Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 12:55 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times

Advertisements

Maybe George and Cindy will take matters into their own hands since the jury failed to do so.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:56 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
I hope the judge puts the kibbosh on any future $$$ deals for anyone involved in this trial.

What a travesty of justice.
You took the words right out of my mouth. Since he did convict Casey on some charges, albeit only misdimeanors, can he rule she can't sell movie rights or profit from a book?

Old 07-05-2011, 12:57 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,844,996 times
I'm just stunned. My faith in the jury system is totally gone. If she didn't do it, then who did???? Somebody put her in the woods dead. I could go on and on but just don't have the energy for this...

Old 07-05-2011, 12:58 PM

2,727 posts, read 6,151,705 times
Even if Caylee truly accidentally drowned, someone had to do the rest - duct tape on her face/hair? Body found in a swamp months later? No one reported her missing for a month?

*shakes head*

Old 07-05-2011, 12:58 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,380,607 times
UN-EFFING-BELIEVABLE!!!!

I honestly thought her guilt was piled miles high!

Who the hell does not report their only child missing for a month? THen goes partying on with friends, who did not know anything about it? Who also fabricates an entire lie about her whereabouts and makes up a fake baby sitter?? WHo also had chloroform and neckbreaking searched on her computer and the sent of remains in her trunk. Who??? Who does that but someone that has plenty to hide and also someone that has a daughter missing??? She killed her or had something to do with it. This is outrageous to me!

I feel like Scott Peterson got convicted on lesser evidence in Lacy's murder.

The jurors failed.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:59 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,448,181 times
so they convicted her of being a liar...

that's what she was guilty of.

so why is it such a stretch to believe that she killed her baby girl?

Old 07-05-2011, 01:00 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Maybe George and Cindy will take matters into their own hands since the jury failed to do so.
at this point in time, a civil suit would be totally useless in my opinion, besides further ruining both parties even more.

1,619 posts, read 2,827,442 times
I am truly not clear how to respond to this verdict - stunned, well that is an understatement! I am truly stunned - I at least thought the jury would put 2+2 together and question why someone would fabricate so many stories - why someone would consistently lie if not to cover up something - personally, I do not think that is rocket science..I can understand, perhaps, deliberating about 1st degree or manslaughter - but this!?!?!?!?!

I wonder if all of the jury members will sleep well not only tonight but all the future tonights.

Perhaps it will be like OJ - took time but he was nailed on something else, and frankly, I believe, as I suspect many others do as well.....one of the reasons OJ was convicted in LV and the charges/sentence was to reap what did not happen to him with his wife and Ron.

I think that Casey Anthony will stay sort of low-key for awhile, I think she will be afraid to go out and be seen and recognized for awhile, and perhaps even be a tad humble-appearing; however, down the road, she will view this episode in her life as perhaps a 'hiccup' and will do something else, presuming, once again, she will not have to be held accountable for anything.

I hope she does NOT get credit for time served and be able to walk out of prison a completely free woman. I have, at least somewhat, some faith left in the judge and perhaps he will, if even for another year or two, hold her accountable for her constant lying to law enforcement.

Oh brother!

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
One difference between this verdict and OJ's.

He partied after the verdict.

She partied after the death.

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
As far as I'm concerned the prosecution did their own share of lying in this case. Do I think she's guilty? Yep, I do. However, I believe that the prosecution pushed their "far fetched" theories so far that the jurists refused to buy it. Now if they had said, "Casey Anthony gave us clues as to how her daughter died, then went on a frantic quest to appear as "normal" as possible. The clues include naming her actual killer...Xanax (otherwise known as Nanny Zanny)." Whether she had an actual prescription for the drug or not, does not mean that she couldn't have procured it from an illegal source." Here's how the scenario would play out in my mind. Casey wanted to have a good time. Caylee was a tough child to get to sleep at night. Xanax was used to knock here out so that mom could have a good time. Upon administration of Xanax (more is better don't ya know) her child went into respiratory arrest. She died with her mouth open, Casey duct taped her mouth closed, perhaps because she couldn't handle seeing that way, perhaps to keep things from crawling in her mouth.

The prosecution's biggest mistake was in trying to drive the "premeditation" concept home on the jury....and they didn't buy it. If they would have listened to the clues Casey gave and gone for an accidental death scenario, the jury would have been much more likely to buy it. I can't help but wonder who they're going to go after now! OR will someone come forward and admit to giving Casey the Xanax and will someone admit to having knowledge of her administering the Xanax to her daughter? You can bet this isn't over!! Another interesting concept...did the Xanax come from Cindy or George?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime