Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 07:11 PM

288 posts, read 168,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Jessee Grund (former fiance of Casey Anthony) speaking on the Nancy Grace Show:

"This was all about winning. This was never about the truth."

I think that is very, very true.
I missed that. Did he say that Casey's defense was all about winning and was never about the truth? Did he say why he thought that?

Did he and Casey have an unpleasant breakup?

Old 07-05-2011, 07:12 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
This system of things here is doomed. Lies win, murderers win, greed wins , satan wins, immorality wins selfserving people win, materialism wins, shallowness wins.

Good is bad, and bad is good today. The world system is rotting away. This trial is proof.
Cut the dramatics. Your post is wholly FALSE.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:14 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Jessee Grund (former fiance of Casey Anthony) speaking on the Nancy Grace Show:

"This was all about winning. This was never about the truth."

I think that is very, very true.
obviously. Egos of lawyers are huge
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
In the beginning I really felt sorry for the jury, sequestered, away from family and friends. Day after day seeing and hearing all the horror that Casey Anthony wrought ... the skull with weeds and roots growing through it ... animals chewing on the bones of that poor baby.

Now I could care less. They either didn't listen to the same trial and evidence I watched or they are dumb as dirt and didn't pay one bit of attention to the trial and merely listened to Jose rambling, whining and doing a very good job of confusing everyone. They didn't consider Caylee Marie Anthony is dead, the case was about Caylee Marie Anthony. That baby did not receive justice today.
thank you!!! could not agree more
Quote:
Rosalie gave up custody of her four daughters for Bolin the Butcher!
sick,demented,disgusting

Old 07-05-2011, 07:14 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Can someone explain to me why this is funny?

Did I indicate it was funny? No smiley face ... no big grin ... she has the imaginary friends not me. Even her attorney in his closing arguments put up a post of all the faceless imaginary friends.

Nope it's not funny, it is sick because it was nothing but bald faced lying and young Caylee Marie, she is dead now, would soon be talking and believe me kids will talk. Annabell ?? Zachary ??

Caylee Anthony is the victim in case any one forgets that.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
The media did not influence my view regarding the case. The media provided information but I went more along with In Session and reading the NY Times, Orlando Sentinel and other various papers. I am not influenced by opinionated outlets and discussions such as Nancy Grace, Geraldo Rivera, Anderson Cooper, Dr Drew and whoever else wants to provide their own opinion to the case.

Currently there is a capital murder case in Texas. A mother killed her new born child and ate bits of the child. People are enraged and want to see the woman die. It has been in the news but if one reads what is written and is investigated one would see that the mother was suffering from a severe form of post partum depression called post partum psychosis. Her mother and sister tried to get her help and even spoke with her doctors before she killed her newborn. The murder was not premediated and she tried to kill herself thereafter.

While I sympathize with the father of the deceased baby and understand that this is horrific crime that no one should have to endure if I ever become the juror in this case I would probably say Not Guilty. I am a mother, I have a child, I am currently pregnant and emotion aside I feel that this woman needed help desperately and it wasn't given to her. Does she deserve to die in this case? No. Does she need to spend time in a mental state institution? Yes.

The 'opinionated media' those who do not provide facts but opinions of the facts believe otherwise.

Casey Anthony on the other hand lied through out the whole ordeal, left her daughter for dead, partied and splashed her pictures on facebook. She showed no remorse, her tears were false except for those she shed when she was given her verdict and she in my eyes does not mourn her daughters death.

Do I believe there was enough evidence to support the prosecution? Unfortunately no. But if I was a juror in the Casey Anthony case given with what the prosecution had presented and that of the defense I would most likely have went with:

Not Guilty on First Degree Murder
Guilty on Aggravated Child Abuse
Guilty on Aggravated Manslaughter
Guilty on all other counts of lying to enforcement regarding the disappearance of Caylee Anthony.

I think that would have been justice.

I have said enough about this case and I am sadden that we all will never know the full truth behind Caylee's death.

It would be a travesty if Casey Anthony seeks to make a buck out of her daughter's death and it will only show how much she truly did not care about her daughter.

Tonight I am going to hug my little one tight and light a candle in honor of Caylee Anthony.
In Session TV has "hosts" on their coverage of the trial. Those people on In Session are the same folks you see on HLN. They were all giving their opinions every time there was a break for a commercial, every time the jury was out, during lunch, etc. If you watched the trial on In Session, you did not get a non-biased perspective.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:28 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
In Session TV has "hosts" on their coverage of the trial. Those people on In Session are the same folks you see on HLN. They were all giving their opinions every time there was a break for a commercial, every time the jury was out, during lunch, etc. If you watched the trial on In Session, you did not get a non-biased perspective.
I do not listen to hosts...I do not care for them. I listen to what prosecution and defense are saying, I follow the case not the opinions of others.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:30 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
Another thing that is b/s ... Jose Baez's statement about his daughter asking him when he got home "What did you do today?"

It took eight years for the Florida Bar Association and the Florida Supreme Court to admit him to the bar. He was writing bad checks and their main problem with Baez was he was not paying his court ordered child support for his child. I wonder what that child thinks of him. You can google this info it's all there.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Did I indicate it was funny? No smiley face ... no big grin ... she has the imaginary friends not me. Even her attorney in his closing arguments put up a post of all the faceless imaginary friends.

Nope it's not funny, it is sick because it was nothing but bald faced lying and young Caylee Marie, she is dead now, would soon be talking and believe me kids will talk. Annabell ?? Zachary ??

Caylee Anthony is the victim in case any one forgets that.

I don't think anyone has forgotten Caylee Anthony.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:37 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
And who would buy her book or go see her movie? As many people who certainly seem to hate her, I can't imagine that she would have many book sales. I know that I think the verdict was the correct verdict, and I wouldn't buy her book.
According to the reasoning the jury apparently used, no one could be convicted of a crime unless there was a video tape of it. Example: A man calls the police and says someone just broke in his home and during an altercation his wife was shot and killed. The police arrive and find no evidence of a break in (broken window, door kicked in, etc.), they find no weapon either and the autopsy determines that the woman had actually died hours before the police arrived. The guy changes his story and admits he didn't call the police right away because he went to look for the murderer. Neighbors say that the came to the house after they heard shots and the husband told them that everything was ok, it was just a microwave explosion from accidentally putting a dish lined with metal in there. The investigation reveals that there is blood in the husband's car (although there are some "experts" the defense brings in to say there was no blood) and there were searches on the man's computer for "murder" and "gun shot wounds". It is further revealed this guy lied to police about many facts and to his family and friends. Other than that, there is no direct evidence that this man killed his wife. So you are saying that since there is no hard evidence this guy should go free?

Old 07-05-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Another thing that is b/s ... Jose Baez's statement about his daughter asking him when he got home "What did you do today?"

It took eight years for the Florida Bar Association and the Florida Supreme Court to admit him to the bar. He was writing bad checks and their main problem with Baez was he was not paying his court ordered child support for his child. I wonder what that child thinks of him. You can google this info it's all there.
Gee, what that really necessary? I've enjoyed reading a lot of your posts in this True Crime forum, and the above post surprises me. IMO, it's beneath you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime