Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 09:08 PM

531 posts, read 2,893,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Exactly what is it, specificallly, that you do not understand about how our criminal justice system works, because obviously you don't understand the process and the basics of how our courts work?
You are missing my point. I understand the basics of how our courts work--how they work is flawed, and this case is a perfect example of it.

The take away from this for some sick minds is--I CAN get away with murder, so long as I don't leave any "traceable" evidence. Is that how our justice system is supposed to work?

Yes, I get it--the prosecution did not prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" in the mind of the 12 random people of questionable intelligence that she did murder her child. But anyone with half a brain who followed this trial knows that this girl murdered her child. The best the defense could come up with was she drowned in the pool and they didn't tell anyone because the father molested the child's mother and they didn't want him to get in trouble--are you kidding me?! This is "the process and the basics of how our courts work"? This is the way it should be?

Old 07-05-2011, 09:09 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,373,140 times
@Gatormama, several problems with your post. For one, there were air samples taken from the trunk that revealed a chemical composition consistent with human decomposition. Maybe you didn't pay attention to that part of the trial. Secondly, the guy who said it smelled like human decomposition, is a decomposition expert who has done significant work at a body farm. This is much more that an "opinion".

Also, establishing a cause and time of death means nothing if you can't connect it to the suspect, according to your theory right? So by simple establishing a cause and time of death in my hypothetical case, still doesn't prove the husband did it unless you can connect him directly to the crime, ie, prove that he shot her. If no ballistic or blood spatter evidence was present, does this man go free, even though multitudes of other circumstantial evidence show this man was complicit in his wife's death?

Old 07-05-2011, 09:11 PM

33,506 posts, read 18,000,009 times
Biaz said it was a terrible accident that is why Caylee is dead. What does he know? Why did Biaz make this statement? Did Casey say it was an accident? Casey said Caylee did not drown in the pool in the beginning before they found the body.

If it was an accident why did Caylee wind up in the muck down the street to rot?

Old 07-05-2011, 09:14 PM

1,930 posts, read 1,818,224 times
The prosecution failed in this case. Casey must now walk a very thin line. She will be under the microscope for some time now. I hope people will leave her parents alone.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:16 PM

288 posts, read 167,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
There's no doubt that Casey murdered her daughter. BUT the state failed to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, or a shadow of a doubt, in the opinion of those twelve jurors. Casey was not found to be innocent, the jury came back with a verdict of not guilty.

George and Cindy believe Casey bagged up Caylee and threw her body in the woods. An accident that caused Caylee's death - now way! Casey MURDERED the little girl. It's clear beyond a 'reasonable' doubt...with most everyone that has followed the lengthy trial. If Casey was innocent, her attorneys would have put her on the stand and told her to tell the truth.

It was the perfect murder and the perfect jury...so it turns out. The Happy Murderer
This trial was conducted in the same way all criminal trials are conducted except in this case they had a death penalty qualified jury, and that kind of jury is more likely that "ordinary" juries to return a GUILTY verdict. However, in this case, they appropriately returned a NOT GUILTY verdict because the state did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. It's beyond and to the exclusion of every reasonable doubt.....IT IS NOT A "SHADOW OF A DOUBT"......

I totally understand that the verdict is NOT"innocent." Do you have any link to any statements by George and Cindy Anthony saying they believe their daughter bagged up Caylee and threw her in the words?

Can you prove that Caylee's death was not an accident? I don't think so.

Now, it's my opinion that Casey did not intentionally kill her daughter. I am sure that I don't know what really happened because there was not enough evidence (yes, even circumstantial evidence) to convince me beyond a reasonable doubt of any one theory. I was not present at the time Caylee died, so I don't know how it happened.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:20 PM

30,160 posts, read 23,545,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
@Gatormama, several problems with your post. For one, there were air samples taken from the trunk that revealed a chemical composition consistent with human decomposition. Maybe you didn't pay attention to that part of the trial. Secondly, the guy who said it smelled like human decomposition, is a decomposition expert who has done significant work at a body farm. This is much more that an "opinion".
Unfortunately, a number of lawyers disagree with you. "It smells like..." is always an opinion regardless of where you work. There was no proof of decomposition in the trunk, you are incorrect.

Quote:
Also, establishing a cause and time of death means nothing if you can't connect it to the suspect, according to your theory right? So by simple establishing a cause and time of death in my hypothetical case, still doesn't prove the husband did it unless you can connect him directly to the crime, ie, prove that he shot her. If no ballistic or blood spatter evidence was present, does this man go free, even though multitudes of other circumstantial evidence show this man was complicit in his wife's death?
Those were mere examples of types of evidence that could be found, they were not all encompassing; not the ONLY evidence that could be found. The fact of the matter remains, it is much easier to find evidence in a death hours old as compared to one months old.

It doesn't mean nothing if it can't be connected to the suspect, the fact is, they could not determine how she died or when. That has nothing to do with the suspect. There is no telling when or how she died.

And really, if cases could be summed up that quickly, we wouldn't have trials that last for weeks. The fact is, cases like that are not summed up in one paragraph. You're trying to compare a one paragraph hypothetical to a 6 or so week long trial and a body that was found 5-6 months later. It's ridiculous.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:23 PM

43,854 posts, read 50,919,223 times
I'm so nauseated that the twit got off.....until I have no words.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:25 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,373,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post

Now, it's my opinion that Casey did not intentionally kill her daughter.
What was shown during the trial that makes you believe this? I want to know so I can use that tactic to get murderers a no guilty verdict in the future.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:25 PM

288 posts, read 167,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post
You are missing my point. I understand the basics of how our courts work--how they work is flawed, and this case is a perfect example of it.

The take away from this for some sick minds is--I CAN get away with murder, so long as I don't leave any "traceable" evidence. Is that how our justice system is supposed to work?

Yes, I get it--the prosecution did not prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" in the mind of the 12 random people of questionable intelligence that she did murder her child. But anyone with half a brain who followed this trial knows that this girl murdered her child. The best the defense could come up with was she drowned in the pool and they didn't tell anyone because the father molested the child's mother and they didn't want him to get in trouble--are you kidding me?! This is "the process and the basics of how our courts work"? This is the way it should be?
Geeezzzus! 12 random people. Jury selection is a very long and exhaustive process. Attorneys from BOTH SIDES pick the jury. I can't remember how large the jury pool was for this case, but conceivably they could have picked 12 people from a jury pool of hundreds people!

I think maybe some people have been watching too much TV or too many crime movies! I have far more than half a brain, I followed this trial, and I do NOT KNOW that Casey Anthony murdered her child. There are a number of reasonable possibilities of what could have happened, and accidental drowning is certainly a possibility.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:26 PM

30,160 posts, read 23,545,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post

That is so rude I can't even believe someone would say it. Those people put aside their lives for 6 or so weeks, doing their duty, as we all should, so that we may continue to have this justice system that DOES work whether you like the outcome or not. To insult the jurors just because they rendered a verdict different than what you think it should have been is shameful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime