Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 05:31 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,373,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
I have the capacity to understand that I don't have a balance of information regarding Casey Anthony.
But you're not neutral either, and that is where the suspicion about who you are is coming from. "I hope not" is your reply about Casey's possible future encounters with the law. If you are neutral and do not know her, why do you care? "I hope she can move on from this" or something like that is what you posted. You are bias, just in the other direction.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:31 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,232,187 times
Quote:
The 12 who gave the verdict had no interest in speaking with the media.
At least that is smart!

Old 07-05-2011, 05:34 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,468,548 times
Quote:
That "rather odd behavior" does not mean she is a murderer. A jury could not convict her of one of the first three counts simply because she said her father and brother sexually molested her and then let them babysit her child. How do YOU KNOW that her father and brother didn't molest her? Where is your proof that that didn't happen? You have none. Neither did the prosecution.
Your post is indicative of why juries lose trust. How can anyone prove a negative, that GA and the brother did Not abuse her.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:37 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,848,165 times
The jury has done what they were expected to do. That said, I think that justice was not served in this case, and justice will never be afforded to caylee, whos body was was stuffed in a trash and dumped in a swamp to rot. How in this earth 12 people could conclude that she was totally innnocent is beyond me, but it happened. How will casey go on living? Where will she go? There may well be some vigilante justice in store for this women, not that Im condoning that sort of action be taken. I cant blame jeff ashton for retiring one bit. He is probly asking himself, "whats all this for if a jury presented with astounding evidence caanot come back with a guilty verdict" ? I have followed this case from the beginning and I am still in shock. I still have a feeling of in completeness.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:41 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,247,444 times
All you need is a group of bleeding hearts in the jury stand to examine all the evidence and still cave in to a not guilty verdict.

There was a case here in the 90's when a group of thugs decided to pull in to a Christmas tree lot and get rowdy. The owners of the tree business had enough and ordered them to leave the premises. Next day, the same group of kids ~ 6 or 7 of them ~ went back, this time armed with a baseball. Yes, it got physical, and then the bat wielder clobbered one of the owners and caused him permanent brain damage.

This group of kids WENT BACK, and they were the ones who were armed, and still the jury let them out free as a bird, probably because the boys were still teens. Since then two of those boys have been in and out of prison, and there was no justice for their violence.

And I think my point here is that jurors do make wrong verdicts based on bleeding heart emotions.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:43 PM

288 posts, read 167,229 times
It is being reported on HLN that the attorney for Cindy and George Anthony has said that the Anthonys are getting death threats!!

We are such a very violent society. Amazing how hard, mean, and violent as a society we have become. WHY, WHY, WHY in the world would people threaten to kill the mother and father! I hope law enforcement can track down those threats quickly.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:45 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,183,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Blame the cast of the Golden Girls (i.e. - sequestered jury) for the verdict. I will say it again - the jury pool you get with a sequestered jury will always be flawed.
ANY jury will be flawed when it's full of fallible humans.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:46 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,031,091 times
Quote:
I realize that nobody out there is going to be putting out any positive information about her because they will drop in ratings if they do. I have seen some very good and well respected criminal defense attorneys from time to time on those TV shows who have been pointing out the flaws in the State's case, and I've seen those people cut off during their statements and I've seen that those people have not been invited back on those shows.
Very true.

Dead child in swamp sells a limited amount of soap. Dead child in swamp killed by whack-job party mom is Nancy Grace gold. Twenty years from now we will still remember who "Tot Mom" is.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:47 PM

288 posts, read 167,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
All you need is a group of bleeding hearts in the jury stand to examine all the evidence and still cave in to a not guilty verdict.

There was a case here in the 90's when a group of thugs decided to pull in to a Christmas tree lot and get rowdy. The owners of the tree business had enough and ordered them to leave the premises. Next day, the same group of kids ~ 6 or 7 of them ~ went back, this time armed with a baseball. Yes, it got physical, and then the bat wielder clobbered one of the owners and caused him permanent brain damage.

This group of kids WENT BACK, and they were the ones who were armed, and still the jury let them out free as a bird, probably because the boys were still teens. Since then two of those boys have been in and out of prison, and there was no justice for their violence.

And I think my point here is that jurors do make wrong verdicts based on bleeding heart emotions.
Juries wrongly convict people too. It's a FACT that innocent people have been wrongfully convicted. However, in the long-run, this system is correct far more often than it's wrong.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:49 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,183,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I should hope if any of you are ever accused of a crime you didn't commit, that your attorney would be just as concerned for your being crucified in the media b/f you even had a chance to go to trial.

You all forget that people DO get convicted unjustly. The public gets all whipped up into a lynching party frenzy, and people get convicted in the media and on forums - before the trial has even started.

We need to stop and think about how wonderful it is that we have a justice system that does not depend on how the media portrays the "facts" and how TV court show pundits villify the accused.
I agree with all of your posts anifani.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime