U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-13-2011, 06:46 AM
 
3,173 posts, read 3,080,063 times
Reputation: 3699

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Speak for yourself. I happen to care and think it's terrible how these people are being treated.
It may be terrible how these jurors are being treated but it seems that they put George Anthony on trial instead of Casey and I am wondering if there was a "I am smarter than you attitude" going on in the jury room.

 
Old 07-13-2011, 07:49 AM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 28 days ago)
 
8,744 posts, read 10,865,840 times
Reputation: 12795
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I agree with the pity party. They made a decision and should be able to live with it without the whining and poor me stuff. One said 'not guilty doesn't mean we thought she was innocent.' That makes so much sense doesn't it.

After listening to the Jury foreman, I can see where he would be a bully. I understand better why Juror #2 being the final hold out for guilty caved.
I listened to the foreman too. He sounded like a 30 something who knows all the answers--was he a used car salesman by occupation? He must have said the word "speculation" a hundred times. So, I'm sure he was in there and everytime someone said something, he said, "No, that's speculation."
 
Old 07-13-2011, 08:37 AM
 
Location: Out West
22,791 posts, read 16,864,332 times
Reputation: 26322
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I disagree about the note taking. Haven't you ever had to take notes in class while the instructor was speaking? I have never had a problem taking notes, in fact, I like to because it is my interpretation and I can put question marks at places I feel need to be clarified to me. If I wait for those moments until the end, good Lord, that thought could be long forgotten. You are right, there is court reports...good for those moments you might miss while taking notes.
What we did in college is bring in tape recorders because it is so easy to miss things while taking notes. We brought the tapes home, played them and stopped them as we took our notes so that we didn't miss anything. As the judge said to them in the beginning, do not get so caught up in note taking that you miss something...and it is NOT required of the jury to take notes.

In answer to another question about 11-1 you being the one...I was in that situation. I was the 1. No, they did not belittle me or try to make me feel stupid, they were respectful and listened to me in how I came to my conclusion. I listened to them, they listened to me and after much debate, it turned in to a hung jury with about 4 other people changing their decision.
 
Old 07-13-2011, 09:29 AM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,756,753 times
Reputation: 26119
I personally think that the jurors were thinking about the penalty issues, not what the focus should have been, guilt or nor guilty. I think the whole death penalty issue was freaking them out. But their job is to use common sense, which they did not do. That is allowed, there was enough evidence and common sense to determine guilt. INMO.

They caved to whatever was easiest.
 
Old 07-13-2011, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Florida
21,692 posts, read 11,148,415 times
Reputation: 7909
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Which juror was this? The nurse who came out first or a later one?
It was Jennifer Ford # 3 juror whining.

The Foreman #11 is past stupid. He believes all the statements of the defense and it was ALL CONJECTURE! No Evidence to back up what he thinks.. I can't even go where he is.. he is that senseless!

This foreman actually did use his feelings and discounted ALL THE PHYSICAL EVIDENCE of the prosecution. The duct tape, the smell the fact Caylee was thrown away like trash .

Who in their right mind would see a child drown and then throw her body in the muck?

Then the duct tape that was on Caylee's nose and mouth.. here is George posting up Caylee's picture with the same duct tape. Now we know that George is an x cop and knows about evidence. Can anyone in their common sense mind think that George killed Caylee , put the rare duct tape on her nose and mouth and then goes around and posts up Caylee's picture with that same duct tape?? One would have to be NUTS! This foreman juror has no reasoning ability.. what a total airhead flakely loon!

Baez hit the dumb jury lottery.
 
Old 07-13-2011, 10:06 AM
 
4,532 posts, read 5,116,257 times
Reputation: 3983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It was Jennifer Ford # 3 juror whining.

The Foreman #11 is past stupid. He believes all the statements of the defense and it was ALL CONJECTURE! No Evidence to back up what he thinks.. I can't even go where he is.. he is that senseless!

This foreman actually did use his feelings and discounted ALL THE PHYSICAL EVIDENCE of the prosecution. The duct tape, the smell the fact Caylee was thrown away like trash .

Who in their right mind would see a child drown and then throw her body in the muck?

Then the duct tape that was on Caylee's nose and mouth.. here is George posting up Caylee's picture with the same duct tape. Now we know that George is an x cop and knows about evidence. Can anyone in their common sense mind think that George killed Caylee , put the rare duct tape on her nose and mouth and then goes around and posts up Caylee's picture with that same duct tape?? One would have to be NUTS! This foreman juror has no reasoning ability.. what a total airhead flakely loon!

Baez hit the dumb jury lottery.
or the tampered with jury lottery!
 
Old 07-13-2011, 10:17 AM
 
3,173 posts, read 3,080,063 times
Reputation: 3699
The phrase "somebody gave him a little bit of authority" keeps coming to my mind.
 
Old 07-13-2011, 10:25 AM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,943 posts, read 19,176,033 times
Reputation: 9175
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I would feel so ganged up on and wonder if you would be allowed to go to the judge about it.
If the other jurors are actually violating protocol, then yes you could speak to the judge about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I am just wondering about how they make that lone person feel. Do they attack your intelligence and try to make you feel like you are stupid?
Just trying to get an idea of how they deal with the 1 lone person before it gets to the point of a hung jury and if you can report to the judge that they are insulting you, if they are or if this ever happens in the jury room.
Do you think there is some kind of rule here? The possibilities are as endless as the combinations of personalities that you could be dealing with.
 
Old 07-13-2011, 10:27 AM
 
Location: Florida
21,692 posts, read 11,148,415 times
Reputation: 7909
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I personally think that the jurors were thinking about the penalty issues, not what the focus should have been, guilt or nor guilty. I think the whole death penalty issue was freaking them out. But their job is to use common sense, which they did not do. That is allowed, there was enough evidence and common sense to determine guilt. INMO.

They caved to whatever was easiest.
6 were for manslaughter in the beginning.

They did have an alternative to the death penalty and still Casey could have gotten murder 1 without the death penalty. They had options , it was the George Anthony trial they were listening to according to Juror Foreman #11. Casey was exonerated in Juror # 11's mind.. she just lied and had bad behavior.. it was all George Anthony...
 
Old 07-13-2011, 11:01 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX
4,753 posts, read 12,332,310 times
Reputation: 3224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

Baez hit the dumb jury lottery.
This pretty much sums it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top