U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 06:44 PM

43,858 posts, read 44,603,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
Just heard on the news one of Casey's lawyers, I think it was Cheney Mason, was attacked by someone and police were called and broke up the fight. Don't know if this is old news or not.
I haven't hear anything about that. I could call work to find out.....

Here is a pic of the tree that was hit by lightening today. The tree is in the exact area where the body of Caylee was found and it happened just after Casey was given only one more week to serve. Weird huh???

Casey Anthony lightning: Lightning strikes tree near site of Caylee's remains - OrlandoSentinel.com

UPDATE: No one has heard anything about any attacks. The weather is so stormy here, and has been for the past few hours, I doubt anyone is hanging around downtown. The lightening is just too bad to be outside.

Last edited by GloryB; 07-07-2011 at 06:53 PM..

Old 07-07-2011, 06:52 PM

2,800 posts, read 1,769,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post

No, I don't. Both sides and the judge take great care to make sure the jury knows what their job is and what they may and may not do and as Matt30 mentioned earlier, those instructions are constantly being refined to be even more clear.

I'm reminded of a quote from Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

"This is a court of law, young man, not a court of justice."

Those who are crying for justice for Caylee might want to stop and ponder that one for awhile.

So because one person says that it makes it true? Why do you think they call it the Justice System?

Old 07-07-2011, 06:54 PM

2,800 posts, read 1,769,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt30 View Post
I have as much evidence for the assertion that she drowned as I do that chloroform was created in the house to knock out the child, then duct tape used to suffocate her to death.

Cindy Anthony testified that Caylee could climb the ladder unassisted which was why they had to take care to remove the ladder when they weren't home.

The evidence in the Scott Peterson case was not the same. Two every different trials.
Who said the chloroform was made in the house? It could have been made anywhere. So just because the girl could climb in the pool does not mean she did. There is not evidence to support that theory.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:03 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,302,997 times
The Anthonys used Baquacil in their pool which is chloroform free.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:15 PM

13,930 posts, read 19,149,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
So because one person says that it makes it true? Why do you think they call it the Justice System?
That person was one of the more revered men in American Politics, so you might give his words some credence.

I have some more though.

It is not a Justice System. It is just a system. ~Bob Enyart

Law is not justice and a trial is not a scientific inquiry into truth. A trial is the resolution of a dispute. ~Edison Haines

There is no such thing as justice - in or out of court. ~Clarence Darrow

Anyways, you get the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
So just because the girl could climb in the pool does not mean she did. There is not evidence to support that theory.
They didn't have to prove it. They only had to show that it was plausible so as to introduce reasonable doubt to the jurors.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:33 PM
pll

1,052 posts, read 2,156,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
Thankfully, I have followed this trial like I did OJ's. One has to remember that karma sucks and it will be interesting to watch the train wreck (Casey's future) that awaits her. Imo, I wish her mom would have had better sense and encouaged her daughter to put Caylee up for adoption. This beautiful child would have a chance at life.
Correction: I have NOT followed this case like the OJ trial.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:33 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,143,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post

UPDATE: No one has heard anything about any attacks. The weather is so stormy here, and has been for the past few hours, I doubt anyone is hanging around downtown. The lightening is just too bad to be outside.
I just got some clarification, apparently it happened yesterday, I think in the restaurant during the celebration, someone came in and attacked Mason.

I know that the police were called. If anyone works for OCSD or OPD, I'm sure you can look up the police report. Most news sources don't seem to be covering it. Maybe they're afraid of encouraging this type of activity? It was brought up during in an interview I watched with Cheney Mason and he confirmed it.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:39 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,596,356 times
"Hours after Casey Anthony learned on Thursday that she will leave jail next week, lightning apparently struck a tree next to a makeshift memorial in honor of her slain daughter, Caylee. Lightning strikes tree near Caylee Anthony memorial site – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/coastal-north-carolina/"]Coastal [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/"]Western [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/"]Charlotte [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/"]York & Lancaster[/URL]

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"]Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks[/URL]

Old 07-07-2011, 07:47 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,143,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
"Hours after Casey Anthony learned on Thursday that she will leave jail next week, lightning apparently struck a tree next to a makeshift memorial in honor of her slain daughter, Caylee. Lightning strikes tree near Caylee Anthony memorial site This Just In - CNN.com Blogs
Caylee's spirit is crying out from the grave. She wants justice.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:52 PM

13,930 posts, read 19,149,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
Caylee's spirit is crying out from the grave. She wants justice.
Yeah, that's it. ROFL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or