a dish lined with metal in there. The investigation reveals that there is blood in the husband's car (although there are some "experts" the defense brings in to say there was no blood) and there were searches on the man's computer for "murder" and "gun shot wounds". It is further revealed this guy lied to police about many facts and to his family and friends. Other than that, there is no direct evidence that this man killed his wife. So you are saying that since there is no hard evidence this guy should go free?
The "evidence" for the decomposition in the trunk of the car was, "it smelled like death". No, that is not evidence, that is an opinion.

I can't remember which thread this was on but someone posted that her ex or whatever relationship she has/had, had an image on his MySpace with the caption something like, "Convince her with chloroform" or whatever the first word(s) was/were. Could that be why she looked up chloroform?

The body of Caylee was not discovered until about 5 or so months later. Your hypothetical is talking about a body hours later. Caylee's body was skeletal. There was no blunt force trauma, no gunshot wounds, nothing of the sort making it impossible for anyone to know HOW Caylee died or WHEN.

Casey lied to police. We, despite what so many think, do not know why she lied. Maybe she did lie because she full on out murdered her child, (I do not believe this), maybe she lied because she drugged her kid, put duct tape on her mouth and stuffed her in the trunk of her car so she could party thinking that the baby would sleep the entire time but if she did wake up, would not be able to scream and alert people walking by, (I don't believe this), maybe it's because there was an accident of some sort, caused by negligence and she freaked out thinking she was going to go to jail for it, (I believe this, doesn't mean I'm right), maybe she was covering for someone else, (I don't believe this), there's all sorts of reasons that could be possible.

A liar does not mean a murderer. If that were true, we would all be stuck behind bars...everyone has lied at some point in their lives.

Your hypothetical is so different from the CA case that it cannot be compared in any way. Gunshot wounds, easy to prove, time of death, body is only hours dead, easy to prove with Forensic Science, gun shot trajectory, ballistics, caliber of gun used, easy to prove. They would look for fingerprints, footprints, blood spatter, residue on the man's clothes, gun shot residue on his hands....all of this easy to prove with Forensic Science.

"It smells like death" is not Forensic Science. The medical examiner could not prove how Caylee died because her body was gone for months leaving skeletal remains.

Two totally different situations. You do not need a video camera to prove a murder took place. In some rare cases, you don't even need a body, (although harder to try), what you DO need is SOMEthing that would wipe out any reasonable doubt from the jurors' minds that the person on trial should be found guilty of murder.

In this case, the prosecutor did not do that for those 12 jurors.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 08:00 PM
 
Location: High Cotton
6,131 posts, read 6,441,705 times
Reputation: 3657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
You should be ashamed. For some reason I'll bet you're one of those big supporters of the Constitution folks.
There's no doubt that Casey murdered her daughter. BUT the state failed to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, or a shadow of a doubt, in the opinion of those twelve jurors. Casey was not found to be innocent, the jury came back with a verdict of not guilty.

George and Cindy believe Casey bagged up Caylee and threw her body in the woods. An accident that caused Caylee's death - now way! Casey MURDERED the little girl. It's clear beyond a 'reasonable' doubt...with most everyone that has followed the lengthy trial. If Casey was innocent, her attorneys would have put her on the stand and told her to tell the truth.

It was the perfect murder and the perfect jury...so it turns out. The Happy Murderer
 
Old 07-05-2011, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Florida
21,660 posts, read 11,121,875 times
Reputation: 7888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Oh, maybe you're a troll, or maybe you're just one of those people who believe that if you SAY IT'S TRUE, that MAKES IT TRUE. lol I now realize that I should just ignore your posts.
That is ok. I don't want you to read them. Read what Casey tells the media in her lying ways. That will better suit you.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 08:05 PM
 
5,598 posts, read 17,369,364 times
Reputation: 4732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
How many times do I have to say this. Casey is partying with the defense team in spirit.. she is having a party in her head.. oh yes, her kid is dead and she is one happy person! just like always
Yep, I agree. Bella Vita! Partay! Yes, in short order, she will actually be partying and not just in her head. Partying, being irresponsible, living off of others, being deceitful, being inconsiderate and self-centered, yes, she is once again happy.

However, being the pathological liar that she is, she is going to get herself in trouble again. And just like OJ, hopefully will eventually end up back in jail for a long time.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 08:06 PM
 
288 posts, read 133,698 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
Again, what does this prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the skeleton doesn't? They can't find a gun, nor any gun powder on the man's hands, so they have no direct evidence that the guy shot his wife. Isn't there a reasonable doubt that someone did actually break in, and that the guy simply lied about a whole bunch of facts and purposely derailed investigators simply because he is a liar, but not a murderer?
\

Again, are you a lawyer?

Additionally, I'm not interested in sitting for the "LSAT" tonight, so you're wasting your time quizzing me. I'm not a lawyer. Never claimed to be a lawyer. Are you ashamed to admit that you are a lawyer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top