U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-12-2011, 07:03 AM
 
12,300 posts, read 18,421,290 times
Reputation: 19200

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Sorry, but every couple of months in FL there is a story in the news where neighbors have a dispute and one ends up dead. And they're all legal gun owners..
That's off topic, and antecdotes do not an argument make. Take it to the P&C forum so you can argue 'stories' rather than facts. They thrive on those type of debates there.

 
Old 07-12-2011, 07:09 AM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,755,376 times
Reputation: 16599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Casey Anthony lacks basic decent character. I have seen Casey frustrated and angry in jail. "Do you think Caylee never saw Casey frustrated and angry? I doubt that. Casey was the manipulator and was an expert on putting on a facade with lies and actions. Casey may have been on her best behavior for the cameras and people.

Casey would not reason with her parents . She would make arguments with lies . Casey also did things such as stealing checks from family and friends when no one was looking and had the gall to cash them and go shopping.

Do you think this woman possesses good character traits? Everyone says she was a good mom. What did Casey do when no one was looking? Sure there was no broken bones or bruises.

Casey probably killed her daughter to get away from her parents and be with Tony. Tony was going to NY and maybe Casey in her sick mind thought I want to go to NY too but I have Caylee and mom would never allow me to go.

Casey had tried to keep the whereabouts of her daughter secret so she could tell Tony - my mom has Caylee and then tell her mom I am with the rich man in another city and we may be leaving the country. Casey was found out by going to the home . All the while her child is dead.

This is not being a good parent . No , Casey had one thing in mind. Herself , not her child.

Another woman was thought to be a good mother too. Susan Smith who had her kids strapped in the car and let the car go into a lake and drowned them.. not a trait of a GOOD mother.

Did you read my post? I SAID she was a bad mother. But it was because of real issues, NOT because she took a picture of her daughter crying.
 
Old 07-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 23 days ago)
 
8,704 posts, read 10,850,989 times
Reputation: 12767
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
They spent 10 hours on this and that is just plain sad. A two year old, triple bagged with duct tape on her mouth, thrown in a swamp that was last seen on the 16th leaving with her "mother" that couldn't wait to get to her boyfriends house and the jury had the nerve to say there was no "why, where and when"

People need to take their anger and channel it by searching for missing children??? Thousands of people searched for this child and her "mother" knew where she was all along. I wonder how many snakes and alligator's they encountered along the way?

People are angry because this women killed her child and got away with it.
The jury was weak and lazy.
Right. The "why, where and when" doesn't always present itself in a neat little package with a bow on top. You have to look at the whole px and figure things out through your own judgement and analytical skills. They were both lazy and intellectually challenged. Juror #3 was probably the cream of the crop, discussing it. I found her to be extremely flaky. I don't think she was able to think 1 independent thought in her head. God help the nursing profession w/ her going in it.

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 07-12-2011 at 08:32 AM..
 
Old 07-12-2011, 08:48 AM
 
Location: Florida
21,667 posts, read 11,132,190 times
Reputation: 7891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Did you read my post? I SAID she was a bad mother. But it was because of real issues, NOT because she took a picture of her daughter crying.
I read your full post . I got what you are saying.. No need to slap your head , I am backing up the fact that Casey is a bad mother . Did I say I disagree with you. NO. I posted to keep on subject with you. Many agree with a post and add their own words. That is what I did and you misunderstood that I am merely adding to your post of why she is a bad mother.
 
Old 07-12-2011, 09:31 AM
 
3,173 posts, read 3,077,677 times
Reputation: 3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
Right. The "why, where and when" doesn't always present itself in a neat little package with a bow on top. You have to look at the whole px and figure things out through your own judgement and analytical skills. They were both lazy and intellectually challenged. Juror #3 was probably the cream of the crop, discussing it. I found her to be extremely flaky. I don't think she was able to think 1 independent thought in her head. God help the nursing profession w/ her going in it.
Yes and the jury "foreman" made it all about George. I guess he forgot that George wasn't the one on trial.
 
Old 07-12-2011, 09:35 AM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,732,472 times
Reputation: 26118
And I will clarify, that I just think her entire persona, and behavior is strange. Yes, taking a picture of a crying baby is an isolated event, and not to be considered a "bad Mom" for taking the picture...anyone could take almost any isolated event I have done with my kids, and paint me as a "bad Mom"...but when we take in a whole of her entire behavior...which I won't go into now...but that in it's entirety, shows a chilling picture of someone who lacks empathy. There are numerous occurrances of that in Casey Anthony. Part of her pathology.
 
Old 07-12-2011, 11:13 AM
 
Location: High Cotton
6,131 posts, read 6,445,243 times
Reputation: 3657
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Yes and the jury "foreman" made it all about George. I guess he forgot that George wasn't the one on trial.
The more I hear from the various jurors it just confirms the ignorance and low-level mentality of those jurors (both indiviually and collectively) to make the decision they did.

It should be clear to anyone with even a tiny gram of common sense that Casey Anthony was directly responsible, fully involved and absolutely knowledgable about the death, unwilling to alert authorities about her missing child, and the disposal of her baby daughter...

The verdict should have been: Guilty Murder One - Life In Prison Without Parole
 
Old 07-12-2011, 11:19 AM
 
1,369 posts, read 1,774,930 times
Reputation: 2653
Could somebody please post a link to the photo of Caylee crying? I went to the link, but it was an entire blog and after reading a few entries I still couldn't find that picture.

Thanks.
 
Old 07-12-2011, 12:22 PM
 
Location: Florida
21,667 posts, read 11,132,190 times
Reputation: 7891
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
The more I hear from the various jurors it just confirms the ignorance and low-level mentality of those jurors (both indiviually and collectively) to make the decision they did.

It should be clear to anyone with even a tiny gram of common sense that Casey Anthony was directly responsible, fully involved and absolutely knowledgable about the death, unwilling to alert authorities about her missing child, and the disposal of her baby daughter...

The verdict should have been: Guilty Murder One - Life In Prison Without Parole
I totally agree! I can't believe how they can answer questions that make them look so ignorant as to the duct tape on Caylees face, the trunk smell... who would INVENT trunk smell IF IT WASN'T THERE!! It was Cindy who first noticed the stench in the trunk...some who didn't smell it, the wind could have been blowing in the opposite direction if they didn't smell it.. the point is there was a grandmother who stated there was a stench like a dead body in the trunk. How can one ignor that? And the others who smelled it. I can explain why some didn't smell it.. air circulation can make something smell one minute and if air changes direction we can't smell it.. this is common sense.

Just watching a blume of smoke change direction. When it comes into your direction you can smell it when the air circulation changes and takes it into another direction one cannot smell it . These jurors used NO COMMON SENSE AT ALL.

All those who have common sense and can logically think did not make it to this jury.

One thing Baez could do was pick a jury with no common sense.
 
Old 07-12-2011, 12:29 PM
 
301 posts, read 992,772 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Have you checked the cost of giving birth in a hospital lately?
I know it is in the thousands but do not know how much. My son is in his forty's and my bill back then was in the range of $400.00, my weekly grocery bill was about $15.00.
I can completely understand the rage Cindy must have felt, owing thousands to pay for the birth and after working all day, she comes home to Casey who had no plans to find a job, laying on the couch watching movies with her boyfriend. At the same time Cindy had probably discovered more money missing from her bank account and more charges to her credit card. It has been reported that Casey did this on a regular basis.
So anyway, try to put yourself in Cindy's place. Remember George had just lost thousands gambling and in an internet scheme. He also could not keep a job for very long.

I'm not questioning that is was wrong for her to ask Casey for the money but in front of the boyfriend and making statements such as "why would you want to marry someone like that" is NOT ok. I didn't hear anything about George having lost thousands in an internet scheme. First time hearing that. If it is true... what a $#@^&%$ family!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top