U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 07:10 AM

59 posts, read 35,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
If I had to guess, I'd say the Casey supporters in this thread are hoping she is released immediately?
I don't know if I'd call myself a Casey supporter but I hope that the sentence will be similar to others convicted under the same statute.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:28 AM

59 posts, read 35,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
Reasonable people make reasonable logical arguements. Hiding a dead body is not what reasonable people do after an accidental death or people who have nothing to hide. What motivation to hide a body? There has to be some motivation to that person's behavior. But, if accidental, again, why would the guilty party dispose of a body in a swamp in a bag? That method of disposal is what a person would do after witnessing an accident, taking the body to a swamp for disposal? Where is the logic to that?
That depends on what you mean by reasonable. If by reasonable you mean prudent, moral, or wise then hiding a body is not that.

When I say reasonable I just mean that there are concrete reasons someone would do that other than to hide a murder, such as hiding an accidental death as a result of neglect or carelessness.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:54 AM

23,638 posts, read 33,429,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Bottom line is, early on in the trial (and I watched every minute of it) I had to ask myself , which side would I buy a used car from and the answer was clear.....Baez. He reminds me of an old home improvement salesman, the customers would say, we had cheaper bids, we know we paid to much but we liked the guy.
The side that had to do the selling was the prosecution. Baez just needed to describe the ins and outs. Needless to say the prosection didnt sell it.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:13 AM

3,029 posts, read 7,190,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
Kinda wished it had. Annoying woman.
My post made since before the moderators combined a thread about Nancy Grace into this one. Someone said they thought her head was gonna explode.

Now there are around 10 threads around Casey Anthony. Why not just go ahead and make one huge mega-thread again so half of the responses make no sense again? Nothing like looking through 2000 posts to make a relevant comment on one.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:23 AM

6,131 posts, read 6,442,376 times
Why haven't I seen any of you people that agree with the (Casey Anthony) jury, because it lacked proof, say anything about this trial. Why not?

Guilty murder verdict based on absolutely NO evidence proving the victim was even dead, and NO evidence whatsoever that the person found guilty of murder had harmed the victim.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:30 AM

13,930 posts, read 19,149,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Why haven't I seen any of you people that agree with the (Casey Anthony) jury, because it lacked proof, say anything about this trial. Why not?

Guilty murder verdict based on absolutely NO evidence proving the victim was even dead, and NO evidence whatsoever that the person found guilty of murder had harmed the victim.
I somehow doubt that everyone of us has a catalog of court cases stored in our head, and how is this one relevant anyways?

Old 07-07-2011, 08:33 AM

21,660 posts, read 11,123,975 times
The Jury didn't see the forest because the trees were in the way. The jury convicted Casey lying about the location of her daughter to the police but never thought of the WHY Casey lied . The WHY IS simply because Caylee did not exist anymore in the world as a live person. Casey knew that Caylee was dead in the muck down the street from her home.

This jury never considered the reason why Casey lied continuously about the location of her daughter . They just looked very shallowly the fact Casey lied to the police and never even considered the motivation and reason of Casey's lyiing to the police to conceal that she had killed her daughter.

It is a travestly to even listen to the lies that Casey said to the police which conclusively points to Casey's guilt in leading the police on a wild goose chase to find her daughter.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:53 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,353,472 times
Myself I believe Casey did kill Caylee, I don't know if it was an accident I did not hear any evidence during the trial to tell me anything about that besides the defense opening statement. I believe with all my heart and soul that the entire family KNOWS what happened. That being said..............
The jury followed jury instructions to the tea, or so they say, and if they followed the instructions given by the Judge and still came to the conclusing that she was not guilty of the counts than American must respect that. I would hate to be called to jury trial in a death penality case, I wish Casey had been found guilty of neglect to Caylee at least but I accept the decision because I do not know what was in the jury instructions.
I don't like it, dislike a person like Casey and thank God everyday for my wonderful children, but I cannot wish death upon a person just because we have found Casey guilty outside of the courtroom.
Do I think someday Casey will have an "accident" and end up suffering from that accident, yes I do believe public hatred will at least attempt this senerio. In the end God is the only judgment she needs to have, at least in my mind, she will suffer in the end.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:03 AM

12,291 posts, read 18,405,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post

It's rather common really - people are tried and sucessfully convicted of murder without bodies, without direct evidence, without cause of death, quite frequently.

"Proof" is subjective. Obviously this jury had different thoughts on what reasonable doubt is. Perhaps the "CSI effect" has something to do with it (has that been discussed here yet)?

What I don't understand are posters saying "I think she killed her child, but I don't think it was proven". The comment is contradictory. If you think she killed her child - then it was proven, at least to you.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:14 AM

13,930 posts, read 19,149,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The Jury didn't see the forest because the trees were in the way. The jury convicted Casey lying about the location of her daughter to the police but never thought of the WHY Casey lied . The WHY IS simply because Caylee did not exist anymore in the world as a live person. Casey knew that Caylee was dead in the muck down the street from her home.

This jury never considered the reason why Casey lied continuously about the location of her daughter . They just looked very shallowly the fact Casey lied to the police and never even considered the motivation and reason of Casey's lyiing to the police to conceal that she had killed her daughter.
The problem here is that you are under the false assumption that someone would only hide a body because they were trying to cover up a murder. That is not the case and hence the jury would not convict her on that fact alone, even if it was proven that Casey was the one who dumped the body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or