Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 04:33 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,800,032 times

Advertisements

An alternate juror seemed to have bought the accident that snowballed theory and believe George was complicit in the coverup. Moron.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:33 PM

288 posts, read 168,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
of course i don't respect the jury's verdict!

this jury, like the OJ jury, lacked common sense and you would think when a child has been MURDERED that there would be some. i don't even think they took enough time to adequately analyze all the charges available and all the evidence presented. they aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

i pointed out a lot of the evidence earlier. if the jury can't add 2 plus 2 and get 4, they don't deserve respect. A DEAD CHILD HAS BEEN DENIED JUSTICE.

the jury CONVICTS her of lying, but not anything else. that certainly is odd. why would you lie if you didn't have anything to hide?

i agree with the other poster, and i bet nobody in that jury room would let casey babysit their children.

they know.
Certainly you know enough about the law to know that it is not the job of a jury to add 2 + 2 in a trial based on emotion. They can't make those leaps of faith which you have made. The are REQUIRED to follow the law. What? Do you want juries to make up their own laws and disregard the legal instructions they have been given.

THE STATE COULD NOT EVEN PROVE HOW THE CHILD DIED, WHEN SHE ACTUALLY DIED, and COULD NOT PROVIDE A CREDIBLE MOTIVE.

How do YOU know that Caylee's death was not accidental? How do you know that? How do you PROVE that her death was not an accident?

They convicted her of lying because they had video tapes of the lying and she admitted it basically.

Your arguments are TOTALLY EMOTIONAL. You should know that we don't try cases based on emotions; we try cases based on FACTS. You do not have the FACTS to prove beyond and to the exclusion of every reasonable doubt that Casey Anthony intentionally murder her child.

Why do people lie if they don't have anything to hide? That's YOUR evidence? Geeezzzz.

People lie for a variety of reasons. Sometimes people lie to protect their loved ones in some circumstances. People lie because they are fearful; maybe someone out there wants to hurt them. And people lie because they don't want to be convicted of something they didn't do! If you believe that hogwash about if you're innocent you will be acquitted, then you're really naive. Being a liar does NOT make someone a murderer.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:34 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
I actually think that the media hype is why the prosecutors office did not go with child abuse, and give her a plea deal. She probably would have taken it. And having a conviction of child abuse following you around for life, really can make getting jobs, apartments, lots of things difficult. But, they got all puffed up, and wanted to do the big "murder" death penalty trial. That was the real crime here.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:36 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
First, I think that the state did not prove their case because I came away with a reasonable doubt.

Second, I honestly don't know what happened. In my own mind I don't feel like I "know" what happened. I "believe" that Caylee's death was an accident, and I think Casey was involved in that accident. That's the best I can come up with, based on what I consider credible evidence. I think Casey is innocent of intentionally killing her daughter.

I read those jury instructions, and following the jury instructions, which is the law, I can totally understand why this jury came up with this verdict. I'm surprised though that they did just a good job at following the law.
Isn't or shouldn't it be a felony crime to not report a child's death even in the result of accident? Isn't it or shouldn't it be a felony to provide false information to law enforcement that could thwart an investigation of a disappearance or murder? What about tampering with evidence or transporting a deceased person from the crime scene (human decomposition in the trunk of her car)? I can agree that based on the jury instructions it would hard be to convict Casey of first degree murder with the evidence given, and possibly even manslaughter. But it is very clear, even to you, that she was involved in and covered up the death of her child and this should be a felony crime punishable by a long minimum prison sentence. Either way you look at it, the law didn't work today.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:37 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
She should have received manslaughter-
She should have at least gotten one of the lesser charges. That child is dead and she had something to do with it. The jury just coasted on out of there; didn't ask a single question.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I actually think that the media hype is why the prosecutors office did not go with child abuse, and give her a plea deal. She probably would have taken it. And having a conviction of child abuse following you around for life, really can make getting jobs, apartments, lots of things difficult. But, they got all puffed up, and wanted to do the big "murder" death penalty trial. That was the real crime here.
I thought they should have left the death penalty out of it.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
she wasn't just a liar. she said that her father and brother molested her, (a strong accusation) but then she let them babysit her own child.

rather odd behavior also.
That "rather odd behavior" does not mean she is a murderer. A jury could not convict her of one of the first three counts simply because she said her father and brother sexually molested her and then let them babysit her child. How do YOU KNOW that her father and brother didn't molest her? Where is your proof that that didn't happen? You have none. Neither did the prosecution.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
An alternate juror seemed to have bought the accident that snowballed theory and believe George was complicit in the coverup. Moron.
Where did you hear/read this?

Old 07-05-2011, 04:46 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
This was a good tactical move by the defense and the prosecution screwed up the rebuttal. "River Cruz" or whatever her name was at first said that George told her that "it was an accident that snowballed out of control". Then during cross examination the prosecutor said "Didn't he say he 'believed' it was an accident it snowballed out of control?" and River Cruz replied "No, he said it was and accident that snowballed out of control." Then the prosecution had her read her statement to police that she made several years ago about that comment and guess what? She read outloud that she had told police that he said he "believed" it was an accident. However, she was stuttering and fumbling so bad and is such a bad reader it was hard to catch. The prosecutor tried to make her repeat it and confirm that statement and the dialogue became totally messy and fumbled. It got confusing for everyone. Eventually the judge just threw it out. That was a loss for the prosecution and River Cruz is a liar.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
Isn't or shouldn't it be a felony crime to not report a child's death even in the result of accident? Isn't it or shouldn't it be a felony to provide false information to law enforcement that could thwart an investigation of a disappearance or murder? What about tampering with evidence or transporting a deceased person from the crime scene (human decomposition in the trunk of her car)? I can agree that based on the jury instructions it would hard be to convict Casey of first degree murder with the evidence given, and possibly even manslaughter. But it is very clear, even to you, that she was involved in and covered up the death of her child and this should be a felony crime punishable by a long minimum prison sentence. Either way you look at it, the law didn't work today.
All of those things you mention may be illegal. HOWEVER, she was not charged with any of those things. Therefore, she couldn't be convicted of them. The State gets to decided what crimes they want to charge or present to a grand jury. The ball was in their court to make those decisions.

It may be clear "in my mind" that she was somehow involved but I don't have any substantial evidence to prove that she was or what she actually did. Therefore, no conviction. Actually there was no uncontroverted evidence that she did transport the body. Remember, there were forensic experts which disagreed with the proposition that Caylee's body was in that trunk.

I guess if you want there to be a crime for covering up a death, and if it is not a crime, the best thing to do would be to lobby your legislature to make such a law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime