U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 07:04 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,731,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I saw a snippet of an interview Baez gave. He said he is going to see that KA gets the help she needs. We'll see. She'll need years and years of help.

There's such a simple solution to Nancy Grace. You pick up the remote and..... Click!
Easier than that? Don't turn the channel to her in the first place. She's just as bad as Jerry Springer, Keith Olbermann and Rush Limbaugh.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:06 PM

Good song. What does it have to do with this case? Posting a video to a Rolling Stones song is easy. Back it up. What are you trying to say?

I will also add that the inspiration for this song came from the writings of Baudelaire and is about the dark side of humans - all of us. So, please, pretzelogik, enlighten as to what a Rolling Stone song has to do with this thread.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:25 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,143,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm happy Casey declined the visit. Cindy is quite obviously at the root of Casey's issues. I sincerely hope this is a tiny step towards cutting her and George out of Casey's life for good.

WTF should Casey show gratitude towards Cindy? Cindy did it for Cindy because Cindy has serious emotional issues herself.
I'm curious, what was revealed during this whole ordeal that has you rooting for Casey and denouncing Cindy? From what I know Casey:

-lied to her mother and to authorities about Caylee's whereabouts.
-either purposely or accidentally killed her daughter and then threw her in a bag and into some bushes instead of giving her a proper burial.
-lied to one of her boyfriends about being pregnant, telling him her distended stomach was from a hormonal issue or something.
-stole her friends checkbook and wrote checks
-blamed her daughter's dissapearance on Zaineda Gonzalez ruining that poor woman's life as she was hounded by death threats and media.
-falsely accused her father of molesting her (this claim was so unsubstantiated the judge wouldn't let Baez use it in his closing argument.)
-Didn't tell her own brother that she was pregnant
-showed absolutely no grief or mourning after her daughters death, as reported by friends and as see in jail conversations.

Now please, tell me, what exactly did Cindy do to deserve not having a visit accepted by her daughter, or what actions deserve Casey cutting her off "for good?" As far as I know Cindy:

-reported her granddaughter missing when Casey had not.
-lied in court about the chloroform and neck-breaking searches trying to protect her daughter.
-showed genuine hurt, grief and a longing for her dead granddaughter.
-still attempts to visit her daughter after all she has put the family through.
-new reports say she is willing to have Casey come back home or will help her relocate to Houston.

This all sounds like a pretty good mom.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
I'm curious, what was revealed during this whole ordeal that has you rooting for Casey and denouncing Cindy? From what I know Casey:

-either purposely or accidentally killed her daughter and then threw her in a bag and into some bushes instead of giving her a proper burial.
-lied to one of her boyfriends about being pregnant, telling him her distended stomach was from a hormonal issue or something.
-blamed her daughter's dissapearance on Zaineda Gonzalez ruining that poor woman's life as she was hounded by death threats and media.
-falsely accused her father of molesting her (this claim was so unsubstantiated the judge wouldn't let Baez use it in his closing argument.)
-showed absolutely no grief or mourning after her daughters death, as reported by friends and as see in jail conversations.

Now please, tell me, what exactly did Cindy do to deserve not having a visit accepted by her daughter, or what actions deserve Casey cutting her off "for good?" As far as I know Cindy:

-lied in court about the chloroform and neck-breaking searches trying to protect her daughter.
-new reports say she is willing to have Casey come back home or will help her relocate to Houston.

Sure it sounds like a good mom. Too bad I know many women like Cindy who appear to be good moms but are not. I know that Cindy is manipulative, pushy, stubborn and cold. These descriptions come from people who know her and the family.

BTW, I'm not rooting for Casey.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:11 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,143,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Sure it sounds like a good mom. Too bad I know many women like Cindy who appear to be good moms but are not. I know that Cindy is manipulative, pushy, stubborn and cold. These descriptions come from people who know her and the family.

BTW, I'm not rooting for Casey.
So you know the family personally? Are you basing your judgments on hearsay? I'm basing mine on testimony, police interviews, and videos of jail conversations. Which source do you think might be more accurate?

Old 07-08-2011, 08:34 PM

288 posts, read 133,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Perhaps Jose Baez will contact the grief counselor that testified at the trial, Sally Karioth. She could work with Casey on her 'magical thinking.'

Why do you watch Nancy Grace? Do you have other means of self-torture? Or ... could you be a Nancy Grace closet fan. The Matrix Reloaded is on AMC.
I have been watching Nancy Grace just to see if she would have anyone on her show who would disagree with her and to see what new comments would start to show up on cd. . Not to worry about me. I'm fine. Not watching Nancy or HLN tonight. Looking for Bill Maher. Is he on this week?

p.s.

Magical thinking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_thinking

In clinical psychology, magical thinking is a condition that causes the patient to experience irrational fear of performing certain acts or having certain thoughts because they assume a correlation with their acts and threatening calamities.

Last edited by Morgain; 07-08-2011 at 08:52 PM..

Old 07-08-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
So you know the family personally? Are you basing your judgments on hearsay? I'm basing mine on testimony, police interviews, and videos of jail conversations. Which source do you think might be more accurate?
No I do not know the family personally.

I'm basing my opinion on Cindy's actions, her emails and voicemails, as well as her interviews with police and media.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:

Disagree. Seems like a somewhat shallow and biased analysis of the situation.

Additionally, it would be a huge mistake for Casey to have visits with ANYONE while she is still in jail, other than her lawyers. Any personal visits will be recorded, yet again, and would surely start another round of pounding of Casey by the media. Cindy should know that. She's not stupid. She saw all those tapes of her visits with Casey prior to the trial. Did Cindy want the media to see that Casey wouldn't visit her so she would be considered the victim of Casey? Cindy could have had her attorney contact Casey's attorney regarding a visit with Casey, and that conversation could have been kept private, and maybe they could have worked out a private visit for Cindy with Casey AFTER she is released from jail. Then maybe Cindy WANTS to be seen as the victim at this point so she just shows up at the jail for a personal visit! It may be that Casey's legal team advised Casey to not accept any visits from anyone. I think that would be very good advice.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:55 PM

9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Looking for Bill Maher. Is he on this week?
It's ok Morgain if you are a Nancy Grace fan. I googled her to see who she is, it appears she is a lawyer too. Another talking head but boy oh boy google had an article some lady killed herself after talking to Grace. You be sure and don't call her she must be dangerous.

I have never watched Bill Maher and don't really know who he is either. I watch our local news 36 out of Charlotte and that's it. We have a trial going on right now. It is another baby killer. This lady Erica Kelly 22 years old delivered a baby girl at home, wrapped the baby in a shirt and took the infant outside and sat her by the road. She hoped someone would hear the baby crying and take her and keep her. The infant died.

Prosecutors Show Videotaped Questioning Of Woman Accused Of Killing Newborn

And we are hoping Elise Baker will go on trial soon for killing Zahra Baker. It is similar to the Caylee Anthony murder.

Caylee Anthony, Zahra Baker deaths generate comparisons

We are living in an evil world with people killing babies and little children. People that harm/kill/molest little children and babies need to be executed right then and there.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
It's ok Morgain if you are a Nancy Grace fan. I googled her to see who she is, it appears she is a lawyer too. Another talking head but boy oh boy google had an article some lady killed herself after talking to Grace. You be sure and don't call her she must be dangerous.

I have never watched Bill Maher and don't really know who he is either. I watch our local news 36 out of Charlotte and that's it. We have a trial going on right now. It is another baby killer. This lady Erica Kelly 22 years old delivered a baby girl at home, wrapped the baby in a shirt and took the infant outside and sat her by the road. She hoped someone would hear the baby crying and take her and keep her. The infant died.

Prosecutors Show Videotaped Questioning Of Woman Accused Of Killing Newborn

And we are hoping Elise Baker will go on trial soon for killing Zahra Baker. It is similar to the Caylee Anthony murder.

Caylee Anthony, Zahra Baker deaths generate comparisons

We are living in an evil world with people killing babies and little children. People that harm/kill/molest little children and babies need to be executed right then and there.
I think the world has always been this way.

Don't worry about me calling Nancy. They would never, ever take my call. LOL! Yes, she is a lawyer who was disciplined by the Court for unethical behavior in at least one of her trials. I've found her repulsive since she first showed up on Larry King Live. LOL

Bill Maher was on tonight. Was funny as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or