U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-10-2011, 04:31 PM
 
Location: Florida
21,715 posts, read 11,172,926 times
Reputation: 7925

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Simply put, bullies win. The rest just cave into the meanest, just to get away from the ferocious stand of the bully. I am not into confrontation, so I know I would vote anything to get away.

Is it shame that is keeping these jurors so quiet? If they felt they did the right thing, why not be defiant in their rightousness of their verdict?!

I would hide under the biggest rock forever if I had been a part of that group. And never mention it.

Just imagine trying to talk to Kathleen Ford about the fact that Casey did not report Caylee missing. Kathleen sees it ONLY as bad behavior. And the reasoning of Ford by saying we don't know how she died, where she died , when she died.. it isn't enough Caylee was dead.. even before the body was found Casey was charged with murder for hiding the fact her daughter was missing.. and her constant lieing to hid the fact of Caylee's whereabouts... and without a body.

those jurors were lacking a common sense gene.

 
Old 07-10-2011, 05:16 PM
 
Location: in my mind
4,759 posts, read 6,566,122 times
Reputation: 9507
For those of you interested in reading more about this case, here is a good blog- the author has written a very comprehensive analysis of Casey's psychological issues -

The Hinky Meter | …because something's just not right.
 
Old 07-10-2011, 05:44 PM
 
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
543 posts, read 965,924 times
Reputation: 662
I'm shocked by the verdict but not for the same reasons as everyone else. I thought for sure she would be found guilty since the media had already pronounced her guilty before the trial date was even set.

To my surprise, the jury DID IT'S JOB. They: 1) listened to the evidence, and 2) made a decision based on the burden of proof that is placed on the prosecutor. The prosecution DID NOT MEET THEIR BURDEN.

Sorry folks, in this case, the jury wasn't swayed by the media. Thankfully, our justice system still works based on what the CONSTITUTION, criminal procedure and the rules of evidence says. Not what Court TV says. Real life isn't Law & Order. The prosecution doesn't ALWAYS win.
 
Old 07-10-2011, 06:37 PM
 
Location: In a house
21,956 posts, read 21,520,434 times
Reputation: 14918
It's time everyone leaves the jurors alone. My goodness, they did what they were asked to do and are now being treated as criminals because many don't agree with their verdict. I'm not happy about the not guilty verdict but I sure don't think the jury should bear the blame. How very sad and mean people can be.................
 
Old 07-10-2011, 08:25 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,803,675 times
Reputation: 26120
Wow, E.E. That website is really interesting. I think the most chilling aspect of the information was the picture of Caylee, crying, reaching out to be picked up. I can't imagine anyone, especially a Mother, taking a picture of a baby at that time. Most normal people would pick up the child, not snap a picture.

I hope Casey has learned a lesson, and will not "erase" future children. That would be a sad "told you so" to the jury who felt that there was not enough evidence presented to make a reasonable inference of the cause of Caylee's death. Little girls don't end up in ditches by "accident".
 
Old 07-10-2011, 08:26 PM
 
17,004 posts, read 20,745,486 times
Reputation: 34000
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
You are absolutely right. Ford, Juror #3 was often called the 'giggler.' I watched the jury selection and I recall she would answer each question appearing to tell them what they wanted to hear. If it wasn't what they wanted she would giggle and correct her answer. I thought then oh no she is a flake. Several on that jury didn't even finish high school.

They wanted to go home and as we know one juror had the trip to Europe paid for with no refund and departed on July 7. I know he/she was in a hurry.

A trial of this magnitude and not one question.

But ... it's the great American way ... a jury of our peers!
Exactly. FL already has a reputation as "Flori-duh" and this just reinforced it.

There are also a lot of people angry over this, not too bright of Ms.Ford to be putting herself out there.

FL is loaded with people who legally carry concealed weapons, it is not out of the realm of possibility that some nut job won't walk right up to her and shoot her.
 
Old 07-10-2011, 08:33 PM
 
17,004 posts, read 20,745,486 times
Reputation: 34000
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
It's time everyone leaves the jurors alone. My goodness, they did what they were asked to do and are now being treated as criminals because many don't agree with their verdict. I'm not happy about the not guilty verdict but I sure don't think the jury should bear the blame. How very sad and mean people can be.................

You're right, why question anything?

Just accept everything that happens.

And if you want to talk sad and mean, how about killing your child(whether by accident or on purpose) and dumping the body in the woods.

Having a hundreds of people volunteer their time to look for a missing child who wasn't missing at all.

This has been going for 3 yrs, and the verdict is shocking. People are going to talk and think about it for awhile.

As they should.
 
Old 07-10-2011, 09:45 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
4,753 posts, read 12,343,430 times
Reputation: 3224
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
It's time everyone leaves the jurors alone. My goodness, they did what they were asked to do and are now being treated as criminals because many don't agree with their verdict. I'm not happy about the not guilty verdict but I sure don't think the jury should bear the blame. How very sad and mean people can be.................
Sad and mean?

I'm sad because a little girl is dead and so far there is no justice.

It isn't mean to feel outrage because most thinking people (including many legal experts) believe that the prosecution DID make their case. The jury misunderstood the meaning of "reasonable doubt."
 
Old 07-10-2011, 10:30 PM
 
Location: in my mind
4,759 posts, read 6,566,122 times
Reputation: 9507
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Wow, E.E. That website is really interesting. I think the most chilling aspect of the information was the picture of Caylee, crying, reaching out to be picked up. I can't imagine anyone, especially a Mother, taking a picture of a baby at that time. Most normal people would pick up the child, not snap a picture.

I hope Casey has learned a lesson, and will not "erase" future children. That would be a sad "told you so" to the jury who felt that there was not enough evidence presented to make a reasonable inference of the cause of Caylee's death. Little girls don't end up in ditches by "accident".
Yes, that picture is a bit shocking.

I really don't think Casey will go on to kill anyone else.

I am still an agnostic with regard to this whole situation - I do not know what happened to Caylee.

Even though I have been reading true crime for the past 20 years, and I work in the psych field, and so therefore I do think I am somewhat informed about aspects of human psychology, I still want to believe that she didn't intentionally kill that child. Its hard to get my mind around the idea that she did.

And I don't think we will ever find out what truly happened to Caylee.

The way the different Anthony family members have acted throughout this whole thing, I believe, has confused the issues even more than they were already.
 
Old 07-10-2011, 10:47 PM
 
4,527 posts, read 5,124,860 times
Reputation: 3983
Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post
Yes, that picture is a bit shocking.

I really don't think Casey will go on to kill anyone else.

I am still an agnostic with regard to this whole situation - I do not know what happened to Caylee.

Even though I have been reading true crime for the past 20 years, and I work in the psych field, and so therefore I do think I am somewhat informed about aspects of human psychology, I still want to believe that she didn't intentionally kill that child. Its hard to get my mind around the idea that she did.

And I don't think we will ever find out what truly happened to Caylee.

The way the different Anthony family members have acted throughout this whole thing, I believe, has confused the issues even more than they were already.
if you work in the field of psychology,have you not met or recognized sociopathic behaviors? i have met some very mild sounding and aoppearing individuals in psych environment that,if not treated would have certainly wound up as killers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top