U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-07-2011, 09:52 PM

9,109 posts, read 4,833,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
"Forensic expert Dr. Werner Spitz testified that the duct tape the prosecution argued was used in the murder was actually applied after the body began decomposing."

With testimony like that the jurors should use common sense and reason. Why apply duct tape to a decomposing body. Sensible jurors shouldn't rely on so-called 'expert' testimony that's ridiculous simply because it's an 'expert,' paid for their testimony.
You're right who applies duct tape to a decomposing body.

Dr. Warner Spitz was a total ditz on the stand, yes he may have been great in his day, but even his son Dr. Spitz also a pathologist disagreed with his dad. The old man Spitz testified at Phil Specter's trial and went berzerk on the stand when asked how much he was being paid to testify.

In addition Dr. Spitz was interviewed by Orlando TV Local 6 via WDIV-TV in Detroit. During cross-examination Jeff Ashton then asked Spitz about granting an interview to Tony Pipitone and Local 6 News sister station WDIV-TV in Detroit.

"I don't remember what I talked to (WDIV-TV) about," Spitz said. The interview was June 15 and Spitz testified June 18.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:03 PM

923 posts, read 505,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
And refuted by the defense's expert witness.
Whoever believes that defense team "expert" witnesses are always reliable, well, I have some stocks I'd like to sell you that are performing really well right now. I took a legal ethics class once and one of the things that came up was the controversial practice of defense teams using witnesses that were willing to testify on there behalf and calling them "experts", when they really aren't.

The guy who made those ridiculous claims about the duct tape was a so called "bug" expert who has done research on decomposed pigs. The prosecution witness was a human decomposition expert. Who's more reliable?

Old 07-07-2011, 10:12 PM

288 posts, read 33,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
Whoever believes that defense team "expert" witnesses are always reliable, well, I have some stocks I'd like to sell you that are performing really well right now. I took a legal ethics class once and one of the things that came up was the controversial practice of defense teams using witnesses that were willing to testify on there behalf and calling them "experts", when they really aren't.

The guy who made those ridiculous claims about the duct tape was a so called "bug" expert who has done research on decomposed pigs. The prosecution witness was a human decomposition expert. Who's more reliable?
How many cops were on the jury?

Old 07-08-2011, 01:07 AM

41,277 posts, read 44,051,907 times
I just watched one of te female juriers who said what they ofund her guilty. Bascially if you have ever nservered o a jury ;you know that you can't fix stuipd .Basically she said several things were not poven ;including motive; means of death . Neither is required to be proven in any state's elements of the crime of murder. It can be shown as what is belieed by evidence. Its distrubing because it indicates the jury did not look at the Florida penal code on what the element that must be proved beyond a resonable doubt to prove murder.Bascailly I could go out in my backyard and shoot my gun and kill someone I didn't even know and be guilty of murder. My intent they charge and prove is criminal recklessness.That means that the degree of murder is different as to punishment allowed under the law.I really can't beleive they never studied what must be proven by prosectution. They seem to have watched too many movie;TV shows or read murder mysteries and neglected their duty to read the actual law and they could alos ask questions of the judge on the law as to those elemnts of rpoof. They surely were read the elements in the charge by the judge which is what they chargedto decide on.Another Perry Mason jury that makes up what must be proven theirselfs like is often the case.Too badf juries can not be charge with neglect but it's defense would be stupidness.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:41 AM

18,869 posts, read 14,544,266 times
No one cares.

My worry about this verdict is that other people now see how easy it is to kill someone and get away with it. If Casey got off...Drew Peterson is good to go, they have never found his last wife, her body is still missing.

How many more copy cat killings like this could occur more frequently after the publicity of this trial. The method of death was explained, how to dispose of body, and how to get away with killing someone.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:25 AM

9,491 posts, read 2,732,781 times
Just the circumstances of what Casey did , in hiding the fact that her child was not in existence . Casey's own actions for 31 days completely points to the guilt that Casey could not product little Caylee physically in the living flesh to anyone including her parents and the police.

We didn't even need all the physical evidence of the duct tape or any murder weapon to know Casey hid the fact that she could NOT answer the questions truthfully of where her daughter was located. The truth was and Casey knew the truth that Caylee was dead down the street a half mile from her home.

Yet ALL the physical evidence all added to the fact Casey was responsible for the death of her daughter. The blanket and coffin garment bag was in possession of Casey of which Caylee was dumped down the street . The duct tape from the home.. ALL ADDED UP TO THE GUILT OF CASEY.

How much more did these surface thinkers want.. an invitation to the murder of her daughter and a ring side seat?

Old 07-08-2011, 06:53 AM

3,614 posts, read 2,638,851 times
my question is what is going to stop her from having another child and repeating her crime?
SHE MAKES A GOOD CASE FOR INVOLUNTARY STERILIZATION!

Old 07-08-2011, 07:28 AM

4,948 posts, read 4,708,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I just saw Juror #3 and her comments are totally ridiculous. She said she totally threw out the testimony of the chloroform. Never connected any dots of why Casey lied about the whereabouts of Caylee for 31 days.. How dumb she is! This girl wanted to make sure she did not convict without proof... this girl is a total airhead.
I said the same thing you did when I saw her on TV. She seemed "flaky" and not the sharpest pencil in the box.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:06 AM

9,491 posts, read 2,732,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
I said the same thing you did when I saw her on TV. She seemed "flaky" and not the sharpest pencil in the box.
It is kind of scary. If Charles Manson had this jury way back when , he would have been set free!

Old 07-08-2011, 08:27 AM

18,869 posts, read 14,544,266 times
As I said before, Casey was judged by a jury of her "peers".
I would have been disqualified in a heartbeat by the defense, too much education. Can actully make logical inferences based on evidence. Which is allowed, reasonable conclusions.

But some people just are not that bright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime