U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2011, 09:57 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,717,452 times

Advertisements

A juror was on tv, her incredibly, lame justifications that the defense did not prove anything beyond a "reasonable" doubt. They must have a pretty high bar for what is "reasonable"

Sorry, I just don't agree, or have any respect for that verdict.

She literally said she KNEW Casey was guilty, but felt that there was not enough evidence to prove it. Okay. She says Casey killed her child...little LATE!

Sick of these jurors wanting a "pity party", "my life is horrible"...whatever...shut up already. No one cares.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:37 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,304,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I'm sure he still gets a fat police pension. He's a retired cop. No matter what he does, they won't take that away.
I don't think so, he only worked for the police dept in Ohio for 10 years or less. George's father sold used cars and George went to work with him. They had a disagreement and George started his own used car business. The business failed. George ran unsuccessful for County Clerk of Court and they relocated to Florida in 1989.

This is an article from their hometown newspaper. You can click on the picture on the right side of the page to enlarge a picture of Cindy in high school.

Murder Case Hits Home

Old 07-12-2011, 11:46 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,304,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

She literally said she KNEW Casey was guilty, but felt that there was not enough evidence to prove it. Okay. She says Casey killed her child...little LATE!

Sick of these jurors wanting a "pity party", "my life is horrible"...whatever...shut up already. No one cares.
I agree with the pity party. They made a decision and should be able to live with it without the whining and poor me stuff. One said 'not guilty doesn't mean we thought she was innocent.' That makes so much sense doesn't it.

After listening to the Jury foreman, I can see where he would be a bully. I understand better why Juror #2 being the final hold out for guilty caved.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:21 AM

3,173 posts, read 3,076,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I imagine if any of our families were suddenly thrown in the lime light .... there are stories other people could tell about us and words spoken in our own homes to each other that would sound bad and dysfunctional.

....then again....maybe I'm the only mom who loses her temper....
I can sure tell you this, if I was supporting a daughter and her baby, my husband, responsible for all of the debt that this family had and came home from work hot and tired to find the daughter and her boyfriend laying around eating all of the food and watching movies all day and probably everyday?
Eventually I would blow and it would not be pretty.
The kitchen was probably a big mess too.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I agree with the pity party. They made a decision and should be able to live with it without the whining and poor me stuff. One said 'not guilty doesn't mean we thought she was innocent.' That makes so much sense doesn't it.

After listening to the Jury foreman, I can see where he would be a bully. I understand better why Juror #2 being the final hold out for guilty caved.
I wonder what happens in a jury room when it is 11 to 1 and you are the 1?
How do you think they treat that person if she won't come around to their way of thinking???
I would feel so ganged up on and wonder if you would be allowed to go to the judge about it.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:32 AM

Quote:
A juror was on tv, her incredibly, lame justifications that the defense did not prove anything beyond a "reasonable" doubt. They must have a pretty high bar for what is "reasonable"

Which juror was this? The nurse who came out first or a later one?

Old 07-13-2011, 05:32 AM

3,752 posts, read 7,486,083 times
Quote:
a juror was on tv, her incredibly, lame justifications that the defense did not prove anything beyond a "reasonable" doubt. They must have a pretty high bar for what is "reasonable"

sorry, i just don't agree, or have any respect for that verdict.

She literally said she knew casey was guilty, but felt that there was not enough evidence to prove it. Okay. She says casey killed her child...little late!

sick of these jurors wanting a "pity party", "my life is horrible"...whatever...shut up already. no one cares.
agreed!

Old 07-13-2011, 05:34 AM

3,752 posts, read 7,486,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I wonder what happens in a jury room when it is 11 to 1 and you are the 1?
How do you think they treat that person if she won't come around to their way of thinking???
I would feel so ganged up on and wonder if you would be allowed to go to the judge about it.
When its 11 to 1 and you have a civic duty you stand your ground and let the judge know - hung jury - it happens all the time. Unfortunately this jury was a pathetic crew.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
When its 11 to 1 and you have a civic duty you stand your ground and let the judge know - hung jury - it happens all the time. Unfortunately this jury was a pathetic crew.
I am just wondering about how they make that lone person feel. Do they attack your intelligence and try to make you feel like you are stupid?
Just trying to get an idea of how they deal with the 1 lone person before it gets to the point of a hung jury and if you can report to the judge that they are insulting you, if they are or if this ever happens in the jury room.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:55 AM

28,206 posts, read 20,744,351 times
Quote:

Speak for yourself. I happen to care and think it's terrible how these people are being treated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or